Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

Guest Heneage

Dabo can fuck off, he's an arsehole always has been, shit for City, poor for Lazio, I look forward to Juventus massacrign them in Serie A again.

and as for "Joey cant pass" Blackburn at home he was nigh only one creating for at the time the wasteful Michael Owen.

'I am happy at Lazio, and I do not think I am cut out for the Premier  League.

'At Manchester City I injured my knee, I got a three-match ban soon after I arrived, and I got attacked.

'Then to finish things off I ended up with Sven Goran Eriksson as my manager -  and he never played me for a single minute.' 

Where's that violin?

:lol:

Guest Jungle Barry

Joey Barton is our best central midfielder by an absolute street (not saying much I know but he's miles better than jimmy frigging bullard) and as such we need to seriously think what with talk of cost cutting and very little transfer funds whether or not we can afford to just bin a 6m pound footballer. Also factor in the money needed to purchase a suitable replacement and it all starts to get a bit expensive

You're basing this on what exactly?

It must be his performances at Man City as he was abysmal for us bar two or three games at the end of the season. Nicky Butt contributed much much more than him last season.

Do you honestly think he's worth £6M now? We'd be lucky to get £2M for him.

Ok, perhaps I should have explained myself a bit better. I reckon that up against the rest of our central midfield Ie. Geremi, Smith(!) & Butt, Joey Barton is number one pick.

Reasons: Smith is a no brainer, I'm not even sure he's a footballer and I think most if not all of you will agree. It's fairly plain to see that as Mourinho said to Sir Bob that Geremi is past it and certainly not a long term solution. I agree Butt has been excellent but he's not your box to box engine room midfielder that we really lack and again due to his age is not a long term solution. Barton when on form is an excellent choice for that position and if he's allowed to get his head down and get on with it I think he'll prove it.

Seriously if we're left with those three as our centre mid options then we may as well prepare for the championship because between them they haven't got either enough left in the tank or ability as footballers.

Sorry for the long post

Guest jda3000

I think we should keep him, try our chances on reducing his wages.  But has anyone thought that the guys he beat up actually deserved it?

I think we should keep him, try our chances on reducing his wages.  But has anyone thought that the guys he beat up actually deserved it?

No. There's no excuse for carrying on hitting someone after they've gone down, unless they've raped you or something like that.

Guest LucaAltieri

No. There's no excuse for carrying on hitting someone after they've gone down, unless they've raped you or something like that.

There's an excuse for just about anything.

well if we do keep him, it's certainly one of those 'dare to be great' situations. it could finally make him as a player, or it could go tits up like another 'dare to be great' situation, ie - bellamy /riise/golf clubs, yup bellamy blew it.

Guest jda3000

Yea your right there, i apologise

How will the fans react if he plays and is on the ball? I hope they boo the cunt to high heaven. I never want to see him play for us again soley for the fact that he was fucking garbage last season and is exactly the kind of thug i despise.

How will the fans react if he plays and is on the ball? I hope they boo the cunt to high heaven. I never want to see him play for us again soley for the fact that he was fucking garbage last season and is exactly the kind of thug i despise.

No one is talking about this any more, we've announced a signing just as the pressure was building to get rid of him [/cynic]

That was my initial response after seeing what he did with my own eyes, but now I think I just won't applaud him.

I just think people are over reacting.  If it was your family member who got into a fight for a particular reason would you be like this?  He must have to put up with some shit he is bount to flip people should not wind him up. 

Anyway I think he is our best midfielder and still has lots to show so would be stupid to get rid and even more stupid to boo him!

How will the fans react if he plays and is on the ball? I hope they boo the c*** to high heaven. I never want to see him play for us again soley for the fact that he was f***ing garbage last season and is exactly the kind of thug i despise.

That was my initial response after seeing what he did with my own eyes, but now I think I just won't applaud him.

been there with bowyer in a way. i can't chant his name but will give it "go on"s when he is attacking (can't help it). i'll be objective about his performances like i always am about them all.

I just think people are over reacting.  If it was your family member who got into a fight for a particular reason would you be like this?  He must have to put up with some shit he is bount to flip people should not wind him up. 

Anyway I think he is our best midfielder and still has lots to show so would be stupid to get rid and even more stupid to boo him!

Aye, but not as stupid as what you've just written there.

He was out of the piss in Liverpool, and I seem to recall he'd been told by Allardyce not to do that, but he'd ignored the boss and decided to indulge in binge drinking (the sign of a true professional that, you have to say...) and then he loses control of himself and has a go at someone who noised him up in the street. It's also particularly delightful to see the scum he's hanging around with joining in the battering. Truly sickening when you think this lowlife is earning more in a week than most people on here will do in a couple of years.  But...oh noes...he's our best player. Is he fuck! He constantly flatters to deceive (sorry but that point has been made in this thread countless times so I won't guild the lily there) - he's not worth the pay, he's been given countless numbers of "second chances" and he brings shame upon the name of the club and the game. I'm all for packing him off to Rangers in a 2 for 1 deal myself - him and Smith for Cuellar. Let the pair of those rotten, good for nothing arses play for a team supported by monkeys of a similar calibre.

