Mark Hughes

James

If its Hughes, then its not all bad.

It won't be the huge lift i wanted, but he's proven to me at least he's a competent manager, but then again i thought that about Allardyce.

The only way any manager here will succeed, and right now succeeding is staying over 2 years, is if that manager is backed financially. End of the day it really doesn't matter too much right now who the man is compared to how much financial clout he's going to get. If Wenger came in and only had £10m to spend for next summer compared to McClaren coming in and being given £50m this window, the latter will of course come out on top. Maybe in a couple of years the talent of Wenger would catch up, but really in the current climate he wouldn't get that long.

So someone like Hughes with good to very good financial backing from the board is going to be a good thing for the club, better than Allardyce having to prove himself for the spends, which he failed miserably.

It won't be the huge lift i wanted, but he's proven to me at least he's a competent manager, but then again i thought that about Allardyce.

The only way any manager here will succeed, and right now succeeding is staying over 2 years, is if that manager is backed financially. End of the day it really doesn't matter too much right now who the man is compared to how much financial clout he's going to get. If Wenger came in and only had £10m to spend for next summer compared to McClaren coming in and being given £50m this window, the latter will of course come out on top. Maybe in a couple of years the talent of Wenger would catch up, but really in the current climate he wouldn't get that long.

So someone like Hughes with good to very good financial backing from the board is going to be a good thing for the club, better than Allardyce having to prove himself for the spends, which he failed miserably.

We really need to invest in the first 11.

Btw I'm 90% certain it is Hughes.

What makes you say that?

What makes you say that?

Gut feeling.  :smug:

Is that based on piecing things together, like him refusing to rule himself out.  Or do you posses a cystal ball of some sort?  If you do would you please tell me when my girlfriend will stop being mental, ta.

Is that based on piecing things together, like him refusing to rule himself out.  Or do you posses a cystal ball of some sort?  If you do would you please tell me when my girlfriend will stop being mental, ta.

:lol:

If she's a woman.....never.  :razz:

If she's a woman.....never.  :razz:

'Stunningly accurate'

A Blackburn fan mate of mine is convinced that if we approached Hughes and told him that he’d have a hefty warchest to spend he'd be gone.  Apparently Hughes has not really made convincing noises about staying since the links to the Newcastle job, and apparently he's been frustrated with a lack of transfer funds at his disposal.

See bookies are favouring Hughes now too, and they were spot on about Redknapp being approached, despite Harry saying no.

I wouldn’t mind Hughes.  Not my first choice manager, that would be a big experienced foreign coach.  But Hughes has proven to be a decent Premiership manager who can spend well and his football is not as gash as Allardyce’s.

There is no chance Hughes would reject it if offered, he's clearly frustrated by a lack of funds at Blackburn.

I'd almost rather Shearer, so much of professional sport is about confidence and he would instill more in a Newcastle squad.

There is no chance Hughes would reject it if offered, he's clearly frustrated by a lack of funds at Blackburn.

I'd almost rather Shearer, so much of professional sport is about confidence and he would instill more in a Newcastle squad.

Like he used to do with our wingers who didn't pass to him?

Like he used to do with our wingers who didn't pass to him?

It was their job, to be fair. He often did his part.

I did agree with Gavin Peacock to an extent - Shearer and/or Keegan would get the confidence and the excitement going again, which is half the battle. Don't think they should be first choice by any means but I'd rather them than anyone else with a British passport.