Joey Barton is a very naughty boy. Discuss.

Fugazi

Denied early release, has to stay in for another month. Which means he will miss the start of the season.

Good. Bad.

It's bad regardless of whether we want to keep him. Having him out is far better for selling him and obviously we need him back in training if we want to keep him.

I just hope Keegan and co are prepared for the new season, whatever they decide.

If Mutu has to pay Chelsea the mega millions that he has been ordered to  then lets sack Barton & seek millions from him. If not, lets keep him because it pointless NUFC taking the moral high ground & some other club then picks him up for nowt.

If Mutu has to pay Chelsea the mega millions that he has been ordered to  then lets sack Barton & seek millions from him. If not, lets keep him because it pointless NUFC taking the moral high ground & some other club then picks him up for nowt.

Not for the first time (and more than likely not for the last time) the two cases/situations are totally different.

Not for the first time (and more than likely not for the last time) the two cases/situations are totally different.

Yeah I know we haven't sacked Barton for starters. It also not 100% that Mutu will have to pay any coin back whatsoever.

Yeah I know we haven't sacked Barton for starters. It also not 100% that Mutu will have to pay any coin back whatsoever.

Even if Mutu does end up having to pay up, its totally different were we to sack Barton.

Even if Mutu does end up having to pay up, its totally different were we to sack Barton.

Again I am aware of  some of the differences but I think if the club did sack Barton they would say "Barton had brought about his own downfall and they wanted to recover the money they had lost on his transfer fee and wages" as Chelsea said about  Mutu. I very much doubt the club would go down the same football/sporting governing body's route Chelsea, I think it would more than likely go to the civil courts.

You've got to think that a spell in jail must have some effect on him - at least for a while. If we keep him I can see him getting his head down and playing well next season. Then flog him for decent money before he does something stupid again.

You've got to think that a spell in jail must have some effect on him - at least for a while. If we keep him I can see him getting his head down and playing well next season. Then flog him for decent money before he does something stupid again.

Plan A. :nods:

'Dean Dolman, 28, who was released from Strangeways on Thursday, said Barton had been giving inmates autographs in exchange for Mars bars.' :lol:

Best shape of his life my arse