James Milner

Alberto2005

So why is Milner singled out for all the negative shit?

Duff has done absolutley fuck all since coming to us, Milner on the other hand has made a positive contribution in many of our games this season,yes he aint a Ronaldo, he aint even a Sellars in my book, but at the moment hes probably our best option on the right side of midfield.

Is he good enough for to be regular side challenging for the top 4 or 5, then probably not.. but you know what were a fucking million miles away from that.

As for the Duffman hes got a lot of catching up to do with his performances here before Ill be convinced hes not just another piss poor signing, who came for the money and a relativley easy fucking ride.

And oh Messi-ah "stop watching football", nah thanks mate someone actually needs to watch the game and not follow the other fuckwits beacuse its fashionable, and rating players mainly on hype or previous performances or reputations.

He isn't a scapegoat.  It's that he's a rotation player turned into a regular first teamer because of poor transfer policy and some people expect too much from him.  He's a decent young player in a league of Petrovs, Ronaldos, Bentleys, SWPS and Ashley Youngs.  This isn't his level and people need to stop being sentimental and accept that fact. 

At the moment, I hope he can stop being so crap and help us work our way up the league.  But next year, we need to cut him loose and upgrade to a real Premiership winger.

He isn't a scapegoat.  It's that he's a rotation player turned into a regular first teamer because of poor transfer policy and some people expect too much from him.  He's a decent young player in a league of Petrovs, Ronaldos, Bentleys, SWPS and Ashley Youngs.  This isn't his level and people need to stop being sentimental and accept that fact. 

At the moment, I hope he can stop being so crap and help us work our way up the league.  But next year, we need to cut him loose and upgrade to a real Premiership winger.

O0 i'd keep him as a squad player mind.

Hopefully Keekan will tell him he is allowed to come off the touchline once in a while to help the midfielders or gamble on a ball going into the box. He limits himself by not doing these things. He has got decent shot but never gets himself in a position to try them.

Duff has been excellent since he returned from injury and at one point in his career he was one of the best left wingers in the world.  Will Milner ever be one of the best right wingers in the world?

To say Milner is a better footballer than him is a joke.  He is slow and shit at crossing, two pretty important attributes to have as a winger. 

Guest Erich von Manstein

Duff has been excellent since he returned from injury

He's been steady. Nothing special.

To say he has been excellent is way OTT

Im very torn on Milner, at the top of his game I watch him and think that he is going to develope into a brilliant player, but at the moment, being off form he doesnt look like he's going to be better than a useful squad player. I think its very easy to forget how young he still is. Improving as a player isnt beyond a just turned 22 year old, however the next 2-3 years are going to be very important for how he actually turns out.

He may not have much pace (although he's not slow), but he can, when on form leave a man for dead with his trickery on the ball. If he can develope some intelligence and work on his crosses he can become a decent player.

Duff..one of the best wingers in the world!! jesus christ I must have missed that mate.

A decent  full season maybe, maybe, at Blackburn.

Disappointing at Chelsea then whoo hoo a big money move to us and  largley fuck all.

Has he been better since coming back of late? Ok I would give you that, but christ on a rope he didnt have to fucking reach the stars to eclipse his previous abject displays.

Will Milner become a world class midfielder/winger..doubt it .

Is he the best option we have at the moment, IMO yes.

I would start him at the moment, I would also look to replace him with better, when, if!,we start rebuilding in the summer. Id probably keep him for a squad player unless silly money was offered,but in all honesty I cant get my head around some of the negativity towards the young lad.

Weve a lot fucking worse at the club at the moment and a lot of our overpaid shitheads should be ahead of him for getting shot with shit by us fans is all Im trying to say.

Milner was our only consistently good player last season. He hasn't turned shit, we just got rid of the two other players who could show some movement from time to time. Who the hell is he supposed to cross to? There's no one there.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/02/04/keegan-s-message-to-milner-72703-20432857/

Keegan’s message to Milner

Feb 4 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United boss Kevin Keegan left James Milner on the bench for yesterday’s derby match with Middlesbrough – but promised it will not happen too often again this season.

Keegan had Emre available again following the little Turk’s three-match ban, and when he decided to give Joey Barton his first start since his latest troubles, it was Milner who made way.

Milner has been involved in every Premier League game United have played this season, the only two matches he has missed being the Carling Cup tie against Barnsley and the FA Cup goalless draw at Stoke City.

But Milner is back on England Under-21 duty with Steven Taylor in their European Champion-ship qualifier against the Republic of Ireland in Southampton tomorrow night.

And so Keegan felt that he would benefit from a breather after a gruelling few months.

However, Milner will want to be back when United go in against Aston Villa on Saturday after being on loan at Villa Park.

And Keegan told me: “I said to James ‘I don’t think I’ll be calling you in too often to say you’re not playing.’

