Alan Smith

tmonkey

We had this out with the fan boys earlier in the season, what does he offer the team when we're on the attack pushing for a goal? From what I've seen so far I'd say f*** all is a reasonable answer.

Seem to have gone a bit quiet mate, still waiting for one of them to pop up with the old "not all forwards are there to score goals you know, so clueless etc etc....".

The best was accusing anyone who thought Smith was shit of having negative bias, which was also used during Bowyer's shit 3 years here, an arguement which made no sense since everyone loved Woodgate when he was with us (something to do with him actually being a good player).

At one point yesterday we were on the attack & instead of  running into space, he ran to where Samba was.

i've made that exact point a few times before, instead of moving into dangerous positions, ie away from defenders into space, he'll actually follow the centre-half as if HE is marking them, and not the other way round, and would rather get into a tussle than do something productive or intelligent.

Guest Erich von Manstein

At one point yesterday we were on the attack & instead of  running into space, he ran to where Samba was.

eee, the little bastard.

During the week Keegan was quoted as saying something abotu Smith and his committment, battling etc.

Frankly, Smith is an absolute crock of shit, and he can fuck off. And, to be honest, any manager who insists on picking him despite seeing him play is a fucking idiot.

During the week Keegan was quoted as saying something abotu Smith and his committment, battling etc.

Frankly, Smith is an absolute crock of shit, and he can fuck off. And, to be honest, any manager who insists on picking him despite seeing him play is a fucking idiot.

Aye.

I wonder how many people would see KK walk if he were to stick to playing Smith every game next season.

I know i'd rather he'd leave the club as i simply couldn't trust his judgement.

Hopefully its just keeping an 'asset'  :rolleyes: sellable until the summer.

Aye.

I wonder how many people would see KK walk if he were to stick to playing Smith every game next season.

If he continues to play him, for me it'll just be yet more evidence that he should never have come back, and that his "success" with us and citeh was luck, and that his other bad managerial performances were the real KK.

Can't see how playng Smith makes him saleable - surely his value is plummeting every time the likes of he and BArton play??

Aye.

If he continues to play him, for me it'll just be yet more evidence that he should never have come back, and that his "success" with us and citeh was luck, and that his other bad managerial performances were the real KK.

Can't see how playng Smith makes him saleable - surely his value is plummeting every time the likes of he and BArton play??

Honestly go ask god why but people still rate him outside of the club.

I think its the worker attitude, managers and fans love it, they see it and think wow, what a fuking worker even though they are doing shit he never stops. They fail to realise its partly because of him were playing so shit and go away with the opinion that he's half decent.

His mental approach to the game will see us recoup every penny we paid for him in the summer, i have no doubt. (that's if we want to sell him)

Aye.

I think its the worker attitude, managers and fans love it, they see it and think wow, what a fuking worker even though they are doing shit he never stops. They fail to realise its partly because of him were playing so shit and go away with the opinion that he's half decent.

His mental approach to the game will see us recoup every penny we paid for him in the summer, i have no doubt. (that's if we want to sell him)

If we don't get rid of him, Keegan is a cunt, i honestly think that. He's not even good enough to be a squad player (you need players on the bench who can DO something when they come on).

I pity the next club who sign him. If e got £3m back, we'd still be robbing someone.

Aye.

If we don't get rid of him, Keegan is a cunt, i honestly think that. He's not even good enough to be a squad player (you need players on the bench who can DO something when they come on).

I pity the next club who sign him. If e got £3m back, we'd still be robbing someone.

Total agreement.

If Smith is a starter next season KK can fuk off.

Sorry about this fellas, but i have nowhere else to vent my anger.

Keegan has had 7 games - 5 of which we've lost and 2 of which we've drawn. No wins in 7 games with Alan Smith up front. In that time we've scored 3 goals.

Smith has scored 0 and created 0 yet he still gets picked ahead of Martins, Viduka, Ameobi and Carroll.

I'm fucking seething about this useless cunt being in the starting 11 week after week when we have much more capable alternatives on the bench. We're in a relegation scrap for fucks sake! We need fucking goals!

What the fuck is going on?! Does he really have this 'plays if fit' clause in his contract?

Keegan has had 7 games - 5 of which we've lost and 2 of which we've drawn. No wins in 7 games with Alan Smith up front. In that time we've scored 3 goals.

Smith has scored 0 and created 0 yet he still gets picked ahead of Martins, Viduka, Ameobi and Carroll.

I'm f****** seething about this useless c*** being in the starting 11 week after week when we have much more capable alternatives on the bench. We're in a relegation scrap for fucks sake! We need f****** goals!

What the f*** is going on?! Does he really have this 'plays if fit' clause in his contract?

Unfortunately mate KK does not look as though he's going to change his selection, it's the same old inept shit that are trotted out every week, no matter how much Barton or Butt concede possession and how much Smith continues to be Smith. There's no point in hoping for a change and, like you, I'm fuking seething at the prospect of seeing this twat

I think he will now play Owen and Martins so Smith will be in midfield for Barton or Butt if he is not fit. Barton as shite as he was created a few good chances for us against Blackburn so its a toss up between Smith or Barton in a CM role.

I think he will now play Owen and Martins so Smith will be in midfield for Barton or Butt if he is not fit. Barton as shite as he was created a few good chances for us against Blackburn so its a toss up between Smith or Barton in a CM role.

That's Barton's job, isn't it? How can you call him shite?

As ridiculous as the rumoured sounded, i more or less believe all this talk about the if fit you play contract, why else pick him all the time and say he is brilliant to the media? If KK plays the rest of the season starting Smith ahead of Martins i can see boos at SJP before its all said and done tbh, people wont sit back and just do nothing while watching us get relegated with Smith constantly starting.

I think he will now play Owen and Martins so Smith will be in midfield for Barton or Butt if he is not fit. Barton as s**** as he was created a few good chances for us against Blackburn so its a toss up between Smith or Barton in a CM role.

That's Barton's job, isn't it? How can you call him s****?

Thats the dilemma, he was shite, he got caught in possession loads, gave the ball away through very poor passing BUT he did show a bit of drive late on and also did put Owen in twice, so Smith or Barton in the middle?

I'm fucking seething about this useless cunt being in the starting 11 week after week when we have much more capable alternatives on the bench. We're in a relegation scrap for fucks sake! We need fucking goals!

What the fuck is going on?! Does he really have this 'plays if fit' clause in his contract?

while i feel your frustration at having to watch smith play in black n white,since kk came back, viduka's not been fit, martins was away and then had an ankle problem, ameobi's probably just as bad and carrol doesnt have the experience, the only one of those four i'd put in would be carrol but i can see why kk hasnt

while i feel your frustration at having to watch smith play in black n white,since kk came back, viduka's not been fit, martins was away and then had an ankle problem, ameobi's probably just as bad and carrol doesnt have the experience, the only one of those four i'd put in would be carrol but i can see why kk hasnt

Smith wont be dropped mate, i would rather him up front with either Martins or Owen than see KK do what he did the other day playing all three. That either means a rubbish 433 or worse, Smith in CM