Should Sam Allardyce get the Sack? (Main Page Poll)

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I wonder if people would be more lenient towards him and this season if we hadn't been bought out in the summer?

I think so, for me at least. I don't want to see us lose the biggest advantage given to us in 10+ years and that's what Ashley is, but more of this and it could be a short investment and that makes me nervous.

If he got his own man in, and backed him properly then we'd be Citeh right now, the boards basic backing in the summer is not only suspect in terms of commitment, but also they have played their part in this poor season.

I'm torn.

We're without a doubt an established mid-table (or slightly lower) team now, but then the playing staff we've had these past few years should suggest otherwise. Have we really picked three dud managers in a row?

We no longer have the reputation to attract high calibre managers like Mourinho, so sacking Allardyce now could do more harm than good. I'd give him the season.

How many teams have gotten magical results with a new managers first season? with the exception of the biggest teams with the biggest budgets and players, its so ridiculously stupid to expect to become an amazing team so quickly.

We aint playing well at the moment but there have been some performances that show there is something there. If we keep sacking managers after only giving them less than one season or even just one season, we will never get anywhere.

So fucking frustrating to read people saying sack him he's shit, we'll get someone better in.....Bullshit. Who would want to come here with the ever higher increasing expectations and the knowledge that if you don't win the fucking league in your first go then your fired. For fucks sake.

at least we haven't spent 35 million 

stick, purely because i theres no one else

Pathetic excuse to keep imo.

The thing that fucks me off most about allardyce is the way of football he seems to be trying to implement, get shot before he knocks the remaining flamboyancy and flair out of our players.

Stick with him, no point sacking right now as no-one is going to come in January and transform this season. He has from now until the end of the season to show improvements on the playing side and if there are none then Mort and Ashley will have to decide.

Guest taff2727

I don't like what we're producing any more than the next person, it's soul destroying to watch and I do think he's bringing a lot of the flack on himself with woeful team selections. However, we just can't keep repeating the same process over and over again. I voted to stick.

totall agree but it hurts

Guest TheKingOfNewcastle

We must start looking for a new manager now. One with a positive mindset who doesn't go for draws away to Wigan, Derby and the mackems.

There's been a swing on the swingometer. I had convinced myself to vote 'stick' but found myself irresistably drawn to 'get rid'

I just want to see us winning. Definitely a knee jerk after another bad result and awful performance. Win me round, Sam.

feck me i must have missed that :yikes:

he knocks the remaining flamboyancy and flair out of our players.

If he encourages the likes of N'Zogbia to hoof it the whole time eventually they will go stale. We were lucky as fuck to get the win at Fulham, and the week before at home to Birmingham that coul dhave easily been a draw. We could easily lost against Derby (and could have won as well tbf) We played OK ar Blackburn but that and Arsenal were just bounce back games from the fucking shambles that was the Liverpool game. For the people that say we're 9th whatever the fuck it is now, we haven't played hardly any of our big 4 games yet and have been lucky against some of the smaller teams to get anything. Which is not down to the previous managers atfuckingall it's down to his dogshit tactics and selections IMO. I honestly wouldn't be arsed if he was sacked. Mort and Ashley seem to be taking this club in the right direction and i have upmost faith that they could find a replacement in decent time. I know this will be fobbed off as a knee jerk but i've tried to back him but it's just so fucking frustrating seeing him fuck our players about and telling them to hoof it when you see the likes of Derby playing us off the park for long spells. How long exactly do we give him until he finally learns from his mistakes and see's that what he's doing is totally and utterly wrong and it's not going to work? I've seemed to be reading these sort of comments for about 2-3 months on here already? How long do we have to wait? There's no signs to me that he's trying to change the tactics or line ups on the field to turn performances around so why should we give him to the end of the season? He's had his honeymoon period now and STILL he seems to persist with fucking derpressing tactics. We are no better if not worse now and he seems to have no further clue about what he's doing now than he did at the start of the season so why the fuck should he get a season or two exactly?

