Duff

Cronky

If we're going to play 4-4-2, I reckon there's a case for playing Duff up front as the more withdrawn striker, like he used to play for Ireland with Robbie Keane.

We need an energetic, quick, creative player who can link the attack together with the midfield, in the style of Beardsley or Bellamy. He's back to his best form, and he's the one who most fits the bill for that role. Viduka, Owen and Martins all prefer to play as the more advanced striker.

We've got Zoggy, Milner, and dare I say young Lua Lua for the wide positions.

If we're going to play 4-4-2, I reckon there's a case for playing Duff up front as the more withdrawn striker, like he used to play for Ireland with Robbie Keane.

We need an energetic, quick, creative player who can link the attack together with the midfield, in the style of Beardsley or Bellamy. He's back to his best form, and he's the one who most fits the bill for that role. Viduka, Owen and Martins all prefer to play as the more advanced striker.

Nice idea but things are over comlicated already.  :lol:

I was disappointed by duff today. Zoggy worked his arse off, beat people, won free kicks, had a few half decent shots.

Duff didn't do any of the above did he?

He pulled THE face a few times tbf.

Been saying this myself actually.

I was disappointed by duff today. Zoggy worked his arse off, beat people, won free kicks, had a few half decent shots.

yeah, but he did ok, compared to last season's constant back passing

He pulled THE face a few times tbf.

:lol: It's true, like.

Him and Enrique had the same problem today: neither knew what to do with the ball once they had it.

I said this when he bought him.

Nice to see him hopefully coming good at last, after being labelled unnecessary etc. Load of bollocks really if you examine the fact that Solano was getting older, and it was a good price for a good player.

I said this when he bought him.

Nice to see him hopefully coming good at last, after being labelled unnecessary etc. Load of bollocks really if you examine the fact that Solano was getting older, and it was a good price for a good player.

haha, you have to get something like that in every thread dont you, good on you

I must have been watching a different Damien Duff to most then, same old same old from what I could see.

Same here, he spent more time going towards his own goal than the oppositions.

Damien Duff is very good off the ball, but we usually don't have the players to find him.

With the ball he's lost his pace, struggles to beat a man, and rarely puts a worthwhile ball into the penalty area.

He'll not uproot any trees playing wide in a 4-4-2, but there may be legs in the idea that he could be more useful when used narrower because he certainly has the brain to be more effective there.

About 75% of stuff Duff did today was good, but 25% was very bad. Still, it was the most dangerous performance from a NUFC right winger this season.

Dangerous in what respect? He did nothing.

Got some balls in the box, got in the final third, and passed the ball well. That is more than has been seen from any player picked on the right of midfield this season for NUFC.