I just think people are over reacting.  If it was your family member who got into a fight for a particular reason would you be like this?  He must have to put up with some s*** he is bount to flip people should not wind him up. 

Aye, but not as stupid as what you've just written there.

He was out of the piss in Liverpool, and I seem to recall he'd been told by Allardyce not to do that, but he'd ignored the boss and decided to indulge in binge drinking (the sign of a true professional that, you have to say...) and then he loses control of himself and has a go at someone who noised him up in the street. It's also particularly delightful to see the scum he's hanging around with joining in the battering. Truly sickening when you think this lowlife is earning more in a week than most people on here will do in a couple of years.  But...oh noes...he's our best player. Is he f***! He constantly flatters to deceive (sorry but that point has been made in this thread countless times so I won't guild the lily there) - he's not worth the pay, he's been given countless numbers of "second chances" and he brings shame upon the name of the club and the game. I'm all for packing him off to Rangers in a 2 for 1 deal myself - him and Smith for Cuellar. Let the pair of those rotten, good for nothing arses play for a team supported by monkeys of a similar calibre.

now and again on here you get a pure blinding flash of brilliant light thinking.

GM if you want to go out on a high (unlikely i know) you ought to consider deleting your account after that. go out on the highest of highs dude.

I hope we hang on to him and reform him.

So many people were saying not so long ago why has football turned its back on Gazza? The same Gazza who admittedly beat his ex wife while struggling with demons within himself, leading to drink and drugs.

Is Gazza special because he's funnier or was a better talent?

Joey Barton needs help, he's getting it and since he's been getting it he's controlled himself on and off the pitch. This last 12 months have been truly shocking and low for him, but if we turn our back on him whats to say these incidents will ever stop? A lot of people feel he doesn't deserve another chance, and i get that, but the way some go on about him you'd think he'd killed someone or fiddled a child. He's paying for his crime, and now its up to him to pay back the support we've already shown, and possibly prove he's worthy of future support from the club and its fans, if so, and the club decide he's worth another shot then good luck to him and to us, lets hope the bad boy days are properly behind him now, its his last chance at the very top, blow this one and he's gone.

So many people were saying not so long ago why has football turned its back on Gazza? The same Gazza who admittedly beat his ex wife while struggling with demons within himself, leading to drink and drugs.

Joey Barton needs help, he's getting it and since he's been getting it he's controlled himself on and off the pitch. This last 12 months have been truly shocking and low for him, but if we turn our back on him whats to say these incidents will ever stop? A lot of people feel he doesn't deserve another chance, and i get that, but the way some go on about him you'd think he'd killed someone or fiddled a child. He's paying for his crime, and now its up to him to pay back the support we've already shown, and possibly prove he's worthy of future support from the club and its fans, if so, and the club decide he's worth another shot then good luck to him and to us, lets hope the bad boy days are properly behind him now, its his last chance at the very top, blow this one and he's gone.

if joey barton was a shelf stacker in tescos you'd say "tough f***ing s*** for being an arse...you don't deserve yet another chance...how the hell d'you get away with a suspended sentence scum thug"

if joey barton was a shelf stacker in tescos you'd say "tough f***ing s*** for being an arse...you don't deserve yet another chance...how the hell d'you get away with a suspended sentence scum thug"

If barton was a shelf stacker he wouldn't have got the aggro he gets out on the piss for being famous.

Especially in Liverpool, especially since his half bro killed someone.

If barton was a shelf stacker he wouldn't have got the aggro he gets out on the piss for being famous.

he'll get that all the time...how many chances does he get.

my opinion is he's a bloke who wants to do the right thing,he's great with the kids and charities etc but has such a low set off point that in my experience,he'll find it very hard to change,if not impossible till he has more to lose.

I'm all for packing him off to Rangers in a 2 for 1 deal myself - him and Smith for Cuellar. Let the pair of those rotten, good for nothing arses play for a team supported by monkeys of a similar calibre.

now and again on here you get a pure blinding flash of brilliant light thinking.

GM if you want to go out on a high (unlikely i know) you ought to consider deleting your account after that. go out on the highest of highs dude.

:lol: :nope: You just want rid of me.

I'm all for packing him off to Rangers in a 2 for 1 deal myself - him and Smith for Cuellar. Let the pair of those rotten, good for nothing arses play for a team supported by monkeys of a similar calibre.

:lol: :nope: You just want rid of me.

that obvious  eh ? ;D

in all serios though, a blindingly bwwwilliant idea if the gers would fall for it.

he'll get that all the time...how many chances does he get.

my opinion is he's a bloke who wants to do the right thing,he's great with the kids and charities etc but has such a low set off point that in my experience,he'll find it very hard to change,if not impossible till he has more to lose.

I think being in jail is enough, i hope its enough, for eveyone's sake. He's not wanting to be a career criminal, so he will want to avoid going back there for the rest of his life. The club will have him curfewed to death, thats not including being tagged for a couple of years no doubt. He'll be attending the sporting chance clinic, as well as anger management, he's going to get every last bit of support and help you could possibly get, if that isn't enough then yeah, there really is no saving him. But i think we should offer him that chance, if he's willing to take a pay cut showing his willingness, even if its not half, its symbolic enough for me to say OK, you've got one last chance, do it.