The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Well, I'm a bit underwhelmed by Routledge. Yet more bench fodder.

To be honest fringe players is something Villa do lack. Live 30 mins away from Brum and have some mates who are Villa season ticket holders and they keep saying they lack any strength in depth.

This is true. We also need to be signing some first team players too, though.

Apparently Swiss newspaper "Blick" reports Felipe Caicedo (Striker/19/Basel/Ecuador) on his way here. I've never seen him play, I'd never heard of him before this morning, but PLEASE BE TRUE. Not that I'm desperate or owt. :frantic:

This is about the 8th post of this nature from you this window :laugh:

I can't deal with it man. Darius Vassell has played twelve games in a row! Fucking twelve!

We used to be good!

Honeymoon period, man. Welcome to mid-table.

I could deal with it if I didn't keep getting teased into thinking that the knight in shining armour is heading over the horizon. Everything from players being quoted on our interest to normally honest posters making up stories (And even forging autographs). Ill calm down soon. Once I can come to terms with Vassell's perpetural inclusion. Even if he is the most frustrating player EVA.

This just appeared on daily mail website.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=511374&in_page_id=1779&ct=5

Manchester City sign striker Caciedo for £5m and close in on Benjani

By SIMON JONES - More by this author » Last updated at 21:04pm on 30th January 2008

Comments Comments

Sven Goran Eriksson

Manchester City have signed Ecuador striker Felipe Caciedo from FC Basel in a £5m deal.

Having beaten Everton and Atletico Madrid to Caciedo, 20, City are still hoping to sign Benjani from Portsmouth.

Talks were expected to continue after Pompey's game at Manchester United last night.

We missed a trick with Diarra.

MON said this week that his agent told us he wanted 90k a week, so we told him to cock off.

Fuck that for a game of soldiers.

Fair enough like. I tend not to worry too much about what they earn though. End of the day a good player is worth it, I'm more worried about the proper wank players picking up half of that but never playing etc.

MON said this week that his agent told us he wanted 90k a week, so we told him to cock off.

Fair enough like. I tend not to worry too much about what they earn though. End of the day a good player is worth it, I'm more worried about the proper wank players picking up half of that but never playing etc.

Surely you'd have to be a very good player to merit 90k a week?

Four year contract at 90k a week = 18.7m in total. For Diarra? No ta.

Surely you'd have to be a very good player to merit 90k a week?

Four year contract at 90k a week = 18.7m in total. For Diarra? No ta.

You should be a very good player to merit £10k a week, that's all I'm saying. Seems vastly over-priced for Diarra I admit, but at the end of the day these clubs can afford it.

Would you have been happy to pay Diarra 90k a week? I know I wouldnt, no matter how easily the club could afford it.

He looks a good player. I'd rather pay him that than Smith and Babayaro on £45k each (for example), that's all I'm saying. Plus, how much was the transfer fee?

Sunderland have bid £4m for Andy Reid. :lol:

Now, that is the funniest thing I've seen this window. I was a bit depressed on the way home at the dullness of signing Routledge for 1.25m, then I heard that and all was well with the world.