The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Are you bloody related to him or something? :rolleyes: If so, I feel sorry for you!

Save your sympathy for our pathetic right winger Milner instead.

I've just seen someone whose twice the player go for peanuts.

Excuse me if I find this alarming.

You are right, Routledge is probably a little bit away from Christiano Ronaldo. Just couldn't get into the Spurs side at all because, he erm, well erm..... Yeah but he is fantastic though, a real propsect.

You are right, Routledge is probably a little bit away from Christiano Ronaldo. Just couldn't get into the Spurs side at all because, he erm, well erm..... Yeah but he is fantastic though, a real propsect.

Christiano Ronaldo?

I don't know how he came into this ...

All I know is that Milner is a whole hell of a lot away from Routledge.

Pretty fair price for Routledge, you can just tell Villa will ressurect his career though  :tickedoff:

18 month deal seems very short.

£1.25m and such a top class player, you would have thought Villa would have put more commitment into the deal. Routledge probably knows Real Madrid will come knocking in about 6 months and doesnt want to tie himself down.

Pretty fair price for Routledge, you can just tell Villa will ressurect his career though  :tickedoff:

You see this guy right here. He is thinking straight.

This guy right here knows exactly whats about to happen.

Many will be surprised but I won't and this fella won't.

And it'll only make me more bitter.

Christiano Ronaldo?

I don't know how he came into this ...

All I know is that Milner is a whole hell of a lot away from Routledge.

Not really, I'm not Milner's biggest fan but from the little i've seen of Routledge he doesn't seem as good as you think he is. He's quick, but that's probably the only thing he has over Milner. He'll probably do well at villa but I wouldn't have wanted him. Hope we get someone better than that. Routledge isn't a significant upgrade.

You see this guy right here. He is thinking straight.

This guy right here knows exactly whats about to happen.

Many will be surprised but I won't and this fella won't.

And it'll only make me more bitter.

I think you are going a little over the top. If he is THAT could how comes Spurs are getting rid for a pittance? How comes he hardly played even though Lennon could play on the left and they had no-one else who could so would often fit centre mids out there?

18 month deal seems very short.

£1.25m and such a top class player, you would have thought Villa would have put more commitment into the deal. Routledge probably knows Real Madrid will come knocking in about 6 months and doesnt want to tie himself down.

Never been away from the London area, probably being cautious incase he doesn't settle.

If he plays enough he will, and he will be very good.

I'm not saying we have to sign Routledge. I would love it if we could get Barnes or someone else.

All I know is we have one right winger and he is awfully dissapointing.

So if we aren't willing to pay a lot for Barnes and there is no one else, are you telling me it isn't worth bringing in Routledge for a million on a short contract which he is willing to sign?

Come off it!

I'm not saying we have to sign Routledge. I would love it if we could get Barnes or someone else.

So if we aren't willing to pay a lot for Barnes and there is no one else, are you telling me it isn't worth bringing in Routledge for a million on a short contract which he is willing to sign?

Come off it!

Fair point.

Come off it!

Fair point.

Even Parky approves so you know I'm onto something here.

:razz:

If we don't get Barnes in it will be rather baffling.

Especially as it doesn't look like we will even be trying Zoggy on the left with Duff on the right and Milner on the bench, which in all honesty is what we should be doing right now.

Well, I'm a bit underwhelmed by Routledge. Yet more bench fodder.

To be honest fringe players is something Villa do lack. Live 30 mins away from Brum and have some mates who are Villa season ticket holders and they keep saying they lack any strength in depth.