Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest kingdawson

In a revealing interview,Newcastle  fan Billytray took time out of queuing up at the local job centre, to tell us about his beloved fascination with quoting Kingdawsons post and getting a hardon reading it.."I'm not exactly the best looking bloke you see, so its really hard getting a girl unless i pay for it. Cyber sex is alright i suppose but its not like the real thing is it". When asked why he persists on quoting Kd's posts ,he replied,"What else have i got to do?. I mean im 39 years of age and im not exactly known for my contribution to N-O in a footballing sense, so i choose to take the class clown role. ".Will you be continuing this boring and tiresome act?, we asked, "Of course i will",he answered glumly before returning too the queue.

Fixed :thup:.

Guest sicko2ndbest

NOTW - KK fuming and embarrassed over the Modric deal. He thought it was in the bag and thought it would be a great message to the Newcastle fans

NOTW - KK fuming and embarrassed over the Modric deal. He thought it was in the bag and thought it would be a great message to the Newcastle fans

Link or it didn't happen? :p

Guest sicko2ndbest

Link or it didn't happen? :p

ive got the paper. Quotes a 'newcastle source'. dont think theres a link yet. Tribalfootball will pick it up later

No doubt media trying to sh*t stir the whole Keegan/Wise thing, but I could imagine him being p*ssed off about it.

Without a doubt, the media are adept at creating a story if there isn't a valid one. The story going around WHL yesterday was that Mamic arranged for Modric to be flown over to England in Ashley's private jet only to be met by Comolli and the Spurs hierachy.  Don't know how true that is, though it does sort of tie in with the talk that NUFC were going to talk to him in London.  I do think Wise has got a bit to learn about the DoF role tbh.

Had a look on the NOTW site but couldn't see anything about KK fuming.  If he was upset by it all I doubt he would have been telling the NOTW journos.

Without a doubt, the media are adept at creating a story if there isn't a valid one. The story going around WHL yesterday was that Mamic arranged for Modric to be flown over to England in Ashley's private jet only to be met by Comolli and the Spurs hierachy.  Don't know how true that is, though it does sort of tie in with the talk that NUFC were going to talk to him in London.  I do think Wise has got a bit to learn about the DoF role tbh.

Had a look on the NOTW site but couldn't see anything about KK fuming.  If he was upset by it all I doubt he would have been telling the NOTW journos.

:lol:

The important words in your post are "The story going around WHL yesterday."  I'm sure nobody within WHL bullshits, do you really think that if we were bringing him to London we would be telling anybody?

I could understand all this hand-wringing if we'd lost out to Boro or Portsmouth, but Spurs are ahead of us in the game, they've been competing in Europe, they've just won a trophy and they've got a manager with a very good reputation. No-one at the club is necessarily to blame for not landing this player.

I hesitate to say this, but I don't think Keegan's pulling power is as strong as some are suggesting. He may still be a hero in the North East, but to a lot of people elsewhere he's the guy who walked out on England and got the push at Man City. He needs to re-establish his reputation a bit before a really top player is going to trust him with their career.

Wise has got a bit to learn about the DoF role tbh.

Dennis is not a DoF. Tony Jimenez is the deal maker. Jeff Vetere is the the eyes. I am not sure what Wise does, I guess he dabbles in both Tony & Jeff roles

Wise scouts players apperently, or looks at possible targets and weither we can can get them or not..

Kinda upset about us not signing Modric but tbf i haven't seen enough of him to make a valid opinion, he might go on and become a major flop at Tottenham but defintley missing out on  a player that was wanted by Barca, Arsenal and others isn't the best of things to happen, hopefully we'll sign a few decent player in the summer..

£15.8M!!

According to some sources, it'll rise to £25m eventually. Which is why we missed out as we only were willing to offer £20m apparently (as the article below says!)

Sunday Sun have their own slant on things ..................... as any day's version of the Sun normally does.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/04/27/disbelief-as-spurs-snatch-modric-79310-20825955/

Disbelief as Spurs snatch Modric

Apr 27 2008 by Neil Farrington, Sunday Sun

CROATIAN sources last night cast doubt over talk that Tottenham landed Luka Modric for less than Newcastle offered for him.

The word from White Hart Lane is that they paid Dinamo Zagreb 21 million euros (£16.6 million) for Modric, well below United’s failed bid of around £20 million.

But that – along with talk of Modric accepting a wage offer from Spurs worth less than £30,000-a-week – has prompted disbelief in his homeland.

And sources close to the Dinamo hierarchy in Zagreb insisted that Modric WAS keen on a move to Newcastle, even after learning of Tottenham’s counter bid late on Friday night.

Instead, the consensus in Croatia is that the full fee for Modric will eventually match Dinamo’s £25 million asking price . . .

And that Newcastle’s reluctance to bid more than £20 million for the 22-year-old midfielder was what opened the way for Spurs to move in.

“Luka really wanted to go to Newcastle, but they would not pay more,” a source in Zagreb told the Sunday Sun.

“Dinamo asked for £25 million and also Modric wanted a little more money in wages – but not much more.

“So it is strange that the transfer with Tottenham would be agreed for much less money.”

Ironically, Newcastle and Spurs have strong links off the field, with Tottenham No 2 Gus Poyet formerly assistant to United director of football Dennis Wise, and Magpies owner Mike Ashley a close friend of former White Hart Lane vice-president Paul Kemsley.

United had held a second round of talks with Zagreb vice-president – and Modric’s agent – Zdravko Mamic in London on Friday.

But although Modric believed he was Toon-bound as late as Friday night, the Croatian starlet never set foot on Tyneside.

Mamic and his brother were in Newcastle for talks on Tuesday, but Modric was NOT with them.

Whilst I know his salary will be bigger than £30k, I don't believe for a minute that Spurs would be outbidding Newcastle on salary.  Spurs have their salary structure, they stick to it.

All I've heard is that Spurs have paid £15.8m (€20m), I think the journo doesn't know his €'s from his £'s!  Anyway, it'll be reported to the Stock Exchange tomorrow so we'll all know for certain.

Sunday Sun have their own slant on things ..................... as any day's version of the Sun normally does.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2008/04/27/disbelief-as-spurs-snatch-modric-79310-20825955/

CROATIAN sources last night cast doubt over talk that Tottenham landed Luka Modric for less than Newcastle offered for him.

The word from White Hart Lane is that they paid Dinamo Zagreb 21 million euros (£16.6 million) for Modric, well below United’s failed bid of around £20 million.

But that – along with talk of Modric accepting a wage offer from Spurs worth less than £30,000-a-week – has prompted disbelief in his homeland.

And sources close to the Dinamo hierarchy in Zagreb insisted that Modric WAS keen on a move to Newcastle, even after learning of Tottenham’s counter bid late on Friday night.

Instead, the consensus in Croatia is that the full fee for Modric will eventually match Dinamo’s £25 million asking price . . .

And that Newcastle’s reluctance to bid more than £20 million for the 22-year-old midfielder was what opened the way for Spurs to move in.

“Luka really wanted to go to Newcastle, but they would not pay more,” a source in Zagreb told the Sunday Sun.

“Dinamo asked for £25 million and also Modric wanted a little more money in wages – but not much more.

“So it is strange that the transfer with Tottenham would be agreed for much less money.”

Ironically, Newcastle and Spurs have strong links off the field, with Tottenham No 2 Gus Poyet formerly assistant to United director of football Dennis Wise, and Magpies owner Mike Ashley a close friend of former White Hart Lane vice-president Paul Kemsley.

United had held a second round of talks with Zagreb vice-president – and Modric’s agent – Zdravko Mamic in London on Friday.

But although Modric believed he was Toon-bound as late as Friday night, the Croatian starlet never set foot on Tyneside.

Mamic and his brother were in Newcastle for talks on Tuesday, but Modric was NOT with them.

Whilst I know his salary will be bigger than £30k, I don't believe for a minute that Spurs would be outbidding Newcastle on salary.  Spurs have their salary structure, they stick to it.

All I've heard is that Spurs have paid £15.8m (€20m), I think the journo doesn't know his €'s from his £'s!  Anyway, it'll be reported to the Stock Exchange tomorrow so we'll all know for certain.

Makes me feel a little easier, true or not.

Makes me feel a little easier, true or not.

Makes it even worse, wanted to come and we missed out.