Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

This was meant to Barton's 'last' chance, when he came here. Him fucking that up helped to get Allardyce sacked imo.

How many more does he get?

The question is whether he has the capability to change. I don't think he does and I don't think he really wants to. IMO we don't need to be associated with the likes of him and we should as painlessly as possible get rid.

This was meant to Barton's 'last' chance, when he came here. Him f***ing that up helped to get Allardyce sacked imo.

The question is whether he has the capability to change. I don't think he does and I don't think he really wants to. IMO we don't need to be associated with the likes of him and we should as painlessly as possible get rid.

On what are you basing that assumption? From what you have read in the press, there is a whole thread devoted to what people think of them or have you spoken to him or his therapists councillors or whoever it is treating him for his anger management.

This was meant to Barton's 'last' chance, when he came here. Him f***ing that up helped to get Allardyce sacked imo.

On what are you basing that assumption? From what you have read in the press, there is a whole thread devoted to what people think of them or have you spoken to him or his therapists councillors or whoever it is treating him for his anger management.

Nobody has. Not even KK... So whats the point?

I would be very surprised if KK and other people at the club have not before making their decision.

The point is that its assumption that he does not want to change, how do you know??

Whether he can change is another matter but you cant say he doesnt want to without the facts.

greydos:

you're forgetting modric and dos santos - even forgetting them barton isn't a good enough passer of the ball for that team, huddlestone brings as much as barton to a game in a different way, taino is probably as good a player too

reo-coker is a better box to box player, i wasn't forgetting barry i was counting him but i think JB's about a par with petrov

west ham, alright then

everton cahill and arteta...! 

blackburn OK

man city what about fernandes, he's better than JB for me

i don't reckon he was half as good as you're making out either, someone else said it but he raised his game from utter s**** to decent IMO, to good if you're being generous

greydos:

you're forgetting modric and dos santos - even forgetting them barton isn't a good enough passer of the ball for that team, huddlestone brings as much as barton to a game in a different way, taino is probably as good a player too

reo-coker is a better box to box player, i wasn't forgetting barry i was counting him but i think JB's about a par with petrov

west ham, alright then

everton cahill and arteta...! 

blackburn OK

man city what about fernandes, he's better than JB for me

i don't reckon he was half as good as you're making out either, someone else said it but he raised his game from utter s**** to decent IMO, to good if you're being generous

I included Cahill at Everton, but Carsley/Gravesen and Neville also played CM for them last year in a midfield 3. Arteta was wide right so unfair to compare. Same with tainio who spent his season wide left when malbranque didn't play (tainio's poo anyway).

I went to the Reading game last season and, from that point onwards JB showed real class. Great passing off the outside of his right foot for Martins was a ball he played with repeated success. His engine is brilliant. I hope we keep him, and we can have this debate at this time next season. I think he'll do well.

Barton's involvement with Sporting Chance surely shows a willingness to change? If he flat out didn't want to even try, he wouldn't be affiliated with them.

Barton's involvement with Sporting Chance surely shows a willingness to change? If he flat out didn't want to even try, he wouldn't be affiliated with them.

didn't he have to go as a condition of his bail ?

He's been involved with them for ages, a good couple of years at least. Remember seeing him on Focus (fishing?) and talking about the charity a lot.

Seem to remember the bail condition relating to him having to report in at the clinic, or to Peter Kay's local cop shop, or something? Not sure....

Guest thenorthumbrian

He's been involved with them for ages, a good couple of years at least. Remember seeing him on Focus (fishing?) and talking about the charity a lot.

Seem to remember the bail condition relating to him having to report in at the clinic, or to Peter Kay's local cop shop, or something? Not sure....

So the advice they gave wasn't to beat someone unconcious outside a mcdonalds at 5 in the morning after being on the piss' all day, despite Newcastle being in the middle of a hard run of games ?

I am surprised.

