Alan Smith

tmonkey

The point scoring does go too far on here at times, I'm as bad as anyone but it really does spoil the board.

Have you met Mr. Kettle?

I've said I'm as bad as anyone tbf.

That doesn't exonerate you mate ;)

Ever since the janitor went on holiday with him to florida, he's been bumming him. Even copied his hair, the big hom.

:laugh:

It's the other way round man. Just had the barnet sorted anyway, short back and sides.

A certain type on here seems to be the No 1 fan of Smith - you his dad, "Janitor" ? 100% effort means absolutely sweet FA if it isnt accompanied by a modicum of ability, or actually having a positive as opposed to negative effect on the teams performance

How many chances does he get FFS ??

Smith doesn't even come up to zero on that. He's been an absolute disaster (I hate to say I told you so - but I TOLD YOU SO)

More of a hindrance than a help, and I'd class Butt only fractionally ahead of him.

How man, spacker chops. You're making shite up again.

I don't want Alan Smith in the team for fuck's sake. All I ever asked was that the bloke was given a chance, and he has been, and Baggio has so far been proven to be absolutely correct about him.

Can't say fairer than that, surely?

I know it's wrong but there's a bastard in side of me that hopes he'll pick up some form of injury, not horrendous, just enough to keep him out for the rest of the season but serious enough so that it keeps recurring next season. He hasn't picked up a booking in a while which is annoying me.

I would seriously support the idea of booing him, just to get him out of the team. Words cannot convey how much I hate this man.

I know it's wrong but there's a bastard in side of me that hopes he'll pick up some form of injury, not horrendous, just enough to keep him out for the rest of the season but serious enough so that it keeps recurring next season. He hasn't picked up a booking in a while which is annoying me.

I would seriously support the idea of booing him, just to get him out of the team. Words cannot convey how much I hate this man.

This has annoyed me more than the fact we have lost the last 2, the fact that now Smith is one booking away from a ban, he has stopped getting booked.

Hasn't everyone's slate been wiped clean as of February at some point?

Please dont tell me that means he is no longer one booking away from a ban.

It might do. Could do with PM for some clarification really....

"Rumour has it" That in Smiths's contract.... that if he's fit he plays!!! ???

eh?  So if we don't play him (which we should) we're not technically honouring his contract?

So, if we don't do that, he becomes unhappy and will want to leave?

Sorted!!!

surely the most sensible option would be to take out a contract on HIM, thus rendering everything else null and void

eh?  So if we don't play him (which we should) we're not technically honouring his contract?

Sorted!!!

surely the most sensible option would be to take out a contract on HIM, thus rendering everything else null and void

nah, if we do that we can't recoup 10p and a half-sucked smartie back from someone gullible enough to buy him from the £6m we wasted on the bastard.

Sorted!!!

nah, if we do that we can't recoup 10p and a half-sucked smartie back from someone gullible enough to buy him from the £6m we wasted on the b******.

get haribo as a sponsor, problem solved

How did the joke that Smith must have it written into his contract that he plays every game suddenly become ITK information?

It's a load of bollocks.

it's actually the most reasonable explanantion

How did the joke that Smith must have it written into his contract that he plays every game suddenly become ITK information?

It's a load of bollocks.

Except he hasn't played every game when fit, as has been pointed out many a time. Reading away.

It's a load of bollocks.

Allardyce picked him because Smith was his buy. He paid £6m for him and if he'd have left him out, he'd have been accused of buying a dud.

Keegan picks him because he remembers the player he used to be at Leeds....if I'm being very harsh on the bloke.  :blush:

We all know that he's been a horrendous signing and we all know that he's nowhere near good enough in the long term... but, in our five remaining away fixtures, Martins and Smith would be my first choice partnership.

In Owen and Viduka we have two gifted players, undoubtedly the two most talented strikers at the club, but on the road they simply do not offer enough to the general play of a struggling side, and when the former is not even taking the chances given to him, he offers virtually nothing. I also think it would be comical to give Carroll his first Premier League start in a relegation '6-pointer', away from home, and expect him to make any kind of impact.

For all of his faults (notably appearing to have lost all of his striking instincts :lol:), Smith does bring certain qualities to the team. As i said in the match thread, he will defend from the front, he will make opposing defenders work and the fact that he constantly gets involved in the game means he offers more ball retention than any of the alternatives.

I could see any other combination of our strikers going missing for the 90 minutes against Birmingham and we cannot afford that at this stage.