Who do you think it'll be ?

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

we could do a lot worse.

Anyone reckon John Collins would be any good? He was doing alright at Hibs, but tbh I've not followed Scottish football closely.

He'd undwhelm me more than any other name I've seen mentioned so far. Initially, at least.

Guest Guinness

No idea who its going to be, my heart hopes someone top class has been lined up but my head says we'll have difficulty in attracting even the likes of Hughes and Redknapp. With who we're being linked with at the moment I'd take Martin Jol.

we could do a lot worse.

Anyone reckon John Collins would be any good? He was doing alright at Hibs, but tbh I've not followed Scottish football closely.

He lost the dressing room at Hibs almost straight away and they were a worse team when he left than they were when he joined.

Bell Kenwright on SSN now, saying he spoke to Mike Ashley who's in Hong Kong and Mike told him down the phone that he isn't interested in David Moyes.

Well hopefully that's one "sideways step" we can cross off the list.

SHOCKED MARTINS BACKS BIG AL

Posted 10/01/08 14:23

Obafemi Martins is eager for the board to attempt to bring Alan Shearer back to the club.

The Nigerian striker spoke of his surprise at the sudden departure of Sam Allardyce but suggests Shearer could be the man to take the club forward.

Speaking to Setanta Sports Martins said: "I'm surprised that Sam has left the club.

"Alan Shearer knows the club perfectly.

"I believe he could be a good coach for Newcastle, but that decision is up to the board and as players there is little we can influence."

While Shearer was inevitably the first name on many peoples lips, he has since attempted to distance himself from the postition.

Does he know more than he's letting on?

if i know that we will get someone like Mourihno,Hitzfeld or Scolari i'll give the job to Pearson until the summer for the good of the club.

If its necessary to wait until the summer so we can get the best man i'll wait.

SSN are just brilliant, David Craig is now getting his haircut by a puff whilst talking about who'll be the next manager.

Have to say. I would fuckin love to have his job! Never a dull moment up here.

SSN are just brilliant, David Craig is now getting his haircut by a puff whilst talking about who'll be the next manager.

Is he in Barry and Bobby's next to the ground? :laugh:

aye. he was in the Back Page earlier (not filming though) and said he was going to interview them.

if i know that we will get someone like Mourihno,Hitzfeld or Scolari i'll give the job to Pearson until the summer for the good of the club.

If its necessary to wait until the summer so we can get the best man i'll wait.

I agree 100%.  Although I shouldn't care, also helps Pearson's CV were (and I'm assuming he will) he to move on elsewhere once the new manager is in.

Is he in Barry and Bobby's next to the ground? :laugh:

aye. he was in the Back Page earlier (not filming though) and said he was going to interview them.

Thought that's where they'd be, that's where I get my hair cut :laugh:

I guess it must be one of the most challenging manager-jobs in the world.....which hopefully would interest someone who would be up for the challenge!

personally i wouldn´t like to see managers like Jol and Mclaren.

can only think of mourinho (not happening) and Shearer (too early, maybe)

All i know is that the signing of this new manager is going to be a very important and difficult task!!!!!

What about Houllier?  Nobodys mentioned him so far

Never liked him.Won 5 trophies with Liverpool in one season and did nothing more with them when you consider that they are top club.Before he was released they played poor football and his squad was full of french anonymous players.

At Lyon he won the title but failed in the Champions league which was more important.

I dont like him and personally i think it will be mistake to hire him.

3 new straws.

Kelmsley had a beer with Klinsmann in the Gatwick Hilton 3 weeks ago.

Pini Zhavi is mates with Roman and Jose and associates of Ashley.

'Arry missed training last week and was in London all day. 'Arry is much fancied by Kelmsley who wanted him at Spurs.

Think positive my dears.

Dreams win prizes.  :cheesy:

Jol.

Spurs became a top six club under him and he brought a lot of young promising players in. Hopefully if he comes to Newcastle he'll do the same.

Two 5th places followed by his departure when the team was in the bottom 3.  Anyway, with your ownership and his associates, there is absolutely no way Jol would get offered the job (imho).

Jol.

Spurs became a top six club under him and he brought a lot of young promising players in. Hopefully if he comes to Newcastle he'll do the same.

Two 5th places followed by his departure when the team was in the bottom 3.  Anyway, with your ownership and his associates, there is absolutely no way Jol would get offered the job (imho).

Agree.

What you reckon Klinsmann?