Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ah the summer won't be so bad. I've a sneaky feeling we'll want to get things done quickly, before Euro 2008, etc (values will go up afterwards). Plus - we know the disadvantages of bringing player in late in the window. I reckon Keegan will want his squad pretty much assembled around about the beginning of pre-season.

If there's any truth in this rumour, then it's a good example of what i mean.

Fingers crossed, anyhow.

jus watching Luka Modric vs FC Basel on youtube right now, this guy's passing ability is fantastic. Quick, great dribbling and best of all is that he creates so much, hes a pure engine in midfield.

In all likelihood, even if the deal is done and dusted right now, wouldn't we be unlikely to hear anything until Euros are over and he actually joins up with the squad?

I wouldn't be holding my breath.

f****** hell £12million would be great business

based on what?

but, having see him twice, he does look a very good player

Well you don't get linked to Madrid, Barcelona, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool etc if you're no good.

However, I just think it's Dinamo trying to bump his price up.

Be a great coup if we nabbed him though.

I`d be more than happy with Modric for the fact that there seem to be a lack of decent playmakers around these days.......and Modric is one of the few that spring to mind.

Bit wary though that eastern europeans don`t have a great track record in the EPL. When we signed Silvio Maric he was touted as a top class playmaker but he turned out rubbish. Was bloody impressive though when he played against us for Zagreb!

Certainly though modric is a step up from the likes of Koumas (people on this board were touting for him I seem to remember)

I`d be more than happy with Modric for the fact that there seem to be a lack of decent playmakers around these days.......and Modric is one of the few that spring to mind.

Bit wary though that eastern europeans don`t have a great track record in the EPL. When we signed Silvio Maric he was touted as a top class playmaker but he turned out rubbish. Was bloody impressive though when he played against us for Zagreb!

Certainly though modric is a step up from the likes of Koumas (people on this board were touting for him I seem to remember)

Mind Kranjcar and Eduardo have turned out well in the prem and Modric is supposed to be better than them both.

Mind Kranjcar and Eduardo have turned out well in the prem and Modric is supposed to be better than them both.

yeah if he does sign it might take a while to settle as it did for Kranjcar and Eduardo (well he`s Brasilan really anyway)

You realise that those articles say exactly what the Croatian ones do? Just because it's now in English, doesn't give it greater credibility, they've just done what we've done and got someone who speaks Croat to tell us what they say the only difference is that more people read their posts than whoever it was who wrote it on here and they're too up their own arse to acknowledge their sources.

Guest David Kelly

I fully expect Anal to be dismissing this in the Chronicle.  Probably after the Journal have run with the story!

I fully expect Anal to be dismissing this in the Chronicle.  Probably after the Journal have run with the story!

When you think about it Anal's policy of just dismissing everything is smart really. The odds of a transfer rumor being false is much higher than the odds of it being true, so just dismiss everything and you'll end up with a fairly high accuracy rate.

Much more effective than actually trying to start your own rumors. Less time-consuming too!  :rolleyes: