The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

If Anelka goes where the fuck with Bolton's goals come from? Its amazing how a club trying to stay up sells their best goal scorer, its almost like they want to be relegated, anyway, no Diouf and Anelka when they play us in a couple of weeks, happy days

If Anelka goes where the fuck with Bolton's goals come from? Its amazing how a club trying to stay up sells their best goal scorer, its almost like they want to be relegated, anyway, no Diouf and Anelka when they play us in a couple of weeks, happy days

Do they have a choice?

Alan Hutton rejects improved offer from Tottenham

Graham Spiers

Alan Hutton, the Rangers full back, yesterday rejected a move to Tottenham Hotspur for the second time in five days. The 23-year-old Scotland international insisted that he wants to stay at Ibrox.

Tottenham had made a bid of at least £8 million for Hutton and are believed to have offered improved personal terms that would have seen the defender paid twice as much at White Hart Lane than at Ibrox. Nevertheless, Hutton wants to remain in Glasgow.

After immediately rejecting Tottenham’s initial approach last week and then asking for more time to consider it, Hutton, who has also been linked with Manchester United, appears unlikely to get another chance to move to North London. A spokesman for the club said last night: “We have no further interest in Alan Hutton.”

That turn of events may cause consternation within Rangers, whose chairman, Sir David Murray, wants to sell the player. With the £8 million for the defender, Rangers could do considerable transfer business themselves and are faintly piqued that Hutton is digging in his heels about staying put.

Murray summoned Hutton to his Edinburgh office – ordering him not to bring his agent – this week to discuss a possible move to North London. Hutton, to Murray’s irritation, told him that he was happy playing for Rangers and wanted to remain at the club, at least until the summer.

The Hutton saga has also left Walter Smith in an awkward situation. On the one hand, the Rangers manager values Hutton’s talent as he tries to push the club towards their first silverware in three years. On the other, Smith accepts that £8 million is a significant amount to recoup for the player, especially as Rangers spent £2 million in the summer on Steven Whittaker, another right back.

“There is the football aspect and there is the financial aspect,” Smith said. “No one at Rangers wants Alan to leave. But sometimes you reach a situation where the financial offer just becomes an acceptable one.”

Rangers were even believed to be prepared to give Hutton a financial cut of the deal to leave for Spurs, but this was also stonewalled by the player. It would appear that Hutton, reared in the football hotbed of the West of Scotland, is highly reluctant to leave the environment.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/tottenham/article3156075.ece

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now who is throwing money at players out of desperation?

A NO is a NO damn it!!!

:lol:

Guest kingdawson

Think its bullshit as weve already confirmed were not intrested no more. Kaka your fasination for us is rather weird though :thup:.

Think its bullshit as weve already confirmed were not intrested no more. Kaka your fasination for us is rather weird though :thup:.

Your the one on a Newcastle site buddy!

I just find you guys funny. Your so quick to come on here and talk about the amazing things your club is supposedly doing, and so it's my job to do the opposite.

You just got turned down by Emmanuelson and Hutton and Berbatov wants out along with Chimbonda and I think its hilarious!

But no matter because your signing KaKa and Huntelaar tomorrow right? WRONG!

Kewell and Cisse it is then  :lol:

Guest kingdawson

I just find you guys funny. Your so quick to come on here and talk about the amazing things your club is supposedly doing, and so it's my job to do the opposite.

You just got turned down by Emmanuelson and Hutton and Berbatov wants out along with Chimbonda and I think its hilarious!

Do I?? Think thats bs tbh.

EDIT: You find all this hilarious even though your own club are not faring much better?. I only laugh at other clubs misfortunes when my own club are actually doing something to note :thup:.

Do I?? Think thats bs tbh

Nothing personal man. I just don't like Spurs. A bit too cocky and condescending in general. You guys are always perfect while everyone else just throws money at players etc etc etc

Just having a bit of a laugh at your expense thats all.

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews.asp?newsid=178815

Despite earning a reputation as one of the most unreliable central defenders in England during a nightmare spell at Newcastle United, the France international has been heavily linked with Craven Cottage.

Boumsong is currently contracted to Italian giants Juventus who he helped earn promotion to Serie A last season, yet he has fell down the pecking order under new coach Claudio Ranieri.

The Old Lady of Italian football have already rejected an offer of around £1.5million for the defender from Besiktas, yet Cottagers boss Roy Hodgson is prepared to pay £2million to land him.

Sunderland sign Fortune, Derby sign Robert, Bolton sell Anelka, Fulham sign Boumsong. It's like a race for 20th.

How many more man u rejects got Keane actually sign??The sad thing is for the wanks is that Fortunes prob the best one hes signed! :lol:

Guest johnson293

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but on Sky Sports website, the frontpage has a large banner for their 'Transfer Latest', with a pic of mophead Stephen Hunt.

http://www.skysports.com/football/

In that window, it says...

Transfer Window latest

Boro have made an approach for Fred, Newcastle won't sell Steven Taylor or Obafemi Martins, and Reading aim to keep Stephen Hunt.

But when you click the link, I can't find any other story to expand on it.

Wasn't sure where else to post this, but on Sky Sports website, the frontpage has a large banner for their 'Transfer Latest', with a pic of mophead Stephen Hunt.

http://www.skysports.com/football/

In that window, it says...

Transfer Window latest

Boro have made an approach for Fred, Newcastle won't sell Steven Taylor or Obafemi Martins, and Reading aim to keep Stephen Hunt.

But when you click the link, I can't find any other story to expand on it.

Apparently Spurs made an offer for Taylor which we rejected.

However, Allardyce has told the Evening Chronicle: "While they say everybody has got his price, I can tell them that Steven Taylor is not for sale."

Guest johnson293

Teamtalk has the story...

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,2483_3032405,00.html

Allardyce: Toon duo not for sale

Newcastle manager Sam Allardyce has moved to warn off clubs thinking of making bids for Steven Taylor or Obafemi Martins.

Tottenham are believed to be ready to ask about the 21-year-old's availability after being rebuffed by Middlesbrough over an enquiry about England international Jonathan Woodgate.

However, Allardyce has told the Evening Chronicle: "While they say everybody has got his price, I can tell them that Steven Taylor is not for sale."

Taylor is out of contract at the end of the season and has as yet been unable to agree a new deal with the club at which he emerged from the academy.

Allardyce worked hard during the summer to bring in defenders Abdoulaye Faye, Habib Beye, Claudio Cacapa, David Rozehnal and Jose Enrique.

However, Taylor's progression has been such that he has not only established himself as a crowd favourite but also as a key member of the team.

The Greenwich-born but Tyneside-raised player has repeatedly spoken of his desire to remain at the club but despite several rounds of talks between his father Alf and the club, no new agreement has been reached.

Spurs are not alone in their admiration of the youngster with West Ham and Chelsea also said to be keeping an eye on his situation.

That could prove the catalyst for Newcastle, having moved to tie up the likes of James Milner, Charles N'Zogbia and Nicky Butt in recent months, to finally conclude the matter.

Meanwhile, Allardyce has also insisted striker Obafemi Martins is not for sale amid reports both Aston Villa and Manchester City are monitoring his situation.

The Nigeria international, who is currently away at a national team training camp in Malaga ahead of the African Nations Cup, was heavily linked with a move away from St James' Park during the summer after it was revealed there was a £13million get-out clause in his contract.

However, Allardyce said: "We have had no contact with Villa or City about Obafemi Martins, but I can tell them - and anybody else, for that matter - that he is not for sale."

Oops...beaten to it!