OK it was a poor performance and result BUT

stozo

Were still 9th. It's a long season and 1 game won't decide it. Sam doesn't play attractive football but so far were doin OK.

It's a rebuilding effort and we can't expect champagne football and great results straight away.

Still 9th with probably the most difficult 19 last games of all the teams in the league.

Chelsea twice, Man U twice then Tottenham, Everton, Portsmouth, Aston Villa, Arsenal, Liverpool and West Ham  all away

OMG!!11 :yikes:

OP said 3 points won't decide it. I beg to differ. Look at the relegation battles from the last few seasons. Hopefully it won't come to that though...

so being 12 points infront of sunderland who are in 18th means that we are likely to be drawn into a relegation battle?

dropping 2 points may make the difference between us getting a european place this season but it wont see us drawn into anything at the bottle luckily for us this season there are plenty of poor teams struggling for points allowing us to make this type of fuck up and get away with it.

Guest shaun11177

Not worried by relegation if we are10th after the way we have played this season then there are some terrible teams in this league.

Were still 9th. It's a long season and 1 game won't decide it. Sam doesn't play attractive football but so far were doin OK.

It's a rebuilding effort and we can't expect champagne football and great results straight away.

No one expects champagne football from the off, but the points we are dropping to Premier league whipping boys aren't going to be made up against better teams. 9th is probably as high in the league we will be from here on to the end of the season.

3 points is the least we should expect against a team who are the whipping boys of this division and imho am fookin sick of  watching shit like today and cannot see fat sams players taking us to a higher level.

3 points is the least we should expect against a team who are the whipping boys of this division and imho am fookin sick of  watching s*** like today and cannot see fat sams players taking us to a higher level.

i can, with decent tactics

Guest WashyGeordie

There can be no 'buts' after just about salvaging a home draw against Derby.

They have won more than half their points against us.  It is unacceptable. 

If you think we are ok you need to pull your head out.

So sitting 9th in the league with 26 points isn't OK?

I'd hate to imagine opinions if we still had Shepherd (& Roeder) in charge of this FC. Jesus.

So sitting 9th in the league with 26 points isn't OK?

I'd hate to imagine opinions if we still had Shepherd (& Roeder) in charge of this FC. Jesus.

Saying Allardyce is a better manager than Roeder/Souness isn't a compliment. It's like comparing someone's generosity with Adolf Hitler's.

Of course 9th place is a good start. But we've ridden our luck to get here, especially over the last few games. We've picked up 7 out of 9 when in reality, without luck we'd have taken 2/3 points instead.

Allardyce isn't playing attacking football. That doesn't bother me as long as he plays winning football, but he doesn't seem to be able to do that either. There's no point in playing defensive football if you're gonna be bad at it. What's the point of setting up camp and bullying your opposition away from home if you're going to come away without any points?

People aren't opposed to 'Sam Allardyce football', they're only opposed to the fact that it hasn't worked thus far.

glancing over the remaining fixtures, i can only see about 17 more points - giving 43 - same as roeder last year.

I think its hard to predict as Newcastle are too unpredictable. We draw today with many expecting a win and draw with Arsenal with many expecting defeat. We're likely to beat Man United away and then lose to Sunderland at home!

glancing over the remaining fixtures, i can only see about 17 more points - giving 43 - same as roeder last year.

I think its hard to predict as Newcastle are too unpredictable. We draw today with many expecting a win and draw with Arsenal with many expecting defeat. We're likely to beat Man United away and then lose to Sunderland at home!

:kasper: