Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/may/14/sam-allardyce-houdini-better-job-west-ham

It's truly staggering how over-inflated his opinion of himself is.  Reminds me of someone else.

Yet Allardyce was in bullish mood on Thursday morning. Chewing gum and with the word “Gaffer” printed on to his club flip-flops, he put forward a strong defence of his stewardship.

:lol: such a pig of a man.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-newcastle-united-scout-paul-9281315

Monty worked first for Smith, then for Bobby Robson, and finally returned for Glenn Roeder and Sam Allardyce.

“I was a pal of Glenn and had worked for him at West Ham,” explained Montgomery.

“After he left Big Sam asked me to stay on.

“I wanted to sign Edmilson for Newcastle. A Brazilian international captain, he had spent four years at Lyon and then four at Barcelona. He could defend AND play.

“Edmilson wasn’t a mercenary. He gave a lot of his money to children’s charities. He wanted to finish his career in the Premier League and Barca were willing to give him a free in recognition of his long service.

“I took Allardyce to Barcelona to meet Edmilson over a meal in a restaurant. I thought it was all done then one morning I woke to find United had signed Alan Smith for £7m, a guy with a poor fitness record after a bad injury.”

Well, Alan Smith instead, really. Cacapa was always going to be signed that Summer as Allardyce had been after him for a while.

Edmilson was pretty finished in 2007, to be fair. Obviously would've been far better than Smudge, mind.

I can definitely remember saying I thought Smith was going to be a decent signing.

Same. Especially after that goal he score in pre-season :lol:

His only goal

1 fucking goal man

I can definitely remember saying I thought Smith was going to be a decent signing.

I was massively excited about 07-08. A manager who was much better than the two that came before him, a new billionaire owner, some decent looking signings. What could go wrong?

West Ham apparently want Benitez for next season. David Gold thinks West Ham are some major contender being a London club moving to the Olympic Park. There's big trouble brewing behind the scenes, next season could be fun down there.

The first England strike force at the new Wembley was an all-Newcastle front line wasn't it? (Owen & Smith)

Remember as well The Chronicle harping on for ages how Allardyce turned down the chance to sign Elano (before he went to City) for Smith. Hated him.

The first England strike force at the new Wembley was an all-Newcastle front line wasn't it? (Owen & Smith)

Remember as well The Chronicle harping on for ages how Allardyce turned down the chance to sign Elano (before he went to City) for Smith. Hated him.

Big Sam was such a pig.

Remember Elano's first appearance at St.James' Park?

Tore us to absolute shreds  :lol: