Newcastle 0 - 2 Manchester City - 02/01/08 - post match reaction from page 24

Dave

That booing sounded like nowt compared to Liverpool/Pompey.

There was several less bums on seats at full time though.

And everyone stayed at those games? :lol:

I heard that a lot more people walked out today, probably because of the cold.

Well that was awful.

Martins...I dunno. He doesn't seem to do so well, but every game I see, they're launching long passes at him.

No one seems to move off the ball, everyone was just walking around.

I'd have confidence in Sam if it even seemed as if the players were learning from previous performances.

We have absolutely no Plan B.

The game plan is always to go out, get stuck in and keep it tight defensively and nick a goal at some point.

Once that inevitably fails, we have no ability whatsoever to chase a game.

Even if Sam eventually gets the defense right (which I reckon he will) , can you ever see a man who looks so one-dimensional ever leading us where we want to be? No chance, IMO.

Dude come on ...

It's because our players are awful. You can't let them off the hook so easily.

It's Martins and Duff who are the only two players who might scare another teams defence at the moment. After that we have nothing.

Todays premiership won't allow for a lack of athleticism and pace in attack like we have right now.

Name one team who is having some success in the premiership right now who has players as slow and unathletic as we do! NONE!

Our attacking players stink and thats a fact. No manager can work with this crap. No one.

Even Readings Doyle and Kitson are better than Viduka and Owen. It's bloody embarrassing. Who would you rather have Reading's Hunt or Milner? If you say Milner you're kidding yourself.

I can't decide wether you're actually being serious or taking the piss.. :idiot2:

We won't lose to Stoke and even if we did we should keep Big Sam as manager. The man needs time and we should give it him!! The players on paper are really good, but at the moment they aren't playing as a team/unit. Give them time!

We have absolutely no Plan B.

The game plan is always to go out, get stuck in and keep it tight defensively and nick a goal at some point.

Once that inevitably fails, we have no ability whatsoever to chase a game.

Even if Sam eventually gets the defense right (which I reckon he will) , can you ever see a man who looks so one-dimensional ever leading us where we want to be? No chance, IMO.

Dude come on ...

It's because our players are awful. You can't let them off the hook so easily.

It's Martins and Duff who are the only two players who might scare another teams defence at the moment. After that we have nothing.

Todays premiership won't allow for a lack of athleticism and pace in attack like we have right now.

Name one team who is having some success in the premiership right now who has players as slow and unathletic as we do! NONE!

Our attacking players stink and thats a fact. No manager can work with this crap. No one.

Even Readings Doyle and Kitson are better than Viduka and Owen. It's bloody embarrassing. Who would you rather have Reading's Hunt or Milner? If you say Milner you're kidding yourself.

I disagree with you almost entirely.

Not at all arsed getting into it, though.

Doyle and Kitson being better than Owen and Viduka is a ludicrous concept though.

We won't lose to Stoke and even if we did we should keep Big Sam as manager. The man needs time and we should give it him!! The players on paper are really good, but at the moment they aren't playing as a team/unit. Give them time!

On paper is not enough mate

Poor average peformence..

Martins should be sold if possible, he's no good at the moment and the fact is that he's going from bad to worse, he's slower than he used to be and can't score if he was playing against a bunch of 3 yearolds

Cacapa looked really poor, slow,  heavy and..old, would much rather see Faye-Taylor in the middle than him, Suprised with Allardyce's decsion to start Faye and Butt in the middle but tbh Emre wasn't really a world beater when he came on.

Milner's peformence today was one of his worst this season. always admired the lad but today he was poor, kinda got on my nerves when he dribbled past Dunne and then into him in the first half.

Viduka is over-doing the whole back-heal thing, he was OK today but he could've done alot better, he's slow and dosn't seem to be winning enough airal balls as he should.

On the brightside N'Zogbia had a good game, he really is a left winger and looked as our biggest threat whenever he got forward, Owen looked decent-ish but lacking match practise, Beye is good as ever and at least for this once  Allardyce made the correct changes but was unluckey.

Not too down hearted by the defeat, hope we bring in some players that give the team that bit of creativty and flair because we really need that, not lets just hope we don't really hit a new low and lose to Stoke.