“I just felt we had to try something different. I just felt that was the best way to go to give Emre a chance.

“I also knew Joey Barton would cover that side (on the right wing) a little bit.

“It was just one of those things that you look at and think how do we just change things a little bit? How can we get a result?

“James was unfortunately the one to make way, and I said to him it’s no reflection on how he’s played. He has played every game.

“The sad thing is that he’ll go away and play for the under-21s now, and in some ways that was in my mind as well.

“I know Stuart Pearce will play him. He’ll rest him in the next one, but play him in this one.

“He needs resting. He’s played nearly every minute of every game, and I think Charles N’Zogbia has as well.

“That’s more due to the injuries we’ve had, and the size of the squad.”

Meanwhile, Jose Enrique and Charles N’Zogbia will be in opposition tomorrow night when Spain entertain France in an under-21 fixture at Benidorm.

Enrique has been called up by Spain even though he has been suffering from a bit of calf trouble lately.

:: UNITED have parted company with Mark Taylor, Sam Allardyce’s Head of Sports Science, and also one of their masseurs and video operators.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/02/04/keegan-s-message-to-milner-72703-20432857/

Keegan’s message to Milner

Feb 4 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

NEWCASTLE United boss Kevin Keegan left James Milner on the bench for yesterday’s derby match with Middlesbrough – but promised it will not happen too often again this season.

Keegan had Emre available again following the little Turk’s three-match ban, and when he decided to give Joey Barton his first start since his latest troubles, it was Milner who made way.

Milner has been involved in every Premier League game United have played this season, the only two matches he has missed being the Carling Cup tie against Barnsley and the FA Cup goalless draw at Stoke City.

But Milner is back on England Under-21 duty with Steven Taylor in their European Champion-ship qualifier against the Republic of Ireland in Southampton tomorrow night.

And so Keegan felt that he would benefit from a breather after a gruelling few months.

However, Milner will want to be back when United go in against Aston Villa on Saturday after being on loan at Villa Park.

And Keegan told me: “I said to James ‘I don’t think I’ll be calling you in too often to say you’re not playing.’

“I just felt we had to try something different. I just felt that was the best way to go to give Emre a chance.

“I also knew Joey Barton would cover that side (on the right wing) a little bit.

“It was just one of those things that you look at and think how do we just change things a little bit? How can we get a result?

“James was unfortunately the one to make way, and I said to him it’s no reflection on how he’s played. He has played every game.

“The sad thing is that he’ll go away and play for the under-21s now, and in some ways that was in my mind as well.

“I know Stuart Pearce will play him. He’ll rest him in the next one, but play him in this one.

“He needs resting. He’s played nearly every minute of every game, and I think Charles N’Zogbia has as well.

“That’s more due to the injuries we’ve had, and the size of the squad.”

Meanwhile, Jose Enrique and Charles N’Zogbia will be in opposition tomorrow night when Spain entertain France in an under-21 fixture at Benidorm.

Enrique has been called up by Spain even though he has been suffering from a bit of calf trouble lately.

:: UNITED have parted company with Mark Taylor, Sam Allardyce’s Head of Sports Science, and also one of their masseurs and video operators.

What the hell is the club playing at?  Relegation is a certainty now, what a cock-up.

Guest efullerton

Milner's performance for the under 21s was something special apparently. I did not see the game but did see the goal highlights and it appeared that he was playing in a central midfield role. This would seem to lend credence to some member's assertion that he should be deployed there for us.

Milner's performance for the under 21s was something special apparently. I did not see the game but did see the goal highlights and it appeared that he was playing in a central midfield role. This would seem to lend credence to some member's assertion that he should be deployed there for us.

He played on the right of a front three, did nothing really until Ireland started to push on and leave gaps then he had an impact..

He played on the left in the first half if i recall correctly...had a stinging shot saved well too...

He looked very good to be honest, and I thoguht taylor played very well too...

on a side note, huddlestone has a nice array of passes...

sell him.

In today's prices, i'd let him go for nowt less than £6m. He's not brilliant but he does have potential, he's a young English talent aswell who could very easily make into the full squad (imo) if he were to up his game a bit more.

Plus, we still need him really, so i wouldn't want to be letting him go on the cheap.

Milner is an easy target and has been getting stick undeservedly in my opinion.  There is a list as long as my arm of candidates who do deserve the stick, not least the lazy overpaid strike pairing of Owen & Viduka.  If those two lazy c**** put in half as much effort as Milner, we wouldn't need to pick faults with those who do bother to try.  I wont even get started on Duff, Barton, Geremi & Smith as I cant be bothered to waste my time.

As for the U21's he started on the left and switched to the right.  He was good imo, got 2 goals and was man of the match, but hey, maybe he was s***!