Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I think he's one of those that all the big clubs have looked at and would be tempted in but are reluctant. I agree with James, the bigger clubs may have either decided against it or they are going to swoop in last minute.

I'd like to KK asked about the situation, mind you KK keeps his cards close to his chest.

Despite all the linkages, I think Modric is more of a genuine Spurs/NUFC target, and a more speculative target of the bigger clubs.

I think that's probably right, which is why I'm cautiously optimistic that this story has something behind it.

I'm actually getting excited about this one, would be excellent to see us getting a quality deal done early on for a change.

Aye, the message that would put out would be massive. Our most important transfer of next season, potentially wrapped up this season.

12m would be a fucking bargain too. Just goes to show once again that british players are waaaay over priced, if it's true.

I'm actually getting excited about this one, would be excellent to see us getting a quality deal done early on for a change.

Aye, the message that would put out would be massive. Our most important transfer of next season, potentially wrapped up this season.

12m would be a fucking bargain too. Just goes to show once again that british players are waaaay over priced, if it's true.

This plus Owen resigned and we're cooking on gas. Might help to attract another couple of quality additions too.

You realise that those articles say exactly what the Croatian ones do? Just because it's now in English, doesn't give it greater credibility, they've just done what we've done and got someone who speaks Croat to tell us what they say the only difference is that more people read their posts than whoever it was who wrote it on here and they're too up their own arse to acknowledge their sources.

Actually they aren't exactly the same as the Croatian sources from what I can see.  None of the Croatian sources I read had the quotes the Sun has in.

transfer stories on SSN next up, mentions Modric

Already said it earlier mate. Just their round of transfer rumours basically.

Just saying that we are in poll position to sign him. Also says Chelsea will sign Ibrahimovic.

Unbeaten in six, same lineup every week, everyone is going to be satisfied regardless of results in next three games.

Nothing else to talk about, unless you want another thread about the bored.

Give me optimism over pessimism every time. I haven't got my hopes up over this, but will obviously be very intrigued if it comes off. I've seen Modric play about 3 times, though, so the only thing that will excite me is his reputation, the price and the fact that we're looking at his apparent calibre of player this summer.

Wonder where he would play should he sign. Where Barton does now?

Give me optimism over pessimism every time. I haven't got my hopes up over this, but will obviously be very intrigued if it comes off. I've seen Modric play about 3 times, though, so the only thing that will excite me is his reputation, the price and the fact that we're looking at his apparent calibre of player this summer.

Direct replacement for Geremi in my book. Unless Barton gets sent down.

Unbeaten in six, same lineup every week, everyone is going to be satisfied regardless of results in next three games.

Nothing else to talk about, unless you want another thread about the bored.

Not bad for you. ;)

Barton's got quite a defensive role at the moment, Modric is further forward usually. Probably where Owen is playing I think.

Barton's got quite a defensive role at the moment, Modric is further forward usually. Probably where Owen is playing I think.

Leave Owen where he is man. As i said, direct replacement for Geremi.

Leave Owen where he is man. As i said, direct replacement for Geremi.

I'm not suggesting Modric should replace Owen, I just think that's the position Modric would play naturally, just off the front two. Geremi's role is quite defensive as well, like Barton's. KK could be thinking of going back to 4-4-2 next season in any case.