The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Wayne Bridge to Liverpool for £6 million according to tomorrows Times.

If we don't go for Riise we are mental.

Just what we need, a defender than cannot defend.

Better defender than N'Zogbia though right?

Right now we don't have too many other choices as Sam is obviously going to be looking for prem experience.

Is he? I'd say he's more experienced, give Zoggy 2 more years at LB and he'll eclipse anything Riise can do currently.

Nothing player in terms of defending, great in a certain formation, i personally wouldn't touch him, not after spend a silly amount on Enrique, i'd rather tough it out with him and break the fuker into the league whether he likes is or not.

Wayne Bridge to Liverpool for £6 million according to tomorrows Times.

If we don't go for Riise we are mental.

Just what we need, a defender than cannot defend.

Better defender than N'Zogbia though right?

Right now we don't have too many other choices as Sam is obviously going to be looking for prem experience.

Is he? I'd say he's more experienced, give Zoggy 2 more years at LB and he'll eclipse anything Riise can do currently.

Nothing player in terms of defending, great in a certain formation, i personally wouldn't touch him, not after spend a silly amount on Enrique, i'd rather tough it out with him and break the fuker into the league whether he likes is or not.

Fair enough.

We don't have 2 years though. Riise will also be dead cheap as his current contract is about to expire I believe.

I really don't recall him being as bad as you say though. Would improve our attacking play somewhat too.

I think we need to go for berba. The reason that we are not top 4 or 5 anymore like we were in the 90s is because our squad isn't good enough. It is full of subs of the top 4 (or other good teams)  or players who didn't make the cut there. (Emre - Inter, Parker before and Geremi and Duff - Chelsea, Smith ManUre etc. etc) When we bought Shearer he was one of the best if not the best striker in the world. If we want out previous placements back we need to buy players of quality such as berbatov.

Honest question. Does anyone really, seriously think there is any chance Berbatov will sign for Newcastle? Given what he has said (his agent said, but there must be truth in it) about Spurs in the last couple of days?

Incidentally, FWIW, I'd have thought a Charlie Big Bollocks, arsey, petulant teenager of an overpriced striker would be the last thing you need at the moment in any case.

From what I've heard I don't think Berbatov will be going anywhere........... or many others for that matter.  The cull will probably start in the summer when the fresh faces have been recruited.  The Bolton GK, Diego, Lassana Diarra and Boro's Adam Johnson are all on the radar as are 2 central defenders

I think we need to go for berba. The reason that we are not top 4 or 5 anymore like we were in the 90s is because our squad isn't good enough. It is full of subs of the top 4 (or other good teams)  or players who didn't make the cut there. (Emre - Inter, Parker before and Geremi and Duff - Chelsea, Smith ManUre etc. etc) When we bought Shearer he was one of the best if not the best striker in the world. If we want out previous placements back we need to buy players of quality such as berbatov.

Honest question. Does anyone really, seriously think there is any chance Berbatov will sign for Newcastle? Given what he has said (his agent said, but there must be truth in it) about Spurs in the last couple of days?

Incidentally, FWIW, I'd have thought a Charlie Big Bollocks, arsey, petulant teenager of an overpriced striker would be the last thing you need at the moment in any case.

From what I've heard I don't think Berbatov will be going anywhere........... or many others for that matter.  The cull will probably start in the summer when the fresh faces have been recruited.  The Bolton GK, Diego, Lassana Diarra and Boro's Adam Johnson are all on the radar as are 2 central defenders

Jaaskelainen will be a great signing for someone what with him being out of contract.

I think we need to go for berba. The reason that we are not top 4 or 5 anymore like we were in the 90s is because our squad isn't good enough. It is full of subs of the top 4 (or other good teams)  or players who didn't make the cut there. (Emre - Inter, Parker before and Geremi and Duff - Chelsea, Smith ManUre etc. etc) When we bought Shearer he was one of the best if not the best striker in the world. If we want out previous placements back we need to buy players of quality such as berbatov.

Jaaskelainen will be a great signing for someone what with him being out of contract.

Better shot stopper than Robinson but he has a tendency to give some daft goals away. I think he's pretty average tbh.

I think we need to go for berba. The reason that we are not top 4 or 5 anymore like we were in the 90s is because our squad isn't good enough. It is full of subs of the top 4 (or other good teams)  or players who didn't make the cut there. (Emre - Inter, Parker before and Geremi and Duff - Chelsea, Smith ManUre etc. etc) When we bought Shearer he was one of the best if not the best striker in the world. If we want out previous placements back we need to buy players of quality such as berbatov.

Better shot stopper than Robinson but he has a tendency to give some daft goals away. I think he's pretty average tbh.

He's good value for nothing, though.

Ain't seen a thread yet wonder what everyone thinks to this

Source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/d/derby_county/7166848.stm

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/44331000/jpg/_44331948_laurenrobert_getty203.jpg

Robert set for Rams opportunity

Laurent Robert

Robert also had a spell with Benfica before his move to Levante

Former Newcastle and Portsmouth winger Laurent Robert has been given a trial at Premier League bottom side Derby.

