Should Sam Allardyce get the Sack? (Main Page Poll)

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fine, the 'Martin Jol in' campaign starts here. On your head be it though.

If nothing else, it'll be funny seeing if our Spurs ITK changes his name...or tells us that a year ago he was having coffee outside his office and heard him saying he'd be Newcastle manager soon.

He took over Spurs with a worse squad than we have now, in a similar position and took them to the top 5.

The squad was assembled by those above him though, i'd rather stick with Sam, but i wouldn't mind their revolving door policy, keeps them coming in until we find suitable quality and selling on those who don't fit the bill.

Its one was of doing things, the other of course is bit by bit, buying precisely, but when you do that you risk losing out on a bum signing.

Ignore the more pertinent second point too mate...

I'm not too sure on that. I think Ashley and Mort are genuinely wanting to give Allardyce as much time as possible.

I was more thinking post-SBR.

The more i think about it, the more i think Roeder was Shepherd's stop-gap waiting for Allardyce.

No he hasn't, he's had two poor games against a top 4 side and a pretty decent team in Man City.  He's had plenty of poor games on the left as well, he's just played much more on the left and so had more chances to play well.

100% shit on the right or 50% shit on the left.

Sam was right, he evidently prefers the left himself.

Jol who couldnt beat Roeder?

If we were able to attract a world class manager we would have done it by now.

Give over man. Last season Wenger couldn't beat Roeder...and he lost to Souness the season before that. That's a "my dad's bigger than your's" answer if ever I've seen one. :lol:

But Jol had them in the bottom 3, he wouldn't have lasted here as long as he did at Spurs.

I've chosen not to get too involved with these sort of threads, but those of whom think the only answer is to sack him, honestly - really - seriously - where the FUCK do you think we go from there?

We should keep Sam if only it was because there's fuck all else out there.

Guest Brewcastle

On a more general note, from the perspective of the fan rather than the board, its clear to me that it is far FAR easier to say 'f*** him he isnt good enough' than it is to nail your colours to the mast and say lets back the manager.

Those who are reluctant to back the man often refer to Souness as evidence of the folly of backing a manager with poor results. Souness's approach to sorting out fitness problems at the club was to re-lay the turf at Benton. He believed we had the wrong type of grass. Allardyce has brought in the best expertise in sports science to address the fitness needs of the squad. Not saying he has sorted it but fundamentally i just reckon one of these managers was a fucktard and the other is a rational logician. Souness also thought that man-management was about authority, whereas Allardyce thinks its about ensuring our muslim players have access to the right Mosque or are not forced to play numerous games in their first season as a young player in England. Souness thought that splashing large amounts of cash was the first priority, whereas Allardyce wanted to build a squad of players who want to play for each other and the manager (you need time to take the latter approach). The comparison is f****** laughable.

It seems to me that it is far safer and easier to say get rid than it is to say lets stick with him. To say 'stick' you risk having your judgement questioned, whereas 'get rid' is risk free. Once he has gone, there is no way of knowing if we wouldnt have improved (its called a counter-factual argument). After he has gone the 'get rid' party have no downside (unless he takes on a similar club with similar circumstances and fucks up).

Those of you saying get rid might well be right but do remember you are also taking the easiest of the two options.

It's oposite IMO: I feel it harder to say "get rid", than "stick with". Why? -I allways want to give my full support to the club, people working there and the fans. I hope of all my heart that any manager will succeed with NUFC. And was disposed to give Sam time. But when it's no improvement during half season - more a deterioration. Then I'm afraid that NUFC will be set back in a position it will take years to come out of. So I lose patience. I'm not asking for a massive progress at half season. But in the view of the squads (players and back-room staff), injury situation and the support from fans, it must be allowed to expect more than shown.

What have we got so far? I'm afraid it's not more than The Lads could pick up without a manager/backroom staff :blush:.

And here is the "minefield". If Sam is the genious many says he is. Yes, then we can live with a period with some heartbreaking football/results. But at same time it should be possible to bring out the best from players in some matches. So far it looks as it brings an end to Martins carreer, if he stays then.

