Lassana Diarra joins Portsmouth

Guest Guinness

Says in most papers we were approaching Redknapp this morning.

They're right, I'm afraid.

Source? And don't say Kriss 'we've bid £12m for Defoe', 'Giles Barnes is coming in the summer' Akabusi. ;)

Says in most papers we were approaching Redknapp this morning.

They're right, I'm afraid.

Source? And don't say Kriss 'we've bid £12m for Defoe', 'Giles Barnes is coming in the summer' Akabusi. ;)

Journalists never reveal their source ;)

just seen this one Footy365...not very reliable i know, but i fairly bored at work so am reading anything i can find:

IDEAS ABOVE HIS STATION

Here's number 36,748 on the list of more proof that football has gone utterly bonkers.

The Sun reports that Lassana Diarra's move from Arsenal to Newcastle collapsed after the delusional, and deeply average midfielder asked for a whopping £90,000 a week.

This is the same Diarra who has not managed to hold down a place at either of the clubs he has played for in England, and he (reportedly) thinks he's worth £90,000 a week.

This country...

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8671_3038163,00.html

Yeah... check 5 posts before.

Diarra agrees Pompey deal

Frenchman handed three-and-a-half year deal

Last updated: 16th January 2008

Diarra: Pompey-bound

The French international has been locked in talks with Pompey boss Harry Redknapp this week after they agreed a fee in the region of £5million with Arsenal for the midfielder.

Diarra has agreed personal terms and passed a medical at Fratton Park and is set to be unveiled as Pompey's latest signing later this week.

The former Chelsea man has signed a three-and-a-half-year deal at Portsmouth and could make his debut this weekend against Derby.

Diarra, who only joined Arsenal during the summer transfer window, decided to move on after growing increasingly frustrated with his lack of first-team opportunities at Emirates Stadium.

The 22-year-old opted for a transfer as he was concerned that his dearth of action for Arsenal could damage his chances of winning a place in France's Euro 2008 squad.

Diarra will be hoping to earn a regular place in Redknapp's starting XI as Pompey battle for a place in Europe.

Oh well that's another one gone