How long can Sam paper over the cracks?

Decky

I don't understand.

You're on, what, 26 points and all is doom, the manager must go.

Yet Villa are only on 3 more, Blackburn 1 more and Everton and Portsmouth 4 more, and they're all supposed to be having good seasons. So how does that work then?

I appreciate the football might be poor to watch, and I also appreciate that you've had several games where you were - imho - very lucky to get what you did, but one thing you can't argue with is the fact that you're in a pretty solid position in the table and only 4 points off a European place. Surely the time to worry is when you are playing shite and NOT getting points.

I think the problem is that a lot of people here were coming up with wildly optimistic predictions at the start of the season - top four, top five, neither of which were ever going to happen .

If the club was as fucked up as you (almost) all said it was under FFS, how can you expect it to get righted almost immediately?

:clap::clap::clap:

Nail on the head as alway Brummie.

I don't understand.

Yet Villa are only on 3 more, Blackburn 1 more and Everton and Portsmouth 4 more, and they're all supposed to be having good seasons. So how does that work then?

I appreciate the football might be poor to watch, and I also appreciate that you've had several games where you were - imho - very lucky to get what you did, but one thing you can't argue with is the fact that you're in a pretty solid position in the table and only 4 points off a European place. Surely the time to worry is when you are playing s**** and NOT getting points.

I think the problem is that a lot of people here were coming up with wildly optimistic predictions at the start of the season - top four, top five, neither of which were ever going to happen .

If the club was as f***** up as you (almost) all said it was under FFS, how can you expect it to get righted almost immediately?

the problem is our club should be better than your club....

I don't understand.

I appreciate the football might be poor to watch, and I also appreciate that you've had several games where you were - imho - very lucky to get what you did, but one thing you can't argue with is the fact that you're in a pretty solid position in the table and only 4 points off a European place. Surely the time to worry is when you are playing s**** and NOT getting points.

If the club was as f***** up as you (almost) all said it was under FFS, how can you expect it to get righted almost immediately?

No other team will lose to Derby all season. That in itself is hugely distressing.

You really think there is no chance they'll win another game this season?  What an absolute load of rubbish.

I don't understand.

No other team will lose to Derby all season. That in itself is hugely distressing.

You really think there is no chance they'll win another game this season?  What an absolute load of rubbish.

I don't see how they're going to win another game. They are the worst team I've seen in the Premiership.

I don't understand.

I don't see how they're going to win another game. They are the worst team I've seen in the Premiership.

There's a better than average chance they'll prove you wrong.  Did you miss sunderland's two record breaking seasons?

I don't understand.

:lol:

I actually agree with this :D

Guest Knightrider

I don't understand.

I appreciate the football might be poor to watch, and I also appreciate that you've had several games where you were - imho - very lucky to get what you did, but one thing you can't argue with is the fact that you're in a pretty solid position in the table and only 4 points off a European place. Surely the time to worry is when you are playing shite and NOT getting points.

If the club was as fucked up as you (almost) all said it was under FFS, how can you expect it to get righted almost immediately?

I don't understand.

There's a better than average chance they'll prove you wrong.  Did you miss sunderland's two record breaking seasons?

They are a far worse team than those two Mackem sides. That Sunderland team at least scored goals. It hurts me to think that we've given Derby more than half their points this season and probably half the goals they've scored too.

I don't understand.

They are a far worse team than those two Mackem sides. That Sunderland team at least scored goals. It hurts me to think that we've given Derby more than half their points this season and probably half the goals they've scored too.

Its impossible for them to be far worse than the worst team ever :lol:

I don't understand.

Its impossible for them to be far worse than the worst team ever :lol:

With half the season gone they're already well on course to do so. Don't get me wrong, I do hope they beat someone else so that our loss to them is less embarassing.

I don't understand.

lol  :laugh:

I don't understand.

The angst is borne, for me, out of negatives being so glaringly remediable.

I don't understand.

lol  :laugh:

I don't know if he's taking the piss or on the level, or if the replies are taking the piss. Or on the level.