Another thing is the comments ^ there have all been repeated about 1000 times already so at least a lot of people are seeing through him.

:smug:

I voted to stick with, to give him a fair crack, lets face it this season is over, no chance of acheiving anything of note whomever is in charge, so lets just put it down to yet another transitional season.

The only way I would be likely to change my mind would be if Jose said this was the only job he's interested in (very very unlikely) or that we get dragged into a relegation dogfight (I still believe that's not going to happen).

Guest bluegeordie

Ignoring the time-honoured wisdom of the saying "if you're in a hole, stop digging", I'm obstinately standing by Sam by voting "stick with" ... at least until the summer, unless we're threatened with relegation, and / or the suicide rate amongst the Toon Army reaches epidemic proportions.   

Guest Brazilianbob

I am absolutely astounded at the volume of supporters who are willing to stick with Allardyce after the dross he has served up.  I haven't seen anything in any of the games he has been in charge that comes anywhere near even one of SBR's poorer games.  He has shown nothing that tells me he should be given more time than Souness or Roeder so why do they stick with him.  Is it because they fear NUFC becoming even more of a laughing stock if we sack yet another manager without giving him the time that the media say we should give him.

Thats all very well for the media to speculate upon, but giving time to a bad manager like Allardyce can be even more damaging than sacking him early on, when it is evident to all and sundry that he is not up to the job.  At what point do you say enough is enough?  I knew the day we appointed Souness that he was not the man for the job and I was calling for his head after just 2 months because all the signs were there that he would not be up to the job, and those same tell tale signs are there with Allardyce.  He has even started blaming the players just like Souness.  Get rid of BSA now and who knows, we may even get a UEFA spot with a caretaker manager giving us a bit of a lift like we got under Roeder.

Guest bluegeordie

I am absolutely astounded at the volume of supporters who are willing to stick with Allardyce after the dross he has served up.  I haven't seen anything in any of the games he has been in charge that comes anywhere near even one of SBR's poorer games.  He has shown nothing that tells me he should be given more time than Souness or Roeder so why do they stick with him.  Is it because they fear NUFC becoming even more of a laughing stock if we sack yet another manager without giving him the time that the media say we should give him.

Thats all very well for the media to speculate upon, but giving time to a bad manager like Allardyce can be even more damaging than sacking him early on, when it is evident to all and sundry that he is not up to the job.  At what point do you say enough is enough?  I knew the day we appointed Souness that he was not the man for the job and I was calling for his head after just 2 months because all the signs were there that he would not be up to the job, and those same tell tale signs are there with Allardyce.  He has even started blaming the players just like Souness.  Get rid of BSA now and who knows, we may even get a UEFA spot with a caretaker manager giving us a bit of a lift like we got under Roeder.

Where's Hamlet when you need him, hey? In other words, that is the question ... I guess we just all have different answers.

It's all well and good saying that we need stability, but with this guy at the helm there's none of that anyway.  He is making some of the most baffling selections since Souness went a bit mental (Zog on the right and Milner on the left), baffling substitutions, giving the same pre-match talk to the papers ('we need to contain them' - the only stable thing he does) and not learning from what's gone wrong in the past.  What has he seen that has him convinced that Smith should play in midfield, Geremi is worthy of  starting place, hoofing the ball up the field is actually going to work this match.

All the talk of his net spend and he needs to buy players - one of the five players that he paid money for, which by all accounts is his most expensive signing, is lucky to even get a spot warming the bench.  Who would give him any of their cash judging by what he's brought in so far?

I wasn't expecting us to set the world on fire this year, but would have liked some sort of improvement.  Instead we have a team incapable of basic skills such as passing the ball to a guy wearing the same coloured shirt as you and looking like you all met for the first time in The Strawberry at 2:30 that afternoon.

Sack.  And kick him in the bollocks as well for good measure.