So the advice they gave wasn't to beat someone unconcious outside a mcdonalds at 5 in the morning after being on the piss' all day, despite Newcastle being in the middle of a hard run of games ?

I am surprised.

Not as simple as that though, is it? The boy isn't right in the head, that's why he went there in the first place.

I don't think the annoyance of bad press reaction should be a factor, we're always going to get bad press for whatever happens. Nor does it really make a difference.

He'll be ridicules/booed at all away games so depends how this affects his performance. Seems to be the kind of player who gets riled (mooning away fans) so might be a bit of a problem.

He did perform pretty well after KK returned. I think a lot depends on what Keegan makes of him now. From a moral point of view I'd like to see him gone as he's a twat but, that said, right now we don't really have anything better in central midfield. Woul dbe a different situation if he was a squad player but he is a first teamer whether we like it or not so, while I don't like him, if he performs in the black and white next year I won't begrudge him for it. But any more offences and he's got to go. It seems that's the approach they're taking, hopefully that will keep him on the straight and narrow for a while.

I'm not defending Barton here by any means, I'm still very much undecided on him but what I will say is that a lot of people here seem to think that he won't change.

It's probably because the majority on here seem to be around his age or younger but Barton will mature, we all do, I know when I think back to my early 20's I cringe at some of the things I did (nothing like what Barton's done, I hasten to add, I'm not the violent type). But at that age we think we are all grown up and know everything, it's natural, we are not kids anymore so surely we are mature adults. Well there's still an awful lot to learn for most of us, I know I really didn't 'grow up' until I was 30. Without sounding like your dad or headmaster, all I'm saying is he'll change and hopefully for his sake mature and the time in jail could act as a reminder to him that such behaviour is unacceptable.

Guest thenorthumbrian

Keep him, we can always use him to scare the charvers away from outside the ground on match day.

That rules out his family, then.

I'm not defending Barton here by any means, I'm still very much undecided on him but what I will say is that a lot of people here seem to think that he won't change.

It's probably because the majority on here seem to be around his age or younger but Barton will mature, we all do, I know when I think back to my early 20's I cringe at some of the things I did (nothing like what Barton's done, I hasten to add, I'm not the violent type). But at that age we think we are all grown up and know everything, it's natural, we are not kids anymore so surely we are mature adults. Well there's still an awful lot to learn for most of us, I know I really didn't 'grow up' until I was 30. Without sounding like your dad or headmaster, all I'm saying is he'll change and hopefully for his sake mature and the time in jail could act as a reminder to him that such behaviour is unacceptable.

so maybe by his mid-thirties he may have grown out of being a thug ? OK we'd best keep him till then .

Whilst we were on our unbeaten run nobody said anything bad about barton, or getting rid of him. Now he gets sentenced for something he did BEFORE that run and we all want him out? What a bunch of h8tuz!!

Whilst we were on our unbeaten run nobody said anything bad about barton, or getting rid of him. Now he gets sentenced for something he did BEFORE that run and we all want him out? What a bunch of h8tuz!!

tbf i said sack him as soon as he got found guilty first time round. until then he was innocent until proven.

I bet you everything I own that that's not fucking true, for starters.

He was acceptable during that run but still was offering nothing special at all.

so maybe by his mid-thirties he may have grown out of being a thug ? OK we'd best keep him till then .

LoL, hopefully he'll mature a little earlier than I, a spell behind bars may push forward that maturing process.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/sport/football/article-1031233/Dabo-launches-vitriolic-attack-cowardly-Barton-calls-Newcastle-sack-him.html?ITO=1490

"English clubs teach you lots of lessons, but in this case they truly lack ethics and morals.

'Newcastle have invested a lot in this guy, and they do not want to lose a lot  of money. The club does not care a damn about the law - and it shocks me."

Why doesn't Dabo shut the fuck up and wait to see what the club does? Big jesse. How does the club not care what the law is? Are we legally obliged to sack him?