*shrug*

brummie has it spot on really, but it is very frustrating to support the team at the moment. the football is horrible and not even effective. with the players we have to could simplify some things, put players in their proper positions and so on, and i'm sure we'd get better results. but i think Allardyce is trying to condition the club to his way of thinking/working and drill in his football philosophy. i said it a few weeks back but i think allardyce would prefer to persevere with what he is doing at the moment in the hope that it'll pay off in the future, as it did at Bolton, than to change the system to suit the players and get short-term results.

it is a bit of a balancing act as Sam needs a few seasons to fully implement his strategy at this club but to get those few seasons he will have to improve in the short to medium term. people have said Allardyce needs time to adapt, but he's not going to change, if anything, it is the club that needs time to adapt to allardyce and he'll be working hard to make sure it does.

I don't understand.

Excellent post Brummie.

The level of expectation is high but the reality is that it's the first season for;-

- The Manager

- The Chairman

- The Owner

- Half the first team

We must accept that this is a transition season and, whilst it is gutting to lose to shite sides like Derby, we've got to be prepared to look at the bigger picture and accept there'll be disappointments along the way.

Hey ho.

Lets keep our heads up.

I don't understand.

great post, however what most people are worked up about is IF we had picked up points in places where we should have we would be right up there, really we should have had 4points off Derby, 1min home to Portsmouth 3 at boro etc etc...i suppose every team could say that but we really have chucked points away this season at silly places.

I've already nailed my colours to the mast. For me, we just need to get this season out the way: it's not going to be fun, tbh, and ST holders are probably pissed off with the lack of entertainment, but let's try to keep cool heads and see where we are come summer.

I've already nailed my colours to the mast. For me, we just need to get this season out the way: it's not going to be fun, tbh, and ST holders are probably pissed off with the lack of entertainment, but let's try to keep cool heads and see where we are come summer.

My thoughts exactly Keefo.

It isn't gonna be pretty, possibly at any stage under BS BUT, I still firmly believe we'll be a better club, on and off the field, as a result of his tenure.

It's been a while since I've had that confidence in any one individual.

didnt sam say he would be around 9th place this season? and then build up a team he wants to play? you know, we are acually quite on scheduele (even better if we can beat any of the big4) i said beforehand id be happy with 9th even a 10th...'

come on guys,he took over a massive shit team, thats in debt, had lots of cheap replacements and the guys are setteling. mind, the players he have bought for high sums barton, enrique and smith havent performed over all expectations but its usual for a manager to have a missbuy or two... (however i feel like its only rozhendal who are playing well below average at the moment) 

he didnt say hell come at 5th... give him a break! however much you guys want it, we will not be there this season unless ashley gives us a billion too buy players for!

im still very optimistic about sam, ill give him time....

I don't understand.

Thats why this lad got my vote for best opposing fan.

100% sense.

Agree with what Brummie is saying, but the upcoming fixture list is very, very difficult for the rest of the season and I hope people will be patient enough if things take a fair turn for the worse, which is still entirely possible. As long as we don't get pulled into a relegation fight, I'm happy enough to write the season off in terms of where we finish and try to get things right for next a year. I just hope we start to get some consistency in our play going, hopefully get a cup run going but very little chance of us winning it.

We need a couple of top class additions, but I feel we should have a solid enough base being built this season throughout the club in general. With so many changes throughout the club I think we should be content to let all the new men in charge take a bit of time to get settled and try and get things going where they want them. As long as we're not being threatened by relegation, I don't see any sense in upheaving things with our manager.

If we're still playing like this in a years time, then Allardyce should be under severe scrutiny, but I would expect we won't be if we give him time.

Brummie, Johnnypd, Shak all talking a lot of sense here. What will we achieve by sacking Allardyce and potentially having to replace a whole backroom staff? How can it be good for the players?

Finishing top 10 this season will be fine, if we sneak into Europe via whatever measures then that's a bonus.

His second season will be the one to judge him by more than any, especially if he gets more money next summer.