Toon turning to Shearer and Keegan

stozo

David Ginola on Five Live now

Talking about KK. Says he was the main reason he signed for us.

When asked if he thinks KK should go back to NUFC, the frenchman says "Why not?".

Was a joy to train under Keegan at Durham. Says the best thing about playing under KK at the time was the team spirit above anything else.

KK is a better manager than Redknapp.

Are you sure? his record at England and Citeh is s****. Maybe he was lucky as SJP?

Redknapps first spell at Pompey is the only time he has had a better win percentage than Kevin Keegans "s****" Manchester City

Kevin Keegan

Man City - Win percentage - 43.75%

Harry Redknapp

West Ham - Win percentage - 37.00%

Portsmouth - Win percentage - 46.55%

Southamption - Win percentage - 26.53%

Portsmouth - Win percentage - 40.48%

Guest Knightrider

KK pisses all over 'Appy 'Arry in every department and unlike Redknapp, has experienced it at the very top level and has worked with big clubs. His stint with the national side failed but as an experience it's something Harry could only ever dream about. KK has promoted 2 sides into the Premiership in different eras playing the same kind of football and took NUFC into 2nd and Europe, kept Man City up and got them into Europe too after consolidating. He has also managed and signed some huge players and of course, as a player he was one of those himself. He's won the lot as a player and even has experience in the DOF role.

His management skills are plentiful too.

Are you sure? his record at England and Citeh is s****. Maybe he was lucky as SJP?

Redknapps first spell at Pompey is the only time he has had a better win percentage than Kevin Keegans "s****" Manchester City

Kevin Keegan

Harry Redknapp

That's eerie, I was going to post the same thing.

His record at Man City was better than Allardyces at Bolton also. Man City fizzled out because the board didn't have the financial muscle to build on Keegan's success.

And as for finished, ffs, he's younger than Redknapp and about three years older than Big Sam.

Never go back? I'm sure Porto would tell Mourinho to f*** off and Aberdeen would snub Ferguson.

Kevin Keegan

Harry Redknapp

His record at Man City was better than Allardyces at Bolton also. Man City fizzled out because the board didn't have the financial muscle to build on Keegan's success.

And as for finished, ffs, he's younger than Redknapp and about three years older than Big Sam.

Never go back? I'm sure Porto would tell Mourinho to f*** off and Aberdeen would snub Ferguson.

I can't believe your even putting Keegan in that bracket :lol:

Kevin Keegan

Harry Redknapp

I can't believe your even putting Keegan in that bracket :lol:

He's the nearest we have. Let's all sneer at the guy who pulled us up from nothing.

Guest Knightrider

Kevin Keegan

Harry Redknapp

His record at Man City was better than Allardyces at Bolton also.

Never go back? I'm sure Porto would tell Mourinho to fuck off and Aberdeen would snub Ferguson.

Cappello didn't do too bad back at Madrid either did he. People say going back never works but that's because not many do go back. It's up there with the managers need time because Fergie got it and look what he went on to win, type argument.

Guest EMPIRE2001

There have been notable come backs / returns. Not unlike Trevor McDonald presenting News at Ten.

Seriously I think that even though KK has been out of the game for a couple of years and has not watched a Prem match for 2 years All this bunch of of over paid "stars" need is a good kick up the backside and to be told that they can win the next match and the next one and so on - whoever the team are.  Forget all this business about being Superfit on the Big Sam diet - this seems to do more harm than good. All that is needed is some passion from the players - something that has been lacking at SJP for a long time - say ten years or so.

With AS and KK we would have a very good management team that would allow Shearer to learn from KK. Football has not changed that much in the time KK has been away.

Guest stjamestoon

Lets face it people, we cant get much worse than we are at the moment, so why are we worrying, we are already a laughing stock club, already sack managers after half a season, and havent won anything, so why are we all worrying about different managers coming in .. i say give KK a go, surely he cant do any worse? Maybe we need men like AS and KK in the dressing room to give them so called high flyers a kick up the arse.

Lets face it, we have a good squad...alot of our players come from high profile clubs..Duff and Geremi from chelsea, Owen from madrid, smith and butt from united, martins and emre from inter, beye and Cacapa two defenders that have played at high levels. I mean these are so called class players, so we dont need a major input of talent, all we need is someone to come in and make these good players we currently have on our books, play!

After being sceptical at first I am now warming to the idea. Plus I can't see many other realistic options on the horizon. I don't buy all this "dream ticket" bollocks but I am starting to think that AS/KK would offer a degree of short term stability and we could build from there. For starters they are under no illusions about the nature of the job and both have an excellent understanding of the club. Which is vital given the universal agreement that NUFC is not a normal, well balanced club that is of sound mind and body.....

My biggest fear is another 18 months of whinging and moaning followed by Hughes / Jol / McLaren etc being shown the door.

And there's no way a world class manager will come now so we can forget the Hitzfeld / Mourinho etc wish list.

One thing that makes me think Keegan could be the man is simply that we need the spark back. There's no way, for example, Hughes would ignite any passion in the supporters. We need something to tear us out of our apathy first and foremost.

Are those stats just the Premiership? Or do they include that 1 season where Man City waltzed the First Division?

If so, I'd like to see Coppell's record at Reading.

Getting results in the first division with a squad of first division quality players doesn't devalue the win percentage. I'd give credit to Harry for his first spell at Portsmouth; and Coppell's record shows how good he is

Guest stjamestoon

And on the subject of come backs....

Take That are selling out arena's and getting 50,000 knickers moist every night and they had pretty much done f*** all since 1995.

My mum and sister are two of them daft cows!

Guest mikefin

There have been notable come backs / returns. Not unlike Trevor McDonald presenting News at Ten.

Seriously I think that even though KK has been out of the game for a couple of years and has not watched a Prem match for 2 years All this bunch of of over paid "stars" need is a good kick up the backside and to be told that they can win the next match and the next one and so on - whoever the team are.   Forget all this business about being Superfit on the Big Sam diet - this seems to do more harm than good. All that is needed is some passion from the players - something that has been lacking at SJP for a long time - say ten years or so.

With AS and KK we would have a very good management team that would allow Shearer to learn from KK. Football has not changed that much in the time KK has been away.

I agree 100%. Keegan with or without Shearer for me if (=its not) The special one is not possible.

Lets face it people, we cant get much worse than we are at the moment, so why are we worrying, we are already a laughing stock club, already sack managers after half a season, and havent won anything, so why are we all worrying about different managers coming in .. i say give KK a go, surely he cant do any worse? Maybe we need men like AS and KK in the dressing room to give them so called high flyers a kick up the arse.

Lets face it, we have a good squad...alot of our players come from high profile clubs..Duff and Geremi from chelsea, Owen from madrid, smith and butt from united, martins and emre from inter, beye and Cacapa two defenders that have played at high levels. I mean these are so called class players, so we dont need a major input of talent, all we need is someone to come in and make these good players we currently have on our books, play!

You know why we have them.. because they are not at the height of their powers.

Duff & Geremi = knackered. Mourinho gave us these "bargains" because they are both knackered and he knew it.

Owen = Legs have gone. No pace.

Smith & Butt = 1 is shit and the other is knackered. Take your pick as it applies to the both of them.

Martins & Emre = Emre has never really produced it for us and I could write pages but the ads and dis of Oba.

Beye and Faye are both pretty old aren't they?