Fat Sam and his Fat Head

Greg

They're playing some good stuff this season tbf. Maybe he's actually listened to their fans.

Good news as far as I'm concerned, it's like the season Pardew finished 5th after stumbling on a good formation. Now West Ham fans will be lumbered with Fat Sam for at least another year and he's still shit, just got a decent striker in Valencia who always looked likely to score goals even in the world cup.

Was told by his board that if he wanted to keep his job he'd have to start playing better, more attacking football. Brought in a coach to work specifically with the attacking players and the results are there for all to see.

Key points:

- Board listening to the fans and exerting some influence

- Board backing the manager with decent funds to strengthen

- Manager accepting a request to change his style rather than spitting his arrogant dummy out

- Manager swallows his pride and brings in a coach to work on the area that he is weakest in

The similarities between West Ham last season and us now are huge. The major difference is that none of those things would ever happen here.

I hate Allardyce but credit where it's due.

Was told by his board that if he wanted to keep his job he'd have to start playing better, more attacking football. Brought in a coach to work specifically with the attacking players and the results are there for all to see.

Key points:

- Manager accepting a request to change his style rather than spitting his arrogant dummy out

- Manager swallows his pride and brings in a coach to work on the area that he is weakest in

The similarities between West Ham last season and us now are huge. The major difference is that none of those things would ever happen here.

Why is credit due to Allardyce when you yourself are saying that the only reason they are playing better is because the board went over his head and brought in a coach to make them play more attacking football?

Key points:

Why is credit due to Allardyce when you yourself are saying that the only reason they are playing better is because the board went over his head and brought in a coach to make them play more attacking football?

i assumed from that allardyce brought the coach in...who is the coach anyways?

Key points:

Teddy Sheringham.

Key points:

Teddy Sheringham.

Must be all the females he's bringing to the events.

on the one hand it doesn't bode well that a professional football manager with his experience has to bring in someone to help him out at getting his team to attack but then i suppose he's showing he's not too much of a cunt to try something different at the partial expense of his reputation

rodgers might want to think about getting some help with defending

Rather like us a couple of years ago, they're doing so well because they brought in some decent players who have been playing well and with confidence. Think this has little to do with Fat Sam tbh. Leopard can't change his spots.

Meh, Allardyce has encouraged his sides to play an awful style of football for well over a decade. Don't let West Hams current form cloud that. They are playing well in spite of him, not because of him imo.

Key points:

Because he's an arrogant prick but he has agreed to change his (apparently world class) style of play. There's no doubt Allardyce knows how to make a team solid at the back but he's a dinosaur when it comes to attacking play. He seems to have accepted that the fans deserve to see something better. I thought he would have taken the hump and jumped ship at the mere suggestion his team should play better football.

Key points:

From what I heard on that journalist footballing show on Sundays SS - it was the board that wanted to bring in an attacking coach in Sheringham, not Allardyce. But to his credit Allardyce accepted all of their demands but I'm mostly going to credit the board.

They know with Allardyce you won't get relegated. As they move into the new stadium that's the most important thing. An unambitious board like ours would tell the fans to lump it because they'll stay up and leave it at that. But they've applied pressure to Sam & importantly backed him in the transfer market with quality players of his ilk. Big strong, quick but also technically very good. Alex Song is one of those African players that are probably unfairly credited and restricted as DM's but actually has a great eye for a pass.

Fat Mike wouldn't back the manager properly in investment not just spending what we bring in. Certainly won't get him players in his mould. And doesn't challenge him to do better other than the financial reward of a top 10 finish.

• 1 month later...