Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest mrainey

Yeah 23,000 euros a week is probably well below the going rate for a player of his reputation.

People seem very sure if they are dragging out Silvio Maric to give interviews.

That's the way reporters work around here. They bug everyone except the Pope.

Once they actually followed Modric to church and started bombarding him with questions regarding his transfer.

Yeah 23,000 euros a week is probably well below the going rate for a player of his reputation.

Once they actually followed Modric to church and started bombarding him with questions regarding his transfer.

You live in Croatia yer?

Will you please tell me how likley this story is? and whether from past experiance it sounds like it may be true?

at least they ask him.....over here they make it up while sat in the pub

Has anyone else seen the kerfuffle on Football365 about the Sun's European Football Expert?

Has anyone else seen the kerfuffle on Football365 about the Sun's European Football Expert?

no.......do tell

Guest Jungle Barry

Good to see we're using the mackem shirt money wisely, quinny will be fuming  O0

On a serious note, i've never seen this guy other than against england and i can't remember him standing out particularly. If it were to happen does anybody not think 20m is a tad inflated or is he seriously sh*t hot?

This is awesome and I really don't feel I have any reason not to believe it.

We finally have some heavy hitters who seem to know what they are doing in the transfer market now and I am confident we can get good players in.

£16 million for such a highly rated and young prospect is music to my ears. These are the players we have to go for and not pay these same kinds of amounts for the likes of Deco.

Great stuff. I feel confident about this for sure.

no.......do tell

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8750_3459051,00.html

I have my doubts over this TBH. He seems to have been linked with loads of clubs Liverpool and Spurs included recently.

In fact didn't MJ claim that he was going to sign for spurs? He will be on the next flight here then.

KaKa is confident. That is our first major setback. He's probably not going to come now :( :razz:

Have faith brother. I've got a good feel for these things.

Just the fact that we are going after this type of player and we are willing to invest such an amount on them is very positive in of itself.

I'm really looking frward to the summer.

:coolsmiley:

Guest mrainey

You live in Croatia yer?

Will you please tell me how likley this story is? and whether from past experiance it sounds like it may be true?

Yep, Croatia. Well, the thing is, as I've mentioned before, I can't say from past experience because Croatia hasn't had a player like this in a decade or so.

Usually our players go abroad in a decent club, have a few decent seasons and then simply return home. It's rarely ever that they go to a top club, or are linked with one before that (Eduardo's an exception here, that one was a top notch secret). It's the fact that Modric is a world class potential that's got media on fire, and journalists from each paper just jump at every rumor and they simply blow it out of all proportions. Hell, why write about Duisburg's and Strasbourg's  when you can have Madrid and Chelsea instead. But with all this crap flowing around, they don't usually quote Dinamo officials, so that's the one real solid indication that there is something in this story. I was writing a blog post a few weeks ago with Modric rumors involved, and i swear i was 1 inch away from writing down that even with all the links, I could somehow see Newcastle pulling this one out. I still got that feeling mind you ;)

I have my doubts over this TBH. He seems to have been linked with loads of clubs Liverpool and Spurs included recently.

In fact didn't MJ claim that he was going to sign for spurs? He will be on the next flight here then.

This essentially guarantees that he will sign for us before the week is out.

Guest michaelfoster

The picture of Modric on the plane means nowt. He could be flying to cuba if all we know. People seem to be getting very excited but if he ends up somewhere else then there's going to be lots of unhappy people blaming the board for not doing enough. Id rather wait till its confirmed before getting excited although he seems to be a good player and i would love it if he did sign.