Jose Mourinho

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pure entertainment. Would rather have him in the PL than not.

yeah I'd rather watch entertainment on the field than some asshole talking shit and mourinhio teams are not fun to watch despite how much resources he consistently has at his disposal

I have to say, this attack on Pardew from Mourinho is a bit out of the blue.

???

what's he said?

Certain managers are allowed to talk about the officials and push them in the technical area.

He's talking about Wenger rather than Pardew.

“I think maybe one of the reasons why Newcastle over the years doesn’t get good positions is because of this mentality, it’s because they choose some matches to sweat blood and in other matches, they don’t. This is an attitude typical of a team that wins nothing.

“It’s bad for them because if they play like this, they win many matches at home, and they don’t. But this is their problem.

“The reality is that they fought hard, they gave everything, they followed a line that many pundits gave straight away – you have to fight, you have to kick, you have to tackle, you have to run, so they were exactly that, and they fought for a point, and I think they deserved a point the way they fought.”

Hard to argue with the twat, apart from the bit about deserving a point.

“I think maybe one of the reasons why Newcastle over the years doesn’t get good positions is because of this mentality, it’s because they choose some matches to sweat blood and in other matches, they don’t. This is an attitude typical of a team that wins nothing.

“It’s bad for them because if they play like this, they win many matches at home, and they don’t. But this is their problem.

“The reality is that they fought hard, they gave everything, they followed a line that many pundits gave straight away – you have to fight, you have to kick, you have to tackle, you have to run, so they were exactly that, and they fought for a point, and I think they deserved a point the way they fought.”

Hard to argue with the t***, apart from the bit about deserving a point.

Reminds me of this post by tmonkey, the Pardew bit aside:

The players were far more motivated against Liverpool than today. If thinking about the "Why?", there's only one logical answer - it's because the players motivated themselves against Liverpool and Pardew had nothing to do with it. Just like our players have frequently upped their game against the "big boys" over the past decade no matter who the manager was (Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, JFK, etc etc). We've had teams who have been hopeless and unable to string a couple of passes together against crap like Derby, Boro, Bolton, and other relegation fodder, but as soon as the likes of ManU roll into town the same helpless team is instantly transformed into a side that can compete against the best for 60-70 minutes at least. Again, that's entirely because the players motivate themselves for whatever reasons, and nothing to do with the manager. It's not trying to deny Pardew credit, it's just obvious footballing basics here - it's minnows vs the top dogs in the FA Cup and the various aspects of sports psychology that affects that type of game.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,93975.msg4698036/topicseen.html#msg4698036

Play well against big clubs in televised matches, get noticed and earn that big-money move. Which is why many of our players are rarely likeable.

Hard to argue with the t***, apart from the bit about deserving a point.

Reminds me of this post by tmonkey, the Pardew bit aside:

The players were far more motivated against Liverpool than today. If thinking about the "Why?", there's only one logical answer - it's because the players motivated themselves against Liverpool and Pardew had nothing to do with it. Just like our players have frequently upped their game against the "big boys" over the past decade no matter who the manager was (Souness, Roeder, Allardyce, JFK, etc etc). We've had teams who have been hopeless and unable to string a couple of passes together against crap like Derby, Boro, Bolton, and other relegation fodder, but as soon as the likes of ManU roll into town the same helpless team is instantly transformed into a side that can compete against the best for 60-70 minutes at least. Again, that's entirely because the players motivate themselves for whatever reasons, and nothing to do with the manager. It's not trying to deny Pardew credit, it's just obvious footballing basics here - it's minnows vs the top dogs in the FA Cup and the various aspects of sports psychology that affects that type of game.

http://www.newcastle-online.org/nufcforum/index.php/topic,93975.msg4698036/topicseen.html#msg4698036

Play well against big clubs in televised matches, get noticed and earn that big-money move. Which is why many of our players are rarely likeable.

I agree there seems to be a difference in mentality but it's just as much about us not having a clue how to unlock a defence when the opponent sits deep and the onus is on us IMO.

• 1 month later...