Alan Smith

tmonkey

Why oh WHY is Smith playing instead of Carroll!!!!

Love Keegan for many things. But I really hate him with this one. Smith has been more than shit all season and Carroll is a coming man who has played well every time he has played and is therefore worth a chance.

It is just unbelievable that Smith is playing in front off him :rant:

Why oh WHY is Smith playing instead of Carroll!!!!

Love Keegan for many things. But I really hate him with this one. Smith has been more than s*** all season and Carroll is a coming man who has played well every time he has played and is therefore worth a chance.

It is just unbelievable that Smith is playing in front off him :rant:

With a bit of luck Keegan was letting him say goodbye to the fans.

Made me laugh seeing people advocating him being brought on for viduka at half time. I didn't laugh when i saw him on the touchine. Embarrassingly bad, him and his irish mate.

Viduka was awful too tbf, he just lumbered around up front without offering anything.

At least we know one position we definitely need to strengthen now as neither Smith or Viduka are good enough to start anymore.

viduka showed some class when he was actually on the ball, on more than one occasion feinting effectively or using a trick to win space. his movement was pap, as usual, but at least he kept the ball under control. Smith gave as bad a performance as i've seen this season, on par with Ameobi's away to Derby. it showed that we lacked someone to slow down the game upfield and hold on to the ball in the 2nd half. smith seemed to spend most of his time alongside Faye and Taylor. useless.

Guest DazzaNufc1892

Alan Smith - seems like a canny bloke; was once a promising footballer.

and your wrong on that point, total cock, trust me

Alan Smith - seems like a canny bloke; was once a promising footballer.

and your wrong on that point, total cock, trust me

Only have to look at his hair to see that.

Oh right I thought said loved cock...my bad.

Before I go any further lets not kid anyone atm the Big A.C as he likes to be known is SHITE!!!!

As for Alan Smith nobody doubts his effort  but if effort is all he brings there is pool of people from the  GEORDIE NATION who can do that. The bloke is fucking hopless, like most people you want him to do well but he is incaple of doing that. The sooner we are shot of him of the better

I saw in today papers Mascherano  is going to play for the Argie's at the Olympics, it wouldnt surprise me if Alan made team GB paralympics football team.

Smith is the least intelligent footballer I have ever seen.

He stands still when he should run, and he runs when he should stand still.

He harries when he shouldn't and when he should, he backs off.

He gives away free kicks that are more dangerous than the passage of play he is cynically trying to break up.

He gets sent off for dissent when the referee was in the right in the first place.

His flick-ons go away from his team mates.

He lets the ball run on to a team mate only when there are several opposition defenders with a better chance of intercepting the ball.

When he passes the ball, he just hits it as hard as he can at the nearest team mate, irrespective of good foot, bad foot, space, and direction of play.

Before I go any further lets not kid anyone atm the Big A.C as he likes to be known is s****!!!!

As for Alan Smith nobody doubts his effort  but if effort is all he brings there is pool of people from the  GEORDIE NATION who can do that. The bloke is f****** hopless, like most people you want him to do well but he is incaple of doing that. The sooner we are shot of him of the better

I saw in today papers Mascherano  is going to play for the Argie's at the Olympics, it wouldnt surprise me if Alan made team GB paralympics football team.

I can't see Smith making the GB paralympics football team, they'll have better.

Smith is the least intelligent footballer I have ever seen.

He stands still when he should run, and he runs when he should stand still.

He harries when he shouldn't and when he should, he backs off.

He gives away free kicks that are more dangerous than the passage of play he is cynically trying to break up.

He gets sent off for dissent when the referee was in the right in the first place.

His flick-ons go away from his team mates.

He lets the ball run on to a team mate only when there are several opposition defenders with a better chance of intercepting the ball.

When he passes the ball, he just hits it as hard as he can at the nearest team mate, irrespective of good foot, bad foot, space, and direction of play.

He'll prove you wrong when he gets a run up front.

This thing about Smith's effort is a myth btw. There's not one player who's seemingly disappeared entirely from the pitch more often than him this season. Frequently find myself actually physically looking for him, cos he's not involved. The guy hasn't a fucking clue.

Before I go any further lets not kid anyone atm the Big A.C as he likes to be known is s****!!!!

As for Alan Smith nobody doubts his effort  but if effort is all he brings there is pool of people from the  GEORDIE NATION who can do that. The bloke is f****** hopless, like most people you want him to do well but he is incaple of doing that. The sooner we are shot of him of the better

I can't see Smith making the GB paralympics football team, they'll have better.

You could be right as blind people will know how to find space.

Somehow, I keep fooling myself when Viduka looks his usual off-pace that "Smith might be a better option in this game". Took me about ten seconds to remember why I never think Smith should start the games though, today was one of the worst "performances" I've ever seen.

This thing about Smith's effort is a myth btw. There's not one player who's seemingly disappeared entirely from the pitch more often than him this season. Frequently find myself actually physically looking for him, cos he's not involved. The guy hasn't a fucking clue.

I've been saying this for a while though today was his worst effort yet in terms of...erm, effort. The amount of times he stood and watched while a Chelsea player got to the second ball ahead of him was disgraceful.

I've been saying this for a while though today was his worst effort yet in terms of...erm, effort. The amount of times he stood and watched while a Chelsea player got to the second ball ahead of him was disgraceful.

He did put efforts in in the early parts of the seasons, but he's never quite known when to run his bollock off and when to just go back and find his position again, which is why he's disappearing a lot.

Lately though, he hasn't shown anything. Other than being shit of course.

He'll be gone in the Summer anyway IMO.

Him and Duff are both away imo. As mentioned, Duff just stood with his hands on his hips and then trudged off. He knows his time has come because a real manager has seen right through him and some of the other imposters.

He'll be gone in the Summer anyway IMO.

Hopefully Duff will follow him out of the door too, although I wouldnt be suprised if both are still here next season as we'll no doubt have attracted these "top players" here with big wages, wages that probably wont be match by anyone who actually watches these players on a regular basis.

I think you can add Milner to that lot too, I can't see any of them staying just to sit on the bench, they don't seem like that sort of players.

Milner might have a future here though. Still young with the ability to produce end product at times. There are a few things in his games that are clear positives - not counting effort as one of them, as its pretty much the minimum you expect from all players bar those are genius' or insanely gifted. But with him, at least theres something to work with.

The others are shadows of what they were. Theyve devolved into the type of player who could play an entire season and not get an assist or a goal if luck doesnt help them out.

Emre and Carr need to follow them out of the door too. That's four players who could have been useful first teamer's if they were the players they were 4-5 years ago, instead theyre getting paid the wages that their old selves would expect in the current climate whilst being utterly useless at the same time.