Jose Mourinho

Guest sicko2ndbest

I guess there's a difference between hating the man for some of the cuntish things he's done compared to hating the football manager he is. My like for him is about the entertainment value he brings, but as Triggs and Ronaldo has just hammered home there's quite a few nasty things he's done that can't be forgiven like. Didn't know about the eye gouge one, just looked that up.

I really like him. He's an obsessive winner and does and says s*** only he can really answer for or explain but it's all about his obsession with being great and remembered forever - be it for better or worse.

He loves himself far too much for many people's liking and says some awful things about people or his opponents but he's one of my favorites.

I honestly can't fathom somebody having this opinion. He plays s*** football, says some awful things about people, talks loads of s****, eye gouges people, sacks people for doing their job

I'm a nutter? Maybe I don't get the sky wank fest over him over here in the US? I'm not even talking about the football or style. I like the fact he's won. I don't know. Hard to or probably unable to explain and its probably best I keep my opinion to myself :lol:

I really like him. He's an obsessive winner and does and says s*** only he can really answer for or explain but it's all about his obsession with being great and remembered forever - be it for better or worse.

He loves himself far too much for many people's liking and says some awful things about people or his opponents but he's one of my favorites.

I honestly can't fathom somebody having this opinion. He plays s*** football, says some awful things about people, talks loads of s****, eye gouges people, sacks people for doing their job

I'm a nutter? Maybe I don't get the sky wank fest over him over here in the US? I'm not even talking about the football or style. I like the fact he's won. I don't know. Hard to or probably unable to explain and its probably best I keep my opinion to myself :lol:

Like him because he's won? Alreet Froggy :lol:

I'm a nutter? Maybe I don't get the sky w*** fest over him over here in the US? I'm not even talking about the football or style. I like the fact he's won. I don't know. Hard to or probably unable to explain and its probably best I keep my opinion to myself :lol:

Why don't you read my comment for what it is and stop trying to apply it to something it's not. I'm not here glory hunting for fucking sake, I'm a Newcastle supporter - but I respect coaches and managers that have a proven winning track record - across all leagues and such. I'd rather not go on with this discussion with you b/c you're clearly picking at something thats not there.  I also don't argue with anyone who doesn't like him b/c I know for sure my opinion goes against the grain 100%. 

I'm a nutter? Maybe I don't get the sky w*** fest over him over here in the US? I'm not even talking about the football or style. I like the fact he's won. I don't know. Hard to or probably unable to explain and its probably best I keep my opinion to myself :lol:

Why don't you read my comment for what it is and stop trying to apply it to something it's not. I'm not here glory hunting for fucking sake, I'm a Newcastle supporter - but I respect coaches and managers that have a proven winning track record - across all leagues and such. I'd rather not go on with this discussion with you b/c you're clearly picking at something thats not there.  I also don't argue with anyone who doesn't like him b/c I know for sure my opinion goes against the grain 100%.

Was only taking the piss Kanji. Sorry if it came across as a dig :thup:

Why don't you read my comment for what it is and stop trying to apply it to something it's not. I'm not here glory hunting for f***ing sake, I'm a Newcastle supporter - but I respect coaches and managers that have a proven winning track record - across all leagues and such. I'd rather not go on with this discussion with you b/c you're clearly picking at something thats not there.  I also don't argue with anyone who doesn't like him b/c I know for sure my opinion goes against the grain 100%.

Was only taking the p*ss Kanji. Sorry if it came across as a dig :thup:

Ah man, my bad. No harm no foul. Didn't mean to get all defensive either. Mourinho is a cunt! :)

Guest Howaythetoon

Mourinho for me guarantees trophies, if money was no object at NUFC and we had one goal of winning the league, he would be the man I'd employ to achieve just that.

Long-term, however, he can be more of a negative force than a positive one. Its all about the now with him.

Already, at a club that is clearly 'his club', the wheels are falling off and I can't see him lasting long there.

Chelsea have some very good players, although no world-class players in my opinion, but they seem spent physically and mentally and that's down to Mourinho.

Hazard is a fantastic footballer and it was awful seeing him try to waste time a few weeks back against WBA with 10 minutes to go. A player like that needs to be free almost. He had the chance to take on his man, drive into the box and create something. But he chose to go towards the corner flag, using his small centre of gravity, quick two feet and his strength to keep ball and waste time.

That's what Mourinho does to players, eventually. He wears them down and almost breaks them. Duff was amazing for Chelsea for a period, but was a broken player by the time we got him. He was all huff and puff, afraid to be himself, a coward almost, scared of responsibility.

Joe Cole was the same.

Mourinho for me guarantees trophies, if money was no object at NUFC and we had one goal of winning the league, he would be the man I'd employ to achieve just that.

Long-term, however, he can be more of a negative force than a positive one. Its all about the now with him.

Already, at a club that is clearly 'his club', the wheels are falling off and I can't see him lasting long there.

Chelsea have some very good players, although no world-class players in my opinion, but they seem spent physically and mentally and that's down to Mourinho.

Hazard is a fantastic footballer and it was awful seeing him try to waste time a few weeks back against WBA with 10 minutes to go. A player like that needs to be free almost. He had the chance to take on his man, drive into the box and create something. But he chose to go towards the corner flag, using his small centre of gravity, quick two feet and his strength to keep ball and waste time.

That's what Mourinho does to players, eventually. He wears them down and almost breaks them. Duff was amazing for Chelsea for a period, but was a broken player by the time we got him. He was all huff and puff, afraid to be himself, a coward almost, scared of responsibility.

Joe Cole was the same.

I like Mourinho but you nailed it on the head there.

The media know what a little girl he is underneath the suit. The don't wanna frighten him off to Milan or Paris and lose their easy copy.

Exactly, it's pathetic.

The same way the cry on about Pellegrini because he treats them like the dirt they most are.

I kinda admire Mourinho's focus, he essentially does one thing very well, he builds very sold teams that will nick goals on break and grind out wins mostly efficiently to the extent he's very good at winning league titles. He doesn't do any of this flabby thinking that leads the Van Gaal's of this world who fancy themselves as very tactically intelligent to end up with teams that noone can figure out wtf they're meant to be doing.

I also think however his total commitment to solidity is his downfall, he wants to keep his team the same once he's found it working, and he doesn't refresh or change it up enough leading to his great teams losing their hunger after a season or two, he stops being able to inspire them to go out and give their all for him on the pitch. Changing up the squad is a risk, it will produce seasons of off form but is vital for keeping teams at the top.

The reality of course is that basically no managers are allowed to stick around long enough to change up teams regardless, largely it's decided that freshening up teams should be done manager first, maybe that's cheaper for owners than sticking to managers, or maybe there just aren't good enough managers.

I lost a lot of respect for him when I saw that picture of him looking awkward as fuck next to his daughter.  Lost a bit of the alpha male persona when he allows his 18 yr old daughter to embarrass him.

Love mourinho !!!! He's the best manager of his generation and I'll be really surprised in Chelsea don't finish in the top 2 and win a cup !!!!

How is the fact that he's a good manager a reason to love him? The bloke acts like a cunt at almost every opportunity.

I largely don't care how he acts (albeit the medical staff thing was totally pathetic on his part), but he's just boring to watch even when his teams are winning.

(I know I have him as an avatar, it was only cos it looked goofy, I should find a different one)