Lassana Diarra joins Portsmouth

Guest Guinness

Hope so but unlikely. fair enough he might fancy linking up with papa geremi and n zog but thats on the proviso he gets first team football. maybe our new manager doesnt fancy him.

The only reason we would be going along with this is if the new man had already agreed to a deal and said he wants Diarra. Either that or Mort and Ashley have gone mad.

i REALLY REALLY hope so! man, the day i get to see butt replaced in our midfield! its a lovely day! i firmly belief that our midfield will be 5 times better with diarra instead of butt! ok, maybe not firmly belief, but i think i will be much much better

Hope so but unlikely. fair enough he might fancy linking up with papa geremi and n zog but thats on the proviso he gets first team football. maybe our new manager doesnt fancy him.

I don't know, Diarra won't have the same competition he faced under Mourinho as what he had in his last club. ;)

According to Vitalfootball:

In just a typically bizarre NUFC move it looks like we agreed a £5.5m fee for Arsenal`s Lassana Diarra just hours before Sam left St James`. However it is alleged that the management had given Sam a pot of just £8m to work from for the January window. Where this leaves any move for the bairn is anyone`s guess.

The same can also be applied to Hungarian youngster Tamas Kadar. Having been set to sign under Allardyce, is his move set to break down or was it Chris Mort/the scouting network responsible for his purchase?

I don't see it as a massive problem tbh.

Isn't this the way Spurs operate? Person 1 signing the players and then Person 2 coaching the team?

Yes but they have an appointed Director of Football, we don't.

That's true, but I'm just saying, Mort could see himself as that person for now (seeing as the window will close in a couple of weeks) and signing young highly rated players is what we should be doing anyway. The logic's there, not that I'm suggesting he takes charge of all the transfer business now. Diarra was wanted by Sam, Wenger and Mourinho. It'll be a good signing either way (if it happens) because he'll improve our center midfield by a lot.

That's true, but I'm just saying, Mort could see himself as that person for now (seeing as the window will close in a couple of weeks) and signing young highly rated players is what we should be doing anyway. The logic's there, not that I'm suggesting he takes charge of all the transfer business now. Diarra was wanted by Sam, Wenger and Mourinho. It'll be a good signing either way (if it happens) because he'll improve our center midfield by a lot.

Well he shouldn't! It won't 'be a good signing either way' if the new manager doesn't want him and as Dave has said I hope Mort is not signing players unless told to do so by the new manager.

I sincerely hope the chairman's not signing players, unless the new guy wants them.

Totally agree with that.

Could you imagine the uproar if this kind of link came about under Freddy, he'd be called all sorts by now.

It's a bit out there but the link to the agent's there, and him mentioning Kelmsley and his link to Ashley and Redknapp's also there. It's as farfetched as a superagent calling up Oliver to ask for Mort's number tbh...

There is that, but ultimately, everyone in the football world is linked. Diarra was no doubt being courted by a number of clubs including Spuds, I believe. You can join these dots many ways, but only the clinically insane would join them to form Redknapp's ugly mug. I reckon the Diarra deal was instigated by Mourinho who's been lurking in the shadows for a few weeks now.

It's a bit out there but the link to the agent's there, and him mentioning Kelmsley and his link to Ashley and Redknapp's also there. It's as farfetched as a superagent calling up Oliver to ask for Mort's number tbh...

There is that, but ultimately, everyone in the football world is linked. Diarra was no doubt being courted by a number of clubs including Spuds, I believe. You can join these dots many ways, but only the clinically insane would join them to form Redknapp's ugly mug. I reckon the Diarra deal was instigated by Mourinho who's been lurking in the shadows for a few weeks now.

:lol:

Most of our support are clinically insane though. I mean, we are still supporting the club.

Correct.

And we've just been told that Diarra's move to SJP is now on hold.  Don't know if that is the club or Diarra putting it on the back burner at the moment, but perhaps not surprising news.

Correct.

And we've just been told that Diarra's move to SJP is now on hold.  Don't know if that is the club or Diarra putting it on the back burner at the moment, but perhaps not surprising news.

Correct.

So are Spurs pushing to buy him?

Correct.

Correct.

Yes, Spurs want him and are pushing the 'you won't have to move and you'll play regularly' ticket even though other clubs will offer more him more cash.  From what I can gather he's more bothered about playing than anything else, so assuming Newcastle are offering more in salary, it would make sense to see who comes in to replace Big Sam and get the same assurances.  For him to make the move now and then find that the new manager doesn't rate him highly wouldn't make any sense at all.

Correct.

Correct.

That's like asking Alan Oliver who the next manager will be.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

The one thing that boils my piss about Harry Redknapp - His sons a right smug cunt.

Everything else I'm fine with.  Harry Redknapp's black n white army!

The one thing that boils my piss about Harry Redknapp - His sons a right smug c***.

Everything else I'm fine with.  Harry Redknapp's black n white army!

I just couldn't stand watching him twitching on the sidelines!  Makes me get on edge!