Alan Smith

tmonkey

No club is more deserving of him. Perfect move

Indeed. Horrible "club."

Don't really know much about MK Dons why are they a "horrible" club?

Milton Keynes Dons were created on 21 June 2004 as the result of Wimbledon F.C.'s relocation from Selhurst Park south-east London (where they had shared a ground with Crystal Palace for many years) to the National Hockey Stadium in Milton Keynes nine months earlier. Wimbledon's spiritual home is Plough Lane in south-west London where they played from 1912 to 1991 but were forced to move out due to safety reasons and never managed to find a replacement home in south-west London until phoenix club AFC Wimbledon was formed.

Although the team originally claimed the history of Wimbledon F.C. as its own, it stopped doing so in 2007, in part to ensure the recognition of its supporters groups by the Football Supporters Federation, which had previously boycotted them. Despite remaining a legal continuation of the original Wimbledon club, MK Dons has maintained since 2007 that it is a new team, founded in 2004.

Milton Keynes, how apt. As much use in midfield as a concrete cow. I do feel for the locals though, mainly because they live in Milton Keynes.

What's wrong with Milton Keynes?

If you like characterless places with a million roundabouts, I'm sure it's lovely.

MK does boast the largest ASDA in europe though. He'll love that.

110,000 sq ft, over 50 tills at the front of the store alone, more distributed through out, 2000 shopping trolleys, 1000 car parking spaces, my word.

There's no argument on the internet as ridiculous as comparing being a multi-millionaire footballer to a normal job. Fair enough if you want to argue that you'd do the same in his position but don't bring normal jobs into it. He's getting paid more than any of us can dream of for playing a fucking game that a lot of us actually pay to play on a regular basis.

Guest thenorthumbrian

It seems like Smith has been with United for ever, how long has his contract left to run ?

As for the Milton Keynes Dons/Wimbledon thing goes I couldn't care less about Milton Keynes but I hated Wimbledon.

The club that gave the top flight long ball thuggery, a tatty non league ground and Vinny Jones, John Fashanu, and worst of all the horrible little weasel Denis Wise.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/27/article-2092876-0D6BE18200000578-994_468x286.jpg

Oh Christ! There's two!

Or

Two of them? Does that mean £120K a week?

Or

Disaster as NUFC cloning experiment found to have used the wrong player's DNA.

Hm, I doubt there are really two of them. It's probably just that the window there works like a mirror.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/01/27/article-2092876-0D6BE18200000578-994_468x286.jpg

Oh Christ! There's two!

Or

Two of them? Does that mean £120K a week?

Or

Disaster as NUFC cloning experiment found to have used the wrong player's DNA.

Hm, I doubt there are really two of them. It's probably just that the window there works like a mirror.

One looks like a pale imitation of Alan Smith, the other is a reflection.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/16780757.stm

Alan Smith is on the verge of signing on loan for League One Milton Keynes Dons, with an announcement expected in the next 24 hours, the BBC understands.

Injuries have forced the versatile 31-year-old down the pecking order at St James' Park and his five-year contract expires this summer.

Talks have been going on since Friday as the clubs strive to reach agreement before Tuesday's transfer deadline.

Smith has played 77 times since his £6m move from Manchester United in 2007.

He is one of the club's highest earners, collecting a reported £60,000 a week on Tyneside.

Reports suggest MK Dons will pay around £2,500 towards the former England international's wages, with Newcastle continuing to pay the rest.

Both clubs are officially not commenting on the proposed transfer.