Stoke (a) in the FA Cup - Pre-Match thread

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Everything is looking terrible for us even before the match has started.It looks like going to a restaurant for the first time and being serve by some bunch of amateur chefs.

are you going through a chef stage?

Rozehnal will find his true position today. I think he will be great at right back.

Zoggy and Duff on the wings? Brilliant! I think Milner needs to start coming off the bench even if he is healthy.

Zoggy, Duff, Viduka and Owen is more than enough in attack.  Smith and Butt should concentrate on winning the ball and should allow Zoggy and Duff to really get far up the pitch and join Owen and Viduka upfront.

Guest Ridzuan

Everything is looking terrible for us even before the match has started.It looks like going to a restaurant for the first time and being serve by some bunch of amateur chefs.

are you going through a chef stage?

As a matter of a fact,yes I am so please pardon me if I cant control myself yes?

Guest Guinness

Smith & Butt. :puke:

Agreed.

Pleased with Zog on the wing bit it's a shame we don't have any threat through the middle.

Guest Guinness

Emre's got an ankle injury..

Bench: Harper, Cacapa, Edgar, Lua-Lua, Carroll

No Shola :lol:

Selection justified then!

Looking at that bench our squad is getting pretty thin, with Faye set to go to the ACN too we could do with getting in some new faces sharpish.

Guest Ridzuan

It would be much better if we didnt have any subs today at all because all of them,apart from Harper and maybe Cacapa are not going to make any impact on the game at all becaus they are still learning how to master the recepie,but you never know,they might just be impressive.

Given

Rozenhal - Taylor - Faye - Enrique

Duff - Smith - Butt - N'Zogbia

Viduka - Owen

My only problem with this team is Smith in midfield again.  Like many have said in the past, if Smith isn't up front he shouldn't be in the team.  If Emre had started instead of Smith I would be very happy with that side, as it is its still better then usual so I'm still happy-ish (even though I suspect this has actually been forced upon Allardyce due to missing players and he'll go back to the usual s*** when possible).

To be clear the official team sheet isn't out yet, so none of this is 100% yet.

Just been confirmed on Sky Sports