Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

Guest Ian56

Barton had one decent season with Man City. Decent isn't good enough for Newcastle United if we intend to amount to anything. Bullard was an inspiration for Fulham and a major reason for them staying up. He's honest, passionate, reads the game well, can pass with style, play and go and isn't afraid to speak his mind. Stick a ball winner next to him with two zippy wingers on either side and we're rockin'  :pow:

Guest Jungle Barry

Joey Barton is our best central midfielder by an absolute street (not saying much I know but he's miles better than jimmy frigging bullard) and as such we need to seriously think what with talk of cost cutting and very little transfer funds whether or not we can afford to just bin a 6m pound footballer. Also factor in the money needed to purchase a suitable replacement and it all starts to get a bit expensive

Barton had one decent season with Man City. Decent isn't good enough for Newcastle United if we intend to amount to anything. Bullard was an inspiration for Fulham and a major reason for them staying up. He's honest, passionate, reads the game well, can pass with style, play and go and isn't afraid to speak his mind. Stick a ball winner next to him with two zippy wingers on either side and we're rockin'  :pow:

Bullard is fast becoming one of the most over-rated players in the country.

Joey Barton is our best central midfielder by an absolute street (not saying much I know but he's miles better than jimmy frigging bullard) and as such we need to seriously think what with talk of cost cutting and very little transfer funds whether or not we can afford to just bin a 6m pound footballer. Also factor in the money needed to purchase a suitable replacement and it all starts to get a bit expensive

no he's not. he has the talent and has done it at man city but hasn't shown it up here yet (and probably wont get the chance hopefully)

no he's not. he has the talent and has done it at man city but hasn't shown it up here yet (and probably wont get the chance hopefully)

Barton did put in some very good performances under Keegan tbf, and that was off the back of a broken foot injury that takes months to regain full fitness from.

Barton did put in some very good performances under Keegan tbf, and that was off the back of a broken foot injury that takes months to regain full fitness from.

no he didn't...he went from shite to abysmal then by the time we played fulham(home) he'd reached average and got better thereafter. and no point was he very good though he did improve massivly in that good run we had.

Shhh you're talking too much sense. The lynch mob will get upset at such level headedness.

Guest Ian56

Barton our best mid-fielder?  Well, I dunno. I'd go for Michael Owen considering how deep he played during our late run.  :crazy2: Sorry, but all I see when I saw Barton is an average joe schmoe. Hard working yes but little craft or vision in his game. If he was any good Man City wouldn't have got shot despite his behaviour on and off the pitch. Barton's problem is he's no longer seen as "just" a footballer any more.

Always liked Bullard. Impressed with him as a footballer and as a person. Each to their own but I know who I'd rather have in my team.

If Barton has served his stretch then under the law of the land then his slate is clean, He's paid for his crime.

Who really knows that the so called victims didn't have it coming to them and Barton was merely the hot head who dished out what they'd been asking for. That's not condoning merely presenting an alternative angle to the "burn him at the stake" brigade.

There are more violent people in football like Roy Keane, and as some pointed out earlier when Shearer was allegedly dishing out summary justice it was more a case of "go on wor Al give them what they've been asking for "

Barton ended last season looking like a very good player, we either keep him or get a fair market price for him.

Talk of sacking him is stupidity.

If Barton has served his stretch then under the law of the land then his slate is clean, He's paid for his crime.

Who really knows that the so called victims didn't have it coming to them and Barton was merely the hot head who dished out what they'd been asking for. That's not condoning merely presenting an alternative angle to the "burn him at the stake" brigade.

Their are more violent people in football like Roy Keane, and as some pointed out earlier when Shearer was allegedly dishing out summary justice it was more a case of "go on wor Al give them what they've been asking for "

Barton ended last season looking like a very good player, we either keep him or get a fair market price for him.

wasn't the point of the court cases to ascertain if those others had it coming ?

Their are more violent people in football like Roy Keane, and as some pointed out earlier when Shearer was allegedly dishing out summary justice it was more a case of "go on wor Al give them what they've been asking for "

wasn't the point of the court cases to ascertain if those others had it coming ?

Not really cos even if they did have it coming it's still against the law to assault them.

The court found him guilty - not surprisingly. The judge sentenced him. He is serving his time. That's justice - like it or not.

It's ran it's course so now the lynch mob should retire. There'll be another story along soon to take their attention.

Not really cos even if they did have it coming it's still against the law to assault them.

The court found him guilty - not surprisingly. The judge sentenced him. He is serving his time. That's justice - like it or not.

It's ran it's course so now the lynch mob should retire. There'll be another story along soon to take their attention.

but provocation etc is taken into consideration.

Guest Ian56

There are more violent people in football like Roy Keane, and as some pointed out earlier when Shearer was allegedly dishing out summary justice it was more a case of "go on wor Al give them what they've been asking for "

Maybe the lynch mob are considering more than just the circumstances regarding one player. Maybe they're looking at the overall picture and status of the club as a whole. Maybe they don't fancy supporting someone who acts like a thug and a coward. Despite serving his time his slate isn't clean. That's the problem. This is about Barton's character and disgusting lack of professional judgement and common sense. In any other walk of life he'd be sacked and out on his ear without fail for his crime. Our billionaire chairman has now got to decide where he wants to take this club. Take the financial loss or retain the player with all the resultant crapola that will follow. New Board, new Chairman, new Manager, new attitude and new beginnings - sod that.

After consideration and despite deep reservations I think Barton will still be a Newcastle player come August.

He might have "paid his debt", but what happens if we keep him and he does something like this again. I'd say the likelihood is high.

Then, further damage to the club's reputation, more money wasted, hole in central midfield etc etc

And we've become known as a club that signs cuntish players no one likes, which has got to have an adverse effect on our revenue (TV, merchandising. Time for that to change.

I'm not up on some moralising soap box here, but I hope we find some way to lose the twat.

I can't remember Shearer or Keane beating the s*** out of people as they lay on the floor. It's not a good comparison.

Neil Lennon's face disagrees.

Shearer didn't go for him repeatedly like Barton to Dabo and that kid, did he? Anyway if he did that all the time i'm pretty sure people would have a major problem. How many chances is Barton supposed to get? The cigar in the eye, the taxi incident, running someone over, Dabo, the kid outside McDonalds, who would honestly trust him to not get in trouble again?

Guest Heneage

If its me, you do exactly what we did with Geremi and N'zogbia.

You find him an older player, possibly Butt being the Manchester thing. And you basically box the lad up, get his mates to come to him, settle him down, if he comes back and you go "Right o Joey off to Tiger Tiger" he'll do it again he needs a mentor.

Tony Adams had a problem with alcohol. He wasn't violent, but I would rather be beaten up outside McDonald's than ploughed down by a drunk driver. Still, I suppose Arsenal fans were glad in the end that their manager didn't react to the "outrage" at the time and sack him.

Guest MagFinnPie

well said Benwell Lad  O0

fuck off lynch mob, and let Joey to return and show his passion in the field, i'm sure none of the lads in the dressing room are opposing him, neither is KK

Show them what you're made of Scouse C**t  :thup:

Guest thenorthumbrian

How did Dabo have it coming ?

Being continuously beaten even after he'd lost conciousness.

Barton is vermin. 

Let him come back and let his footballing do the talking.

However, he really needs to keep his head down and focus on his career.  One more incident and i think he is finished regardless if its his fault or not.

Play your football, go home and stay out of city centres.