The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

I wonder how much Defoe will go for?

Cheeky £5m bid if we sell Ameobi for £2m?

I'd have Defoe over Owen. We could do with the £2 million as well. I just don't get why Boro are so intent on signing mediocre strikers, Aliadiere, that Korean, Mido now Ameobi. If they want to stay up they need a top-class striker.

FOOTBALL: Marseille have turned down an approach from Manchester City for striker Djibril Cisse. More soon.

From the BBC Sport homepage

Good.

I hope its bollox. WTF is Sven looking at that dopey cunt for.

He's like an inferior version of Martins, and thats hardly a compliment!

Maniche, ex Chelsea player, from Athletico Madrid to Inter Milan is being discussed between the two clubs.

Gianluca Zambrotta will remain at Barcelona until June and then consider his future with both Chelsea and Tottenham interested.

Cristiano Lucarelli has left Shakthar to join Parma in a deal that could reach up to €6m.

It is not only Fulham and Birmingham interested in Guglielmo Stendardo but also Celtic. He has already asked for an transfer and could invoke a FIFA rule to leave Lazio at the end of the season.

Couldn't find this anywhere else. From skysports:

Defoe for sale: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3030188,00.html

Savage to Derby: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_3030494,00.html

I'd get in for Defoe if he really was available. Good shot, pace and fair close control.

Defoe says he wants to stay in London, wants to stay with Spurs and earn a contract better than the one that is on the table which he refuses to sign.

All the signs of another scumball-style Bosman tbh.

I was thinking the same...get shot of Owen,get him in!Owen would prob be unreal for another team though the c***!

I honestly think he still can be unreal for us. Owen that is. Or well, not unreal, but definitely a 15+ goals a season-striker. We're just not playing even remotely to his strengths, and he looks so infuriatingly disinterested. I'm sure if we had a more confident side, and a winning streak under our belt, he'd be several times the player he looks like now.

That said, I would probably snap the hand off any bidder, if it meant we could replace him with Defoe for a reasonable price.

Its more cos of his injurys though  why I would get rid while Defoe seems to be get injured very rarely and is younger!Straight swap wouldn be a bad idea!Your prob right though...the service has being terrible to the strikers but I cant help thinking if iOba missed Owens chance against City at the beginning of the second half people would still be slating him!

Gutted, Martin Jol.

Emanuelson has opted against the move.

"I have talked about it with Edgar Davids, because he played there," Emanuelson told Sportweek magazine.

"Edgar told me it was a great club, but that I should not join Spurs. He said to me: 'You are an Ajax player, you are young and talented, so you only need to go to a top club in England, Spain or Italy'.

"I have thought about what he said and I think he is right."

I'd have Defoe here. He's got a good goalscoring record. He's got a lot of attributes that we could do with, too - namely pace and movement.

Owen is obviously the better player, but - completely hypothetically, obviously - if we were to offload him and bring in Defoe (whilst probably making £3/4m along the way with those transactions), i'd be happy. Much less hassle.

Gutted, Martin Jol.

"I have talked about it with Edgar Davids, because he played there," Emanuelson told Sportweek magazine.

"Edgar told me it was a great club, but that I should not join Spurs. He said to me: 'You are an Ajax player, you are young and talented, so you only need to go to a top club in England, Spain or Italy'.

:iamatwat:

Edgar Davids did them real dirty on that one.

Damn.

Gutted, Martin Jol.

Damn.

mackems.gif

FOOTBALL: Marseille have turned down an approach from Manchester City for striker Djibril Cisse. More soon.

From the BBC Sport homepage

Good.

I hope its bollox. WTF is Sven looking at that dopey cunt for.

Oh man that would be payback. Lord let it be true.

Guest LucasUnger

Gutted, Martin Jol.

Damn.

mackems.gif

mackems.gif

Guest LucaAltieri

only worth getting defoe if owen or martins leave. not a world beater but would plug the gaps for a while.

This.

Priority has to be midfield. Back 4 needs no new additions, strikers we have provide sufficient variety. Unless we're losing a striker we don't need Defoe.

Who's this defender Liverpool are getting? Five Live kept telling me it would break their transfer record for a defender yet kept failing to mention the actual fee. Useless fucks.

Its £6million apparently