Newcastle vs Birmingham Pre Match Thread

Decky

5-1 - NEWC: O. Martins (2, 89) A. Smith (32) C. N'Zogbia (52) D. Rozenhal (83) BIRM: O. Kapo (34)

Bookings - NEWC A. Smith, Geremi, H. Beye BIRM: M. Taylor, S. Larsson, D. De Ridder F. Muamba

We don't score our second til after 30 minutes?

Well fuck that then, bunch of useless bastards.  Allardyce out.

And we then let them straight back into it!

5-1 - NEWC: O. Martins (2, 89) A. Smith (32) C. N'Zogbia (52) D. Rozenhal (83) BIRM: O. Kapo (34)

Bookings - NEWC A. Smith, Geremi, H. Beye BIRM: M. Taylor, S. Larsson, D. De Ridder F. Muamba

We don't score our second til after 30 minutes?

Well f*** that then, bunch of useless bastards.  Allardyce out.

And we then let them straight back into it!

Then have to wait until the 52ND MINUTE to become comfortable again. Unacceptable tbh.

Given

Geremi    Beye    Taylor  Enrique

Roz

Barton    Emre

Milner                                N'Zogbia

Martins

Bench: Harper, Cacapa, Smith, Butt, Viduka

Given

Geremi    Beye    Taylor  Enrique

Roz

Barton    Emre

Milner                                N'Zogbia

Martins

Bench: Harper, Cacapa, Smith, Butt, Viduka

Move our two best players against Arsenal to the bench?

-------------------Given

Beye-----Taylor---------Roze---------Jose

Milner----Barton--------Butt----------Zoggy

-----------Martins------Smith

Provided neither Cacapa or Faye are fit, that looks good to me.

-------------------Given

Was my thinking too, cannot see Faye being back for this one, and have not heard a thing about Cacapa being close to a return.

My only worry is that Sam plays Zoggy at LB and Geremi wide right again with Milner down the left.

-------------------Given

Was my thinking too, cannot see Faye being back for this one, and have not heard a thing about Cacapa being close to a return.

My only worry is that Sam plays Zoggy at LB and Geremi wide right again with Milner down the left.

Even if we do, a performance like that against Arsenal will probably be enough to beat Brum so I won't be too displeased.

-------------------Given

Even if we do, a performance like that against Arsenal will probably be enough to beat Brum so I won't be too displeased.

Thats just it though aint it, its this "play like that against Arsenal, get stuck in" thing, we need to play that way every fkn game, if it works against the team at the top of the league then it should work against any team.

Guest Big Spam

For me:

4-3-3

---------Given

Beye--Taylor--Roz--Zog

------------Butt----------

----Barton------Emre

Martins-----------Milner

----------Smith

Think NZogbia will be better than Jose for this game, as we will be able to attack more than against Arsenal.

I've actually been really impressed with how Milner has been playing on the left, I think he beats his man better than on the right.. and Smith's hod up play was quality against Arsenal... hence the forward role

I also think Martins played well on the right wing but was not more effective due to the pace of Clichy..

For me:

4-3-3

---------Given

Beye--Taylor--Roz--Zog

----Barton------Emre

Martins-----------Milner

----------Smith

Think NZogbia will be better than Jose for this game, as we will be able to attack more than against Arsenal.

I've actually been really impressed with how Milner has been playing on the left, I think he beats his man better than on the right.. and Smith's hod up play was quality against Arsenal... hence the forward role

I also think Martins played well on the right wing but was not more effective due to the pace of Clichy..

Good team

For me:

4-3-3

---------Given

Beye--Taylor--Roz--Zog

----Barton------Emre

Martins-----------Milner

----------Smith

Good team, though I'd have Geremi ahead of Butt, Jose instead of Milner and N'Zogbia upfront