Alan Smith

tmonkey

I thought he was pretty good for the first half of last season when we were insistent on playing for narrow victories. He pretty much became surplus though for the second half of the season when we realised we were actually too good for most of the teams in the division and started rolling them over.

He's never been 'pretty good' at any stage of his NUFC career. His contribution ranges from shite to absolute fucking holocaust.

Sorry you must have misread the "I thought" part of my statement.

• 3 months later...
Guest TheSummerOf69

Did Smith go to the US?

A year left on his contract. Told to find a new club. No-one interested, except maybe Leeds if we pay most of his wages.

If we are stuck with him, do we name him in the 25 man squad (probably as a reserve for Tiote), or do we leave him out? If the latter then we may as well send him to Leeds and save a bit of the cash?

We're almost certainly be stuck with this fucking liability for the remainder of his contract here. I worry that he's going to given the green light to cover for Tiote whilst he goes to ACN.

Guest TurboTrev

He cost/is costing us a ridiculous amount of money, however, my opinion is that he does an adequate job as a defensive midfielder and he was doing okay just before we signed Tiote.  I also thought he did better than most when we played Darlo the other night. He won tackles, rarely gave the ball away, was always available for a pass and worked hard to link defence to attack.

We're almost certainly be stuck with this fucking liability for the remainder of his time here. I worry that he's going to given the green light to cover for Tiote whilst he goes to ACN.

On the other hand, when he finally leaves, he almost certainly won't be at the club anymore.

He cost/is costing us a ridiculous amount of money, however, my opinion is that he does an adequate job as a defensive midfielder and he was doing okay just before we signed Tiote.  I also thought he did better than most when we played Darlo the other night. He won tackles, rarely gave the ball away, was always available for a pass and worked hard to link defence to attack.

Alan?

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He cost/is costing us a ridiculous amount of money, however, my opinion is that he does an adequate job as a defensive midfielder and he was doing okay just before we signed Tiote.  I also thought he did better than most when we played Darlo the other night. He won tackles, rarely gave the ball away, was always available for a pass and worked hard to link defence to attack.

He's useless. "An adequate job" is Danny Guthrie. Smith is just about a Championship player.

He's absolutely shambolic. He makes up for his the fact he's awful at reading the game by diving in like a lunatic. Butt was doing the same when his legs were totally shot. Just wish he'd move on. I can't see us winning a single game with him playing CM unless the opposition have six men.

Jesus.

OMG, totally beggars belief that statement.

He is a below average player, I reckon if he could be trained to curb his diving in he might improve to just about average.

We aren't going to be able to shift him, we've already paid most of his contract, so we just have to wait it out.

He is a below average player, I reckon if he could be trained to curb his diving in he might improve to just about average.

We aren't going to be able to shift him, we've already paid most of his contract, so we just have to wait it out.

Average footballers can pass the ball, man. What a load of nonsense.

Average footballers can pass the ball, man. What a load of nonsense.

Maybe I was being a bit generous.

He was absolutely miserable against Blackpool, which was why Tiote came into the side. His performance that afternoon was unforgivable.

It'll be a sad sight if he even pulls the shirt on for us this year. £60k a week for a 5th choice (at best) CM is criminal. Especially one as fucking dreadful as him.

He looked alright for the first few games of the 2009/2010 season, before he got injured again. That was mainly because he was closer to his level in the championship. He has never been much more than a liability for us other than that unfortunately. Good comparison to a aged Nicky Butt, both should have been put down much earlier. Cruel seeing them in so much pain.

He cost/is costing us a ridiculous amount of money, however, my opinion is that he does an adequate job as a defensive midfielder and he was doing okay just before we signed Tiote.  I also thought he did better than most when we played Darlo the other night. He won tackles, rarely gave the ball away, was always available for a pass and worked hard to link defence to attack.

Jesus Christ. He's the biggest pile of shite in the Premier League and I never want to see him stink the shirt out ever again.

As a person I don't have a problem with him at all. He always seems to be trying his best, he's just not very good. Bet he works hard in training as well.

This.

Did his influence not play a big part in our promotion, also.?