The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

And no I'm not turning into Martin Jol...Former City player/director Dennis Tueart's son is a bit more liberal with his keyboard than he should be and let it slip last week 

Another one of our products that slipped by :-[

City being linked with Alves, Podolski and Fred in the papers.

I'd love it if one day we were linked with such players. Sigh.

I heard that Podolski is coming on loan...he hardly gets a kick at Bayern and they trying to sign some guy called Pandev, he's got the hump cos he wants to play, we made a bid but they are relectant to let him go cos he has some ability, so he's coming here on loan...

And no I'm not turning into Martin Jol...Former City player/director Dennis Tueart's son is a bit more liberal with his keyboard than he should be and let it slip last week  :-X

I make no guarantees to the accuracy of any of the above. Its just what I read. But he's the one everyone reckons is coming. Can't say I'm a particularly big fan from what I've seen tbh.

PS. re: Chimbonda. Some Papers reckon we're going to buy him for £8m. Some reckon £10m. They don't half print some s**** at this time of year. :iamatwat:

Heard the same as you

Podolski on loan permanent at end of season

Derby making moves, probably making one or two on here jealous...

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1765_3026972,00.html

Robert set to sign up for Rams

Derby boss Paul Jewell is set to sign Laurent Robert as he rebuilds his Rams squad after the 2-2 FA Cup draw with Sheffield Wednesday.

Former Newcastle and Portsmouth left-winger Robert is likely to sign a short-term contract until the end of the season as Jewell plots a future for the club.

Argentinian striker Emanuel Villa was paraded prior to Sunday's 2-2 FA Cup third-round draw with Sheffield Wednesday, a game in which Danny Mills made his debut after joining on loan until the end of the season from Manchester City.

If Derby can agree a fee with Blackburn for Robbie Savage and sort out a work permit for out-of-favour Spurs defender Hossam Ghaly, Jewell will have brought in five players in quick succession.

Robert, though, is likely to be the next through the door after impressing during a trial over the last few days.

"He's done exceptionally well in training, and hopefully he will be a Derby player on Tuesday," confirmed Jewell.

"I would think he will be on a short-term contract to the end of the season, but I don't want to say too much until it's done and dusted."

I heard that Podolski is coming on loan...he hardly gets a kick at Bayern and they trying to sign some guy called Pandev, he's got the hump cos he wants to play, we made a bid but they are relectant to let him go cos he has some ability, so he's coming here on loan...

And no I'm not turning into Martin Jol...Former City player/director Dennis Tueart's son is a bit more liberal with his keyboard than he should be and let it slip last week  :-X

I make no guarantees to the accuracy of any of the above. Its just what I read. But he's the one everyone reckons is coming. Can't say I'm a particularly big fan from what I've seen tbh.

PS. re: Chimbonda. Some Papers reckon we're going to buy him for £8m. Some reckon £10m. They don't half print some shite at this time of year. :iamatwat:

Poldolski is good you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Guest kingdawson

PS. re: Chimbonda. Some Papers reckon we're going to buy him for £8m. Some reckon £10m. They don't half print some s**** at this time of year. :iamatwat:

Thanks for that mate. Pandev was the guy i was sure was going to replace Berbatov if he leaves. This transfer window keeps getting better and better :frantic: :rolleyes:.

Poldolski is good you'll be pleasantly surprised

You got tournament fever in 2006 didn't you. Klinsi & now Podolski

He has done very little for Bayern. Great for the national team though, the German Micaheal Owen?

Radio Clyde are saying Hutton has rejected Spurs' offer apparently

by the way, did Martin Jol call this transfer? Not that I remember. :lol:

No, I had no idea he was an option.  Apparently he hasasked for 2 or 3 days to think about it as his wife is pregnant, he is keen but she less so.  Of course, the quicker answer to the situation is Fergie is getting a nudge to make a bid.

One I did call was Diego, German media are apparently reporting that we've made a bid of £13m.  If that is true, I think the price might have be upped a bit!

