Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

Guest BenArfa10

Not too fond of Allardyce after after his time here but I loved his post match press conference. For once a manager was being honest instead of being a boring, diplomatic robot. He said he didn't give a shit what Jose thought. Mourinho always does this. He acts like a spoilt child when his team doesn't win as if his teams are simply not allowed to lose football matches. He'll blame anyone but himself or his team, act like everyone is against him (when in fact he gets a more favourable press than most managers because of his 'zany charm') and it's always the ref's fault and he'll use some nonsensical unfunny piece of misdirection like 'swans' in Scotland or that he needs a 'black and decker' to break WH's wall down to deflect away his team's failings.

Guest chicken little

Not too fond of Allardyce after after his time here but I loved his post match press conference. For once a manager was being honest instead of being a boring, diplomatic robot. He said he didn't give a s*** what Jose thought. Mourinho always does this. He acts like a spoilt child when his team doesn't win as if his teams are simply not allowed to lose football matches. He'll blame anyone but himself or his team, act like everyone is against him (when in fact he gets a more favourable press than most managers because of his 'zany charm') and it's always the ref's fault and he'll use some nonsensical unfunny piece of misdirection like 'swans' in Scotland or that he needs a 'black and decker' to break WH's wall down to deflect away his team's failings.

You state this as if it is a bad thing when, as evinced above, the rest of your post proves that you are being played like a f***ing piano.

Not too fond of Allardyce after after his time here but I loved his post match press conference. For once a manager was being honest instead of being a boring, diplomatic robot. He said he didn't give a shit what Jose thought. Mourinho always does this. He acts like a spoilt child when his team doesn't win as if his teams are simply not allowed to lose football matches. He'll blame anyone but himself or his team, act like everyone is against him (when in fact he gets a more favourable press than most managers because of his 'zany charm') and it's always the ref's fault and he'll use some nonsensical unfunny piece of misdirection like 'swans' in Scotland or that he needs a 'black and decker' to break WH's wall down to deflect away his team's failings.

Ever wondered how he got prima donnas like Drogba to run through brick walls for him or convinced Samuel Eto'o to happily embrace a role on the wing the season after he was the main striker scoring 30 league goals for Barcelona in a treble winning side?

I believe Mourinho is probably over-rated in England as a coach, tactician, mind-game player the lot. But his textbook psychology is working a treat.

The smart thing Fat Sam could do is point out what Mourinho is doing but that would downplay his sides performance (which he shouldn't do) and down play his own "achievement" which he would never do.

• 8 months later...

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/523256/West-Ham-boss-Sam-Allardyce-on-England-job-Mike-Ashley-Arsene-Wenger

Looking back over a career in football that stretches back nearly half a century to when he first walked through the doors at Bolton as an eager apprentice, Allardyce feels the turning point came the day Mike Ashley bought Newcastle in 2007.

"It ended up where I couldn't get that bigger or better club, so I think there must have been something in my career that stopped me," he said.

"I think it was Newcastle. Had that been successful with Freddy Shepherd, the man who appointed me, staying on, I might have got an even bigger club than Newcastle.

"I don't blame Mike Ashley, because when you pay that amount for a football club and you know what you want to do with it, sometimes you like to get rid of the furniture you have inherited.

"But from a career point-of-view it was a massive blow. It was the spending the power of Newcastle that attracted me. I'd had limited funds at Bolton and it was the opportunity for the bigger pot - and Freddy wanted to emulate the success they had in the Kevin Keegan era.

"With Mike taking over those funds never materialised. I had lined up moves for Phil Jaglielka, Luka Modric and Branislav Ivanovic - people on my Bolton recruitment database.

"Not big stars but quality players and with the finances I was being promised at Newcastle, we could have done something."

Couldn't afford a Sheffield United player and two players playing in Eastern Europe but had the funds to buy Joey Barton, Alan Smith, & Mark Viduka on jumbo contracts. Aye right, you fucking sad cunt.

Guest neesy111

Also signed Geremi despite Mourinho telling that his legs were knackered

Mourinho told Robson that, he wouldn't say that to the club that he was flogging him to. :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Also signed Geremi despite Mourinho telling that his legs were knackered

Mourinho told Robson that, he wouldn't say that to the club that he was flogging him to. :lol:

"I passed on my information to someone at the club (before Mike Ashley took over), but Geremi still ended up signing. In fact, Sam made him captain."

:lol: