Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

Guest TruToon94

I don't get this hate for Allardyce on here. Sure he was shite for us but Pardew bad? No way.

Fact is his record is pretty damn good and he's a consistent PL manager. The list of managers who fail in these league, even those with supposed pedigree abroad is far longer than managers like Allardyce who succeed. Fact is Allardyce has made a concious effort to change playing style due to board and fan pressure and it's paying dividends. This is not Pardew doing well for the one season he does at every club. This is a manager actually working to improve tactically.

In actual fact Allardyce is the opposite of Pardew. Teams under him start badly but tend to establish themselves and get better.  IMO Allardyce is certainly better than Bruce, Pardew and any other English manager I can think of at club level at the moment.

Think it's the current wankfest over Allardyce and his new "west ham way" bollocks - there were some stats on MoTD last night that proved they're playing the same % of long and short passes as last year.

I don't get this hate for Allardyce on here. Sure he was shite for us but Pardew bad? No way.

Fact is his record is pretty damn good and he's a consistent PL manager. The list of managers who fail in these league, even those with supposed pedigree abroad is far longer than managers like Allardyce who succeed. Fact is Allardyce has made a concious effort to change playing style due to board and fan pressure and it's paying dividends. This is not Pardew doing well for the one season he does at every club. This is a manager actually working to improve tactically.

In actual fact Allardyce is the opposite of Pardew. Teams under him start badly but tend to establish themselves and get better.  IMO Allardyce is certainly better than Bruce, Pardew and any other English manager I can think of at club level at the moment.

I'd say it's average at best.

Guest firetotheworks

People are allowing the fact that Allardyce has a decent set up with Andy Carroll to cloud their judgement on him as a manager. His turgid, one dimensional excuse for football is obviously going to get rewards when you've got Andy Carroll imasculating defenders in the air.

People are allowing the fact that Allardyce has a decent set up with Andy Carroll to cloud their judgement on him as a manager. His turgid, one dimensional excuse for football is obviously going to get rewards when you've got Andy Carroll imasculating defenders in the air.

Have you seen them play this year?

Allardyce, as rubbish as his football generally is, has shown himself to be a much better manager than Pardew.

Aye - Sam always has a footballing plan even if it's terrible. He was awful for us and he's not a good manager but I think he's always good for 40 points in the PL minimum.

The side he has now is probably his wet dream - Pardew's too. Strong quick lads everywhere - a few of them can really play. Downing's been great as well. And a couple lads that gobble up attacking headers.

Guest firetotheworks

Have you seen them play this year?

Yeah, I've seen a few matches, they're really no different except for having a target man that's incredibly good at being a target man.

Guest firetotheworks

Allardyce, as rubbish as his football generally is, has shown himself to be a much better manager than Pardew.

Goes without saying.

Also forgetting that Allardcye was forced into changing his football by the board at West Ham, publicly.

He was on Sky before the match yesterday and was saying that the reason West Ham are doing better this season is because he now has better quality players with which to play the type of football they are playing, basically insinuating that he wanted to play this style all along. There was certainly no admission of weakness or culpability on his part for what was served up before.

Also forgetting that Allardcye was forced into changing his football by the board at West Ham, publicly.

He was on Sky before the match yesterday and was saying that the reason West Ham are doing better this season is because he now has better quality players with which to play the type of football they are playing, basically insinuating that he wanted to play this style all along. There was certainly no admission of weakness or culpability on his part for what was served up before.

Well he's not telling the whole story:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11685/9318924/premier-league-sam-allardyce-remains-boss-at-west-ham-who-want-a-top-10-finish

didn't they bring in Sheringham as well

I know, I'm in total agreement with you. He's from the same school of self-serving bullshit that Pardew is from and the only difference is he works for a board that actually seem to care about their club and how they play.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11685/9318924/premier-league-sam-allardyce-remains-boss-at-west-ham-who-want-a-top-10-finish

I know, I'm in total agreement with you. He's from the same school of self-serving bullshit that Pardew is from and the only difference is he works for a board that actually seem to care about their club and how they play.

:thup: yeah sorry mis interpreted what you were saying.

It's ok, my rambling post wasn't clear.  :blush:

Shall we get a room?

:thup: yeah sorry mis interpreted what you were saying.

It's ok, my rambling post wasn't clear.  :blush:

Shall we get a room?

:lol:

I'm of the opinion this run he's on will collapse when they get Sussed out like

Maybe. He'll be given the boot though if he comes under pressure from the fans again. Unlike our own sack of shite.

They're playing exactly the same as they did.

pretty sure I saw a stat where the % long ball (or long pass) is roughly the same as last year for West Ham its just a lot more effective because they paid the money for good strikers

Was on Motd last night.

Phil Neville and Martin Keown were discussing it with Mark Chapman, stats are pretty much the same except they now have Carroll as a long ball option and Sakho and Valencia as short pass options and are winning games.

• 1 month later...
Guest John Carvery

Starting to dislike LvG with a bit of a passion. £100m spent and poor football with poor results.

That clipboard is enough for me, got less notes in it than Pardews old notepad.

• 3 weeks later...

Fuck off you fat-headed wanker!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/427715/Sam-Allardyce-West-Ham-Alan-Pardew-Newcastle-Premier-League-Press-Conference-Latest

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce: Newcastle are a mid-table team

WEST HAM manager Sam Allardyce has described Alan Pardew's turbulent reign at Newcastle as 'successful,' and suggests the weight of expectation surrounding the club is unrealistic given their current resources.

Big Sam's tenure in the north east lasted just nine months, but it was more than enough time to understand the immense pressure when in the St. James' Park hot-seat.

Some supporters were critical of Pardew for failing to reproduce anything like the form that saw the Magpies land a fifth-place finish in the 2011/2012 season.

But Allardyce thinks it is unfair to question Pardew's record, he said: "There are times at Newcastle when things don't go well the fans express their disappointment.

"The thing about the Newcastle fan is that they don't stay away, they always turn up and if you're not doing well - they'll let you know.

Newcastle are a team that fit in around mid-table in the Premier League.

"There is a greater expectation at that club that it's not enough or good enough.

"But realistically, where they lie financially and where they're budgets lie - that's about where they should be.

"Alan always kept them around that position, and had one very good season when he got them into Europe, so I think his reign at Newcastle was successful."