Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

I hope we hang on to him and reform him.

So many people were saying not so long ago why has football turned its back on Gazza? The same Gazza who admittedly beat his ex wife while struggling with demons within himself, leading to drink and drugs.

Is Gazza special because he's funnier or was a better talent?

Joey Barton needs help, he's getting it and since he's been getting it he's controlled himself on and off the pitch. This last 12 months have been truly shocking and low for him, but if we turn our back on him whats to say these incidents will ever stop? A lot of people feel he doesn't deserve another chance, and i get that, but the way some go on about him you'd think he'd killed someone or fiddled a child. He's paying for his crime, and now its up to him to pay back the support we've already shown, and possibly prove he's worthy of future support from the club and its fans, if so, and the club decide he's worth another shot then good luck to him and to us, lets hope the bad boy days are properly behind him now, its his last chance at the very top, blow this one and he's gone.

if joey barton was a shelf stacker in tescos you'd say "tough f***ing s*** for being an arse...you don't deserve yet another chance...how the hell d'you get away with a suspended sentence scum thug"

If barton was a shelf stacker he wouldn't have got the aggro he gets out on the piss for being famous.

Especially in Liverpool, especially since his half bro killed someone.

he'll get that all the time...how many chances does he get.

my opinion is he's a bloke who wants to do the right thing,he's great with the kids and charities etc but has such a low set off point that in my experience,he'll find it very hard to change,if not impossible till he has more to lose.

I think being in jail is enough, i hope its enough, for eveyone's sake. He's not wanting to be a career criminal, so he will want to avoid going back there for the rest of his life. The club will have him curfewed to death, thats not including being tagged for a couple of years no doubt. He'll be attending the sporting chance clinic, as well as anger management, he's going to get every last bit of support and help you could possibly get, if that isn't enough then yeah, there really is no saving him. But i think we should offer him that chance, if he's willing to take a pay cut showing his willingness, even if its not half, its symbolic enough for me to say OK, you've got one last chance, do it.

hope you are right.....i;m not holding my breath

So many people were saying not so long ago why has football turned its back on Gazza? The same Gazza who admittedly beat his ex wife while struggling with demons within himself, leading to drink and drugs.

Joey Barton needs help, he's getting it and since he's been getting it he's controlled himself on and off the pitch. This last 12 months have been truly shocking and low for him, but if we turn our back on him whats to say these incidents will ever stop? A lot of people feel he doesn't deserve another chance, and i get that, but the way some go on about him you'd think he'd killed someone or fiddled a child. He's paying for his crime, and now its up to him to pay back the support we've already shown, and possibly prove he's worthy of future support from the club and its fans, if so, and the club decide he's worth another shot then good luck to him and to us, lets hope the bad boy days are properly behind him now, its his last chance at the very top, blow this one and he's gone.

if joey barton was a shelf stacker in tescos you'd say "tough f***ing s*** for being an arse...you don't deserve yet another chance...how the hell d'you get away with a suspended sentence scum thug"

If barton was a shelf stacker he wouldn't have got the aggro he gets out on the piss for being famous.

my opinion is he's a bloke who wants to do the right thing,he's great with the kids and charities etc but has such a low set off point that in my experience,he'll find it very hard to change,if not impossible till he has more to lose.

I think being in jail is enough, i hope its enough, for eveyone's sake. He's not wanting to be a career criminal, so he will want to avoid going back there for the rest of his life. The club will have him curfewed to death, thats not including being tagged for a couple of years no doubt. He'll be attending the sporting chance clinic, as well as anger management, he's going to get every last bit of support and help you could possibly get, if that isn't enough then yeah, there really is no saving him. But i think we should offer him that chance, if he's willing to take a pay cut showing his willingness, even if its not half, its symbolic enough for me to say OK, you've got one last chance, do it.

I can totally understand why, as I can also understand why people have had enough and are ready to turn their backs on him. He's only himself to blame, lets hope he knows that, realises it, and decides it will not happen again.

For me he was very good in our winning run, a full season of that would be a great start, but i reckon he's got even more than that in him to give, and the way he restrained himself (because he's become a target to wind up) but still applied himself was nothing short of excellent too.

I'd be quite annoyed if the club bow down to the media pressure to sack him now, i personally don't think they will, even if its to get him back on tract and sell him this time next year, if he stays out of trouble and maintains form, he'll fetch a good price.

I can totally understand why, as I can also understand why people have had enough and are ready to turn their backs on him. He's only himself to blame, lets hope he knows that, realises it, and decides it will not happen again.

For me he was very good in our winning run, a full season of that would be a great start, but i reckon he's got even more than that in him to give, and the way he restrained himself (because he's become a target to wind up) but still applied himself was nothing short of excellent too.

I'd be quite annoyed if the club bow down to the media pressure to sack him now, i personally don't think they will, even if its to get him back on tract and sell him this time next year, if he stays out of trouble and maintains form, he'll fetch a good price.

i don't think he was very good....just much better than earlier on and i know he is better than that but considering he was already on an assault charge after previous aswell the liverpool city centre thing was a final straw for me.

Nope, total waste of space aswell. Maybe some Newcastle fans love him because he was such a good player and was a geordie, not being from Newcastle myself the geordie thing doesnt have an effect to me, so i just see him as the twat that he is.

Nope, total waste of space aswell. Maybe some Newcastle fans love him because he was such a good player and was a geordie, not being from Newcastle myself the geordie thing doesnt have an effect to me, so i just see him as the t*** that he is.

Gazza's got worse as he's got older.  When he first broke into the toon first team he came across as a canny lad, a good laugh not a nutter (I can remember him on Football Focus waving around a mars bar when they ribbed him about his weight).  He seemed to start going downhill after the injury for Spurs in the FA Cup vs Forest, the process accelerating through wife beating, divorce and hitting rock bottom when he quit football. 

You can call him many things - mentally ill, insecure, attention seeking, desperate to be loved, a wasted talent, alcoholic - but I don't think he's a twat.  I can understand why people may not like him, given his media profile and the chances he's wasted, but if anything he deserves pity not hatred imo.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/7489950.stm

Footballer hit man with handbag 

A Championship footballer has been fined £1,350 after hitting a nightclub doorman with his girlfriend's handbag in Plymouth last November.

Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Sylvan Ebanks-Blake pleaded guilty to causing actual bodily harm and a public order offence outside the Candy Store club.

The court heard Greg Smith, 37, suffered a 3in (7.6cm) cut to his head.

The former Plymouth Argyle player was told he was of previous good character and given credit for pleading guilty.

The 22-year-old striker, of Renaissance Gardens, Plymouth, was a member of the Plymouth Argyle squad at the time of the incident.

He was ejected from the Candy Store with friends at about 0400 GMT on 11 November and an argument started on the pavement outside.

Prosecuting barrister David Gittins said CCTV footage showed Ebanks-Blake holding "something over his head" which he hit the doorman with.

He said: "It was his girlfriend's handbag. Having been ejected from the club there was a fracas. We do not know what was in the handbag.

"There was a two to three inch cut on the man's head."

At Plymouth Crown Court, Judge Francis Gilbert QC said he was a man of previous good character and gave him credit for pleading guilty.

Ebanks-Blake was also ordered to pay compensation of £500 and prosecution costs of £650.

Nope, total waste of space aswell. Maybe some Newcastle fans love him because he was such a good player and was a geordie, not being from Newcastle myself the geordie thing doesnt have an effect to me, so i just see him as the t*** that he is.

Gazza's got worse as he's got older.  When he first broke into the toon first team he came across as a canny lad, a good laugh not a nutter (I can remember him on Football Focus waving around a mars bar when they ribbed him about his weight).  He seemed to start going downhill after the injury for Spurs in the FA Cup vs Forest, the process accelerating through wife beating, divorce and hitting rock bottom when he quit football. 

You can call him many things - mentally ill, insecure, attention seeking, desperate to be loved, a wasted talent, alcoholic - but I don't think he's a twat.  I can understand why people may not like him, given his media profile and the chances he's wasted, but if anything he deserves pity not hatred imo.

used to think gazza was a twat of the highest order, bit like i hated chris waddles fucking rabbit bullshit and his mullets i hated gazza clowning about and wearing fake tits and that...almost like he was setting an example of our region at times, and not a desirable one

however once the depth of his mental health problems became clear for anyone to still deem him a twat is harsh to the extreme

just hope fuckpigs like chris evans and danny baker get some coming their way for jumping on his fame for their own needs

Guest Phil K

Saw the video of the incident.

He acted like a psychopath. Even one of his scumbag mates was trying to pull him away.

But he's a shining example of the scumbag nutter who gets away with it time and time and time and time again.

including gazza in a thread about joey barton is laughable imo. completely different characters, barton's 'mistakes' tend to lead to someone else being physically hurt. gazza's never been like that, there were a couple of silly challenges but show me a pro footballer who hasnt made a few.

including gazza in a thread about joey barton is laughable imo. completely different characters, barton's 'mistakes' tend to lead to someone else being physically hurt. gazza's never been like that, there were a couple of silly challenges but show me a pro footballer who hasnt made a few.

I'm sure Sheryl would disagree.

I'm sure Sheryl would disagree.

out of genuine interest, was he tried and found guilty of that?

Guest elbee909

He acted like a psychopath. Even one of his scumbag mates was trying to pull him away.

But he's a shining example of the scumbag nutter who gets away with it time and time and time and time again.

Personally think people like that eventually find himself out of their depth and having seven shades of shit kicked out of them - usually when they try to take the piss with someone a bit more capable than they are.

psychopath ? he acted like thousands of other arseholes up and down the country every night.

I agree with the second part 100% though.

Guest johnson293

From the BBC gossip column....

Sam Allardyce fears Joey Barton could become suicidal if Newcastle sack him. (News of the World)

Well Sam, if your so concerened over Joeys future well being, you could do him and us a favour....

Sam Allardyce could return to management with Spanish side Real Mallorca if former Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd is successful with a takeover bid. (The People)

:smug:

Sam Allardyce fears Joey Barton could become suicidal if Newcastle sack him. (News of the World)

Well Sam, if your so concerened over Joeys future well being, you could do him and us a favour....

Sam Allardyce could return to management with Spanish side Real Mallorca if former Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd is successful with a takeover bid. (The People)

Just saw that - was wondering whether Allardyce had a psychiatry degree to go with the rest of his scientific methods? Poor form to say that in the press, probably poor form to say it in private too. And he's the type of arsehole who'd stand up and say "I told you so" if it happened (God forbid)

But on the lighter side, just imagine if Freddy and Big Sam set up shop on a Spanish island paradise, luring proper players like Barton, Smith and Duff :lol:

Which begs the question - Souness as ass manager?  mackems.gif

All very well coming from someone who's limited man-management skills probably provoked Barton into going out on the lash in the first place.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3781297,00.html

Former Newcastle United boss Sam Allardyce has appealed to the club not to sack Joey Barton, despite his two recent convictions.

Allardyce was the manager who brought Barton to St James' Park from Manchester City a year ago, and fears the midfielder could spiral into severe depression and even contemplate suicide if he is kicked out of the game.

Barton, 25, last week was given a four-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, for assaulting former City team-mate Ousmane Dabo during a training ground incident.

He is also already serving a jail term for punching a man in Liverpool. But despite this conviction, Allardyce, sacked by Newcastle in January, took a chance on the one-time England international by shelling out £5.8million on him last summer.

Repercussions

In his column for Middle East newspaper, The National, Allardyce has also defended his decision to sign Barton and warned there could be long-term repercussions if the midfielder is axed now.

"If Newcastle sack him, then it will be another punishment and defeat the objective of Joey trying to put things right and become a better person," he said.

"It could also be dangerous to take away football from him. He is a complete football man. His life revolves around it, there's nothing else.

"Without it he could re-offend and, even worse, go into a depression.

"We've had people in the past committing suicide because they could not cope with life after professional football. Dave Clement, who was with me at Bolton, was one at 34 and it's very sad when something like that happens.

"If Newcastle keep Joey, this is the last chance for him."

Re-offending

Allardyce added: "When I signed Joey I knew about his troubles. I had asked about him and I asked him directly.

"He told me he was working on his problems, like alcohol, and getting expert help at the Sporting Chance clinic.

"There is no question he has ability, but that won't make any difference if he cannot control himself off the pitch.

"He has to gain everyone's trust again - not only as a footballer, but also as a person."

Guest johnson293

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3781297,00.html

Former Newcastle United boss Sam Allardyce has appealed to the club not to sack Joey Barton, despite his two recent convictions.

Allardyce was the manager who brought Barton to St James' Park from Manchester City a year ago, and fears the midfielder could spiral into severe depression and even contemplate suicide if he is kicked out of the game.

Barton, 25, last week was given a four-month prison sentence, suspended for two years, for assaulting former City team-mate Ousmane Dabo during a training ground incident.

He is also already serving a jail term for punching a man in Liverpool. But despite this conviction, Allardyce, sacked by Newcastle in January, took a chance on the one-time England international by shelling out £5.8million on him last summer.

Repercussions

In his column for Middle East newspaper, The National, Allardyce has also defended his decision to sign Barton and warned there could be long-term repercussions if the midfielder is axed now.

"If Newcastle sack him, then it will be another punishment and defeat the objective of Joey trying to put things right and become a better person," he said.

"It could also be dangerous to take away football from him. He is a complete football man. His life revolves around it, there's nothing else.

"Without it he could re-offend and, even worse, go into a depression.

"We've had people in the past committing suicide because they could not cope with life after professional football. Dave Clement, who was with me at Bolton, was one at 34 and it's very sad when something like that happens.

"If Newcastle keep Joey, this is the last chance for him."

Re-offending

Allardyce added: "When I signed Joey I knew about his troubles. I had asked about him and I asked him directly.

"He told me he was working on his problems, like alcohol, and getting expert help at the Sporting Chance clinic.

"There is no question he has ability, but that won't make any difference if he cannot control himself off the pitch.

"He has to gain everyone's trust again - not only as a footballer, but also as a person."

Is that not what we did last summer? Give him a second chance after the misdemeanors at Man City?

Yet he still wnet out last December, and ended up getting locked up over the new year, and missing football matches that Allardyce claims are so important to him!!

Also wondering why Allardyce has a column in a Middle East newspaper??!!

Allardyce is such a cock, using Barton's mental frailty as a weapon to guilt trip his former employers into keeping one of the biggest liabilities he recruited in his time here. It's puerile behaviour from Allardyce...a bit like a failed art school teacher saying the pile of horse shit his student left in the middle of the gallery is "art" and nobody should remove it as it would be an act of cultural vandalism. No it wouldn't, it would simply be cleaning up a stinking mess that should never have been allowed there in the first place. :hmm:

Allardyce is such a cock, using Barton's mental frailty as a weapon to guilt trip his former employers into keeping one of the biggest liabilities he recruited in his time here. It's puerile behaviour from Allardyce...a bit like a failed art school teacher saying the pile of horse shit his student left in the middle of the gallery is "art" and nobody should remove it as it would be an act of cultural vandalism. No it wouldn't, it would simply be cleaning up a stinking mess that should never have been allowed there in the first place. :hmm:

:clap:

Egg-fucking-zackly