The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Pompey accept 2 bids from unamed prem clubs for Matt Tyalor

People over at the spurs site are claiming its us. If this happens, ill be the most unhappiest ive ever been regarding spurs transfers since the time we were linked with Alan f****** Smith.

Unhappy about Matt Taylor?

Save your tears mate. You'll be able to put them to much better use when Harry Kewell signs.

He's a right back, no?

Was under the impression they needed one of those.

People over at the spurs site are claiming its us. If this happens, ill be the most unhappiest ive ever been regarding spurs transfers since the time we were linked with Alan f****** Smith.

Save your tears mate. You'll be able to put them to much better use when Harry Kewell signs.

He's a right back, no?

Taylor plays left-back/left-wing.

Guest kingdawson

He's a right back, no?

taylor plays left mid but can play left back. Actally he's naturally a left wing back but no one plays that system no more.

Kaka you chat shit mate O0

He's a right back, no?

taylor plays left mid but can play left back. Actally he's naturally a left wing back but no one plays that system no more.

Kaka you chat s*** mate O0

Ah, thought he was a RB/RM.

I suppose you could use a LM, although you could probably do better. And he'd also make your fifth LB.

Guest kingdawson

He's a right back, no?

I suppose you could use a LM, although you could probably do better. And he'd also make your fifth LB.

Yeh an LM would be nice BUT i'd rather we strengthen other areas ahead of that (defensive mid, centre back, goalkeeper in that order)

He's a right back, no?

You are thinking of the wigan player.

Guest kingdawson

Players that may well leave us this transfer window include..................

Gardner, Chimbonda(god knows why), Routledge, Ghaly, Berbatov and Defoe (dont think the last 2 will tbh)

Gardner, Chimbonda(god knows why), Routledge, Ghaly, Berbatov and Defoe (dont think the last 2 will tbh)

Defoe seems to have been doing well as a sub since Ramos took over, looks sharp

Looks like Fernandes is defo coming btw, quotes from both clubs in the Portuguese and Spanish press :)

Guest kingdawson

Looks like Fernandes is defo coming btw, quotes from both clubs in the Portuguese and Spanish press :)

Yeh he's looking sharp. Tbh he hasnt really looked that good BUT he's regularly scoring goals so i cant really complain :thup:.

:( Fernandes is an excellent prospect, that would be a brilliant signing for your lot.

Sunderland have revealed that former Manchester United player Quinton Fortune is having a trial at the club.

The 30-year-old South African, who was released by Bolton in the summer, has been training with them for a month.

"He's building up his fitness after an operation, but there'll be more news on that over the weekend," manager Roy Keane told the club website.

Would anybody take Isaksson btw?

(Sorry if i'm treading on covered grounds, i cba sifting through 9 pages)

Not exactly a position we are short of at the moment. He would only go somewhere where he is virtually guaranteed to be first choice.

Lassana Diarra expects to be allowed to leave Arsenal before the end of the month. The France international is unhappy with his lack of opportunities since moving from Chelsea for a surprisingly low initial fee of £1.5m in the summer. Diarra believes he has successfully petitioned Arsene Wenger for a transfer and his agent is in talks with Newcastle, Portsmouth, Aston Villa and Man City. City are believed to be favourites for his signature.

One time toon target Cho Jae-Jin is linked with Pompey.

"I am shocked that the club have made offers for two right-backs," Chimbonda told skysports.com

"I realise they have signed an exciting new defender in Gunter and also made a bid for Alan Hutton.

"I am essentially a right-back and although I don't mind playing in central defence to help out my team my proper position is right back.

"When I asked why the club had signed a new right-back and moved for another one I was told they wanted me to play in central defence and I just laughed."

:lol:

City being linked with Alves, Podolski and Fred in the papers.

I'd love it if one day we were linked with such players. Sigh.

I heard that Podolski is coming on loan...he hardly gets a kick at Bayern and they trying to sign some guy called Pandev, he's got the hump cos he wants to play, we made a bid but they are relectant to let him go cos he has some ability, so he's coming here on loan...

And no I'm not turning into Martin Jol...Former City player/director Dennis Tueart's son is a bit more liberal with his keyboard than he should be and let it slip last week  :-X

I make no guarantees to the accuracy of any of the above. Its just what I read. But he's the one everyone reckons is coming. Can't say I'm a particularly big fan from what I've seen tbh.

PS. re: Chimbonda. Some Papers reckon we're going to buy him for £8m. Some reckon £10m. They don't half print some shite at this time of year. :iamatwat: