Toon turning to Shearer and Keegan

stozo

I've heard from a good source KK is meeting Ashley tomorrow. £20 over 3yr.

If I hear out more i will let you all know.

News comes via one of KK's prodical son's

fuck me!!!!! that is cheap!

Classic. :lol:

Sounds alot to me also. Only passing on the story. All part of the craic.

It's weird but like alot of people on here i think it "could" be a disater...but it is the only name that gives me a tingle other than Jose or Van Gaal.

Sounds alot to me also. Only passing on the story. All part of the craic.

It's weird but like alot of people on here i think it "could" be a disater...but it is the only name that gives me a tingle other than Jose or Van Gaal.

Cheers for the info, even if it does turn out to be bollocks. ;)

By "prodigal son", do you mean one of our ex-players? Probably a limo stealing one. :lol:

I'd be delighted if Keegan returned, and it has nothing to do with any reasons pertaining to nostalgia.

He knows what the essential needs are given the 'end to end nature' of English football ie. width and movement. Many might say he was 'past it' after he left us, but the fact remains he had both Fulham and Man City punching above their weight, and playing good football as well.

Could do worse than Keegan.  My own reservations about him and Shearer have less to do with their potential for success (which is probably not that much better or worse than any of the manager's we are capable of attracting) and everything to do with the risk of failure spoiling their respective legends.  How much damage did Hoddle do to his reputation with Spurs supporters when he came back to manage them and it turned out badly? 

I don't think there's any chance of a Keegan/Shearer double act, their ego's are just too big. It's one or the other in my opinion, and I prefer Keegan at this stage. He's delivered vibrant, attacking football at every club he's managed, and with Ashley's millions to spend, I'm sure he'd deliver more of the same here again.

If Mr Ashley really wants enjoyable, attacking football, then Keegan's your man!

Note Mort's comments about needing someone to develop the Youth system - KK did NOT place a high priority on that and scrapped the club's reserves so he doesn't fit the profile Ashley & Mort are looking for.

And on the subject of come backs....

Take That are selling out arena's and getting 50,000 knickers moist every night and they had pretty much done f*** all since 1995.

I'll pray for Kev to come back for good and relight my fire. Everything changes or Could it be magic?

Save Our Club Kevin!

S.O.C.K.

If you put aside the managerial records - and even then KK would come out on top - anyone favouring Hughes over Keegan is a cold, cold fish.

He pulled us out from the s***, basically by forcing the board to spend money, and left us in a good state after the nobs in charge saw a chance to cash in on our success.

As far as i'm concerned, if he's got an an interest in the job, anything other than full support would be treachery. In my daft sentimental eyes, anyway.

:celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb: :celb:

Everyone who supported Hughes or Deschamps should be lined up and shot when the Kevolution begins.

Guest geordiejim

Re: Why no foreigner?

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2008, 08:29:13 PM » Quote Modify Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

100% shearer keegan to take charge thats why no foreigner  

Report to moderator    82.25.118.1  

i said so on the 9/1/08  who else could it be.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Report to moderator    82.25.118.1 

i said so on the 9/1/08  who else could it be.

:lol: again

A wave of nostalgia came over me.

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/8269/milneriv4.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/9174/obafemiasprillaaq1.jpg

http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/3518/ashandkevvy2.jpg

http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4063/ashleyshearerzg5.jpg

http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/5391/peteremrero0.jpg

Guest elbee909

Report to moderator    82.25.118.1  

i said so on the 9/1/08  who else could it be.

So you weren't right.  Well done!