Man Utd reject Newcastle bid for Wes Brown - SSN

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

£2m for Ben Haim? I'd rather have him than Brown.

???

Better player than Brown imo. Stick him and Faye together in the centre again and we'll be reet. :thup:

Ben Haim looks shit with very good players around him, Brown looks good with excellent players around him.

Brown is twice the player Ben Haim is.

Shrug. Ben Haim and Faye is a proven partnership that's done very, very well for Allardyce before.

???

Better player than Brown imo. Stick him and Faye together in the centre again and we'll be reet. :thup:

Ben Haim looks shit with very good players around him, Brown looks good with excellent players around him.

Ben Haim looks good with shit players around him, so perfect for us.

Sounds like Fergie isn't opposed to selling him as he hasn't said anything about him not being allowed to leave.

I think Man U are trying to get more money than they realistically should as Brown's contract is about to be up.

Sounds like Fergie isn't opposed to selling him as he hasn't said anything about him not being allowed to leave.

I think Man U are trying to get more money than they realistically should as Brown's contract is about to be up.

I just think he wants a new RB first.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fergie has ruled out making any signings this month

Brown will stay at Man U pick up his premiership winners medal, and be in a far stronger negotiating position in the summer, being availible on a free

Selling him for 2 million would be stupid on their behalf.

I think people are over looking the fact that our defensive problems have not been down to personell.

The reason our defence hasn't been great is because of inconsistancy, teamwork and communication. Signing more players won't solve the problem.

Although, Brown is a good player.

???

Ben Haim looks s*** with very good players around him, Brown looks good with excellent players around him.

Shrug. Ben Haim and Faye is a proven partnership that's done very, very well for Allardyce before.

Is this the proven partnership which conceded 4 more goals than our regular Taylor/Bramble/Moore/Ramage/Onyewu/Huntington/Butt/Uncle Tom Cobley center partnership last season?

Is this the proven partnership which conceded 4 more goals than our regular Taylor/Bramble/Moore/Ramage/Onyewu/Huntington/Butt/Uncle Tom Cobley center partnership last season?

:laugh:

Stats don't count anyway.

I do not think centre half is our prioity.  We have 6, 3 of who were only bought in the Summer.  They have not been a huge success but is that just a case of them having to get used to the Premiership or have they been written off already.  I just think Sam needs to decide who will be first choice and stick with them so they can build a partnership.  Maybe one of them will prove to be the real deal in time

I think a creative midfielder and a striker who can either (a) score goals and (b) form a partnership with at least one of the other strikers is required more.  If we could keep the ball up the other end of the pitch more often, then there might not be quite so much pressure on the defence all the time.

Should just stick a big sign outside SJP. 

"Top 4, dump your rejects here."

We're not in a position to compete with them for non-rejects.

We don't need to sign the worlds best, but we should still be able to attract top players.  If City can sign quality players like Petrov and Elano, why can't we?

Fergie has ruled out making any signings this month

Brown will stay at Man U pick up his premiership winners medal, and be in a far stronger negotiating position in the summer, being availible on a free

Selling him for 2 million would be stupid on their behalf.

Wes is a bit miffed Ferdinand is on a reported £105,000 a week and he's been offered £50,000.

He'll be looking for a big signing on fee and guaranteed first team footie which he won't get at ManU next year.

We don't need to sign the worlds best, but we should still be able to attract top players.  If City can sign quality players like Petrov and Elano, why can't we?

They were both rejects. Just at Athletico Madrid and Shacktar not the top 4.

Are you telling me Shacktar didn't actually want Elano?..

I think people are over looking the fact that our defensive problems have not been down to personell.

The reason our defence hasn't been great is because of inconsistancy, teamwork and communication. Signing more players won't solve the problem.

Although, Brown is a good player.

100% agree, i reckon all the defenders Allardyce brought in are good enough.. it's a matter of time before they form some sort of understanding

He was a sub most of the time and they sold him on the cheap. Abit like Wes Brown...

Guest Brewcastle

Because players like them want to play attacking and attractive football......

Excellent signing for £2 mill, solid player.

Thats my problem with him, he would be decent.  We've got a lot of players who are decent/solid/do the job whatever you want to say.  Thing is he isn't going to come here and think "right I'm a good player who will provide decent cover for the back four" he's going to think "I was a squad player at Man U I didn't like that so I've come to Newcastle to be a first team regular" now if we have the ambition to achieve highly we can't and shouldn't offer that.  Lots of people are after Big Sam's blood because we aren't where we think we should be, we're 11th in the table it's bad but by no means terrible looking at the last 5 years.  Brown would not be a regular at a club that was pushing for the European Cup (I wont call it the Champions League as its a) not made up of champions and b) not a league) he would be back, up he would be a regular for a club that was say midtable as we have been for too long.  We need to think higher, he for me would just be another Smith (ok I'm biased against Smith, I just think he is the most average footballer I've ever seen) a player who will cost big wages and not have the quality to take us back where we once and in my opinion should be, challenging for the European Cup places.

He was a sub most of the time and they sold him on the cheap. Abit like Wes Brown...

:idiot2:

No, he was a sub most of the time in his first season, in the second season he played almost every game, broke into the Brazil squad, and was sold for £8 million..