I'm afraid Sam doesn't have what it takes, and then - if we're lucky - we'll be at the starting point after he have used all his expertise at NUFC. Why spend time with him then?

It's not much faith left for Sam. But my support to the club is unchanged. For that reason: As far Sam's not able to win me over, it would be stupid of me to say "I'll stick with him".

-Good for Sam, the club and the supporters that we probably get a good result at Stoke this weekend. Hopefully positive things can be built from that match, and Sam can turn around things. But I don't belive in much more than a good result at Stoke ???.

Sam will probably stay. So it's not risk free to say "get rid". Sam will have the chance to let me eat my hat. That's no problem for me. It would be a bigger problem to deal with not to say what I mean :-X.

Guest Knightrider

Give Big Sam some 90 odd million to spend in 3 years and I'm sure he'd get us into the top 5. Jol is seriously overrated, it says a lot that Roeder was the better tactician...

Give Big Sam some 90 odd million to spend in 3 years and I'm sure he'd get us into the top 5. Jol is seriously overrated, it says a lot that Roeder was the better tactician...

how was roeder the better tactician ?

Guest Knightrider

Every time we played Spurs he outwitted Jol and it wasn't by any kind of masterstroke either. Jol's tactics? Well, he had none.

Every time we played Spurs he outwitted Jol and it wasn't by any kind of masterstroke either. Jol's tactics? Well, he had none.

you meam both times under roeder....does that mean allardyce has been tactically out thought by billy davies and steve bruce to name but a few ?

truth is spurs have been very poor on their travels (hey it happens look at citeh) and in our game last year at shite fart lane they murdered us in all butresult.

you meam both times under roeder....does that mean allardyce has been tactically out thought by billy davies and steve bruce to name but a few ?

truth is spurs have been very poor on their travels (hey it happens look at citeh) and in our game last year at shite fart lane they murdered us in all butresult.

3 times wasnt it? twice at SJP and once at WHL

oh oh, and jol's spurs beat mourinho's chelsea, so logically roeder must be better than mourinho.

Big Sam - I won't quit

Allardyce hoping to be given time

By Lewis Rutledge  Last updated: 6th January 2008

Big Sam - I won't quit

Sam Allardyce is confident he can turn around Newcastle's fortunes if he is given enough time.

The Magpies' inconsistency this season has put pressure on Allardyce and speculation suggests club bosses are running out of patience.

However, Allardyce believes it is unfair for people to expect him to deliver results immediately and wants to be given at least three years in the job.

And he insists he will not even contemplate resigning if Newcastle lose to Stoke in the third round of the FA Cup on Sunday.

"No. Why should I?" Allardyce told the News of the World.

Big job

"It is 53 years since they won anything domestically here, so it is a big job to turn this club around.

"I said it would take me three to five years - and I have only been here eight months."

Stoke have been in fine form in the Championship in recent weeks and they have been tipped to knock Newcastle out of the cup, but Allardyce feels his side will progress.

He explained: "The whole world thinks we are going to get beaten so we have to go there and use that as a motivational tool.

"We have to accept that pressure but it's in our hands. We can only relieve the pressure by winning."

Well looks like he wont jump but will mort push if we get beat off stoke,imho we might as well keep himand give him a fighting chance to turn it around against sacking and the merry go round again with no realistic better alternative atm .

As Nicky Butt said, getting yet ANOTHER manager would fuck things up even more.

I'm happy with Big Sam, the players appear to be, and the board of Mort/Ashley look that way too.

Ergo, keepo.

Yes.  Get rid of this clueless cunt.

Looking good first half, Duff was playing well on the right, Zog and Enrique playing well on the left, linking up well, so what does Allardyce do at half time.. needlessly switches wingers.

No creativity whatsoever in the middle with 2 useless idiots in Smith and Butt, so of course he leaves them both on for the 90 and takes off Duff.  Everyone on this forum seen what needed to be done, yet a bloke who is getting paid millions to be in charge can't?  Fuck off.

It is getting worse, not better.