Redknapp rejects Newcastle or Newcastle reject Redknapp?

Dokko

Guest mobiius

This is just another piece of the anal oliversion 2 horse race blown out of the water. SSN were mugs in the 1st place to put so much time and effort into what was basically an educated guess by a sports editor that has once again drawn the whole country's attention to Newcastle and once again we are the laughing stock cheers anal :clap:. now they will probably hound sparky hughes until he also rejects us (i really hope so).I didn't want  arry anyway we should be pulling out all the stops for the special one imho. 

Guest LucaAltieri

Ashley will be pleased he's in HK & not in with the crowd at OT today.

Wednesday should be interesting if this mess isn't resolved by then.

Neil Warnock will be in charge by then, man. Don't worry.

Guest sittingontheball

Respect to Arry for being his own man. The corruption business made it sound like he's was into readies n'all.

All the best to Pompey on Sunday!

Anyroad, I hope M and A hope they can come up with someone better than Shearer.

I'm 100% certain that slippery 'Arry just used us to get a payrise when he had no intention of coming to the toon, and fair play to him.  I'm very happy about this, I didn't want him and I just hope we now focus on a quality foreign manager.  I don't care who's laughing at us, all that matters now is ambition and hard cash and if we offer enough of it to a decent candidate we will have him.  Spurs got Ramos for chrissakes, it can be done.

If anyone's feeling a little low, I suggest they look at Tsunami's award winning avatar.  That always cheers me up  :razz:

To be fair to Mort, it's well possible that they had aproached either Redknapp or his agent and was told that he was very interested, before they sacked Allardyce and then Redknapp changed his mind.

Fair play to Redknapp as well, he's made the right choice. It's very interesting to see where it goes from here

On the plus side, it's good news because imho Harry was never the right man for the job but if we have offered the job to him and a "won-nowt", sixty year old, average manager like Redknapp has rejected us....... well, how good do we look?

I can't believe they (Ash and Mort) would have sacked Sam without having a new guy lined up but........ it looks that way now.

Annoyed and embarrassed!

Well done guys!  O0 (bunch of tossers)

I was gutted when i heard Redknapp say we made an approach this morning. Not because he is a poor manager, far from it he's a decent one but i feel it just shows a lack of ambition IMO. We should have went for someone like Mourinho, ok he'd probably tell us to f*ck off but at least we would have had a go at it and showed the fans they mean business. Redknapp being first choice is what annoys me more than anything  >:(

Guest elbee909

The only reason it's massively embarrassing is because the media got their claws into us, again.  This should have happened without a single one of us knowing.

Guest Micktoon

I was gutted when i heard Redknapp say we made an approach this morning. Not because he is a poor manager, far from it he's a decent one but i feel it just shows a lack of ambition IMO. We should have went for someone like Mourinho, ok he'd probably tell us to f*ck off but at least we would have had a go at it and showed the fans they mean business. Redknapp being first choice is what annoys me more than anything  >:(

Agree with this as well.

Guest mobiius

FFS Mourinho aint gonna fucking come here.

more than likely not i agree with you. but neither was owen ever going to come but he did(prob better if he had't cos he has done fuck all but he did none the less) so ashley can afford him and as far as i know he isn't employed.so there is always a chance however remote. He certainly has the ego to believe he can suceed where others have failed.

Bang on mate.

Looking at it from a Portsmouth perspective, once they settle dow to the fact that he is staying, will they be asking themselves why he was even interested in the first place.

He was on SSN before going on and on about why he is staying, the players, the location etc etc. Wouldnt he have thought this before and just thought "No, I dont want to even talk to them".

He should just be honest and say he didnt like the offer and is staying, not act on like leaving Portsmouth would have been like leaving his family.

One mong texted in to SSN & said "I hope they appoint Shearer & then when he loses a few games sack him & we can all move on". WHO THE FUCK ARE THESE WANKERS ARE THESE THE PRICKS THAT WANTED US TO GET BEAT OFF STOKE LAST WEEK? Regardless of whoever is manager at the time you got to want Newcastle United to win, it is never the manager who loses the game it is Newcastle United. Some people need to get a grip & lay off the text messages.