Robert, 32, gets the chance of a return to England after having his contract cancelled by Spanish side Levante.

Derby manager Paul Jewell is keen to bolster his side, with Jay McEveley suffering suspected knee ligament damage in Wednesday's loss to Bolton.

Jewell is also expected to finalise a deal for Argentine frontman Emanuel Villa on Thursday.

Robert will train with the Rams ahead of Saturday's FA Cup tie against Sheffield Wednesday.

The Frenchman joined Newcastle for £10.5m in 2001 and made 139 Premier League appearances in four years on Tyneside.

After a half-season loan at Portsmouth, he moved to Benfica in January 2006, before joining Levante later that year.

Jewell told the club's website: "We will have a look at him and see what condition he's in because we are desperately short of numbers

"In January plenty needs to happen. The players are down after the Bolton result and you expect that. It seems like one blow after another at the moment and it tests our resolve, but we can't feel sorry for ourselves."

Berbatov's agent has apparently just been interviewed on Bulgarian TV.

He said no-one is saying Berbs is leaving. In the Sun interview he just said what he has said in the past and what he and Levy had previously agreed - IF an offer from a big club came in, they would sit down and discuss it rather than just refuse it.  Seems like the Sun were trying to make it into a new story............ no surprise there then.

Also, there is no release clause in Berbs contract. There were talks for extending Berbs contract several months ago but when his agent insisted a release clause be included, Levy refused, so they stopped negotiating.

Dantchev also said BIG club means really big - there are 6,7 such clubs in Europe and most of them already have 3,4 quality strikers, there are perhaps only 2 or 3 big clubs that might be interested in signing him. All Dantchev wants is if any offer comes, it will be discussed seriously, and Levy has already agreed to that.   Dantchev also said Berbatov costs much more that what Spurs paid 2 years ago and a serious offer should reflect that.

No doubt there is someone here Bulgaria based who will be able to confirm all this.

Also, Ajax have said they are in advanced stages of discussions to sign Michael Lumb for Aarhus.  His signing would then enable Urby Emanuelson to make the move to WHL.  Ajax originally said UE would not be sold but the player has told the club that he wants to leave for Spurs.  It would seem that Wipey's days are numbered.

Blackburn is apparently signing 17 year old Korean youth international Yoon Bit-Ga-Ram to a youth contract.

Not that I expect anyone to care (I really don't either,) but I just find it frightening that Blackburn's scouting network is now extensive enough to be finding prospects all the way out in Korea. Wonder where ours is at?

Blackburn is apparently signing 17 year old Korean youth international Yoon Bit-Ga-Ram to a youth contract.

Not that I expect anyone to care (I really don't either,) but I just find it frightening that Blackburn's scouting network is now extensive enough to be finding prospects all the way out in Korea. Wonder where ours is at?

Ours is getting laughed at for looking at players only for the sake of exploit the Asian market.

He said no-one is saying Berbs is leaving. In the Sun interview he just said what he has said in the past and what he and Levy had previously agreed - IF an offer from a big club came in, they would sit down and discuss it rather than just refuse it.  Seems like the Sun were trying to make it into a new story............ no surprise there then.

Also, there is no release clause in Berbs contract. There were talks for extending Berbs contract several months ago but when his agent insisted a release clause be included, Levy refused, so they stopped negotiating.

Dantchev also said BIG club means really big - there are 6,7 such clubs in Europe and most of them already have 3,4 quality strikers, there are perhaps only 2 or 3 big clubs that might be interested in signing him. All Dantchev wants is if any offer comes, it will be discussed seriously, and Levy has already agreed to that.  Dantchev also said Berbatov costs much more that what Spurs paid 2 years ago and a serious offer should reflect that.

No doubt there is someone here Bulgaria based who will be able to confirm all this.

Also, Ajax have said they are in advanced stages of discussions to sign Michael Lumb for Aarhus.  His signing would then enable Urby Emanuelson to make the move to WHL.  Ajax originally said UE would not be sold but the player has told the club that he wants to leave for Spurs.  It would seem that Wipey's days are numbered.

Don't you get bored of talking shite?

Think it's a another place that could have been filled by an English kid but isn't.  I'm not going to criticise Blackburn because they do their bit to give young English players a chance.

Dantchev also said BIG club means really big - there are 6,7 such clubs in Europe and most of them already have 3,4 quality strikers, there are perhaps only 2 or 3 big clubs that might be interested in signing him. All Dantchev wants is if any offer comes, it will be discussed seriously, and Levy has already agreed to that.   Dantchev also said Berbatov costs much more that what Spurs paid 2 years ago and a serious offer should reflect that.

Don't you get bored of talking s****?

You obviously don't live in Bulgaria.

Dantchev also said BIG club means really big - there are 6,7 such clubs in Europe and most of them already have 3,4 quality strikers, there are perhaps only 2 or 3 big clubs that might be interested in signing him. All Dantchev wants is if any offer comes, it will be discussed seriously, and Levy has already agreed to that.  Dantchev also said Berbatov costs much more that what Spurs paid 2 years ago and a serious offer should reflect that.

Don't you get bored of talking s****?

You obviously don't live in Bulgaria.

Unlike you?