Of course he couldn't of just rejected the move as he wanted a bigger club than yourselves or just to stay at the club he loves, it had to be the his wife said no.  :laugh:

In spite of Walter Smith said, I've been told that Hutton moving to Spurs is still better than 50/50.

You heard anything on the Ben Haim to Spurs for £8m stories then, Martin?

Absolutely nothing.

Jarque is the CB whose name I hear the most, Maduro has cropped up a few times from different people but he's more defensive MF than CB, although comfortable there.  Ajax won't let both Maduro and Emanuelson go in the same window.  Emanuelson is keen on the move, Spurs have had a bid turned down and Ajax say Maduro will go before Emanuelson (more money).  Can't say I'm not confident any of them will make the move this window.

Still no official word from Spurs that they have signed Chris Gunter from Cardiff, but he did feature on the official site on Friday when they did pics of the first team squad training!!

Absolutely nothing.

Jarque is the CB whose name I hear the most, Maduro has cropped up a few times from different people but he's more defensive MF than CB, although comfortable there.  Ajax won't let both Maduro and Emanuelson go in the same window.  Emanuelson is keen on the move, Spurs have had a bid turned down and Ajax say Maduro will go before Emanuelson (more money).  Can't say I'm not confident any of them will make the move this window.

Still no official word from Spurs that they have signed Chris Gunter from Cardiff, but he did feature on the official site on Friday when they did pics of the first team squad training!!

Use are back in for Hutton as well arent you??

Absolutely nothing.

Spurs (allegedly) making more bids for players in a window than the rest of the Premiership put together shocker.

Of course he's heard nowt about an £8m bid, no way does that look good for Spurs, it cannot be happening. Now if it were for free and Chelsea were to give them £5m, then the deal would be on.

Guest LucaAltieri

Italian press are saying Mellberg has agreed to sign for Juventus from Villa in the summer.

Has that been confirmed?

Italian press are saying Mellberg has agreed to sign for Juventus from Villa in the summer.

Has that been confirmed?

Dunno, he'd obviously had to turn down a move to Spurs first because they weren't prepared to pay him what he demanded, although he really wanted the move and Juve is his second choice but his wife demands more shiny jewellery or she's leaving him.

Man City after Mancini from Roma

He would do brilliantly for them and if they were to get Podolski they would be definite contenders for top four

If you believe everything you read in the papers our reserves could be contenders for the top 4 by february 1st.

Frankly, its a little silly. We even rejected Ronaldinho according to the Independent. :idiot2:

Latest one I read is that we're going to sign Nashat Akram from Iraq. Funneh name but I doubt he's any good at all. Probably an attempt to crack the lucrative middle east market. Or bollox. ???

He would do brilliantly for them and if they were to get Podolski they would be definite contenders for top four

If you believe everything you read in the papers our reserves could be contenders for the top 4 by february 1st.

Frankly, its a little silly. We even rejected Ronaldinho according to the Independent. :idiot2:

Latest one I read is that we're going to sign Nashat Akram from Iraq. Funneh name but I doubt he's any good at all. Probably an attempt to crack the lucrative middle east market. Or bollox. ???

I presume he  is the same Iraqi who turned down Sunderland in the summer afterbeing their best player when they won the Asia Cup. Might be alright.

Podolski has been a complete flop at Bayern Munich. His time there has been riddled with injuries and he's scored only 4 goals since the start of last season. Sure, he's full of promise but he's hardly the reliable 15-20 goals a season striker that City need to be in the top 6 consistently.

Italian press are saying Mellberg has agreed to sign for Juventus from Villa in the summer

Is he out of contract in the summer? I am sure I herd that Martin Laursen was.

BRUMMIE COME IN,BRUMMIE COME IN, COME IN BRUMMIE

Italian press are saying Mellberg has agreed to sign for Juventus from Villa in the summer

Is he out of contract in the summer? I am sure I herd that Martin Laursen was.

BRUMMIE COME IN,BRUMMIE COME IN, COME IN BRUMMIE

Yes, Mellberg is out of contract in the summer, as is Laursen.