The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

"How do you stop the unstoppable?" - ESPN's promo for next week's game at Chelsea about Cisse. :cool:

Summer break?  :dontknow: Ramadan?  :dontknow:

spend 80million on quality players?  :dontknow:

That'll have a pretty good effect as well, even though several of those additions had no part in the game today.

Tbf Cisse was stopped due to our own inability to create chances for him more than fantastic play on Chelsea's behalf.

Pretty sure if we created a few clear cut chances for him he would have stuck them away.

The 2 things are very clearly related

• 1 month later...
DANNY GUTHRIE has warned his old club Newcastle they face a battle to keep their top stars.

And in a double blast, the Reading ace told the Toon to forget about breaking into the top four.

Guthrie was part of Alan Pardew’s squad which narrowly missed a Champions League spot last season.

But the midfielder reckons dreams of the club competing with the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea are pie in the sky.

Guthrie, who lines up against Toon today for the first time since quitting in the summer, said: “People have big ideas — they think Newcastle can break into the top four.

“I’d love to see it but I don’t think it will happen because of the finances.

“Newcastle have a team full of good players but they are players other clubs are bound to go for.”

Guthrie, 25, played 104 times for the Magpies but had to get away after Pardew refused to pick him no matter how well he played.

Former England Under-21 star Guthrie said: “I had a period last season when I was playing some of the best football of my career.

“Then someone would come back from injury and take my place. That was very difficult, very frustrating.

“The manager was always straight with me but I knew I had to get away.

“I left amicably but I’d love to get our first win of the season — it would be special to beat my old team.”

Guthrie also revealed Reading boss Brian McDermott persuaded him to join the Royals by gatecrashing his honeymoon in Dubai.

Guthrie said: “ My wife was not too bothered because it was coming to the end of the holiday, so she was pleased to get rid of me.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4562569/Danny-Guthrie-says-Newcastle-face-a-battle-to-keep-their-top-stars.html#ixzz27qjH6Uhp

danny guthrie ‏@dannyguthrie20

Haven't read the sun but I think I'm right in saying Newcastle have top players but can't compete financially with the top 4 #obviously

I actually said the club has everything in place to be one but to go and spend 20 30 mill on players is something only the top 4 can do

Nufc have done wonders in the market but I still think if you want to consistently be challenging the top 4 you have to compete financially

Cheers for the doom for toon headline the sun you bels

DANNY GUTHRIE has warned his old club Newcastle they face a battle to keep their top stars.

And in a double blast, the Reading ace told the Toon to forget about breaking into the top four.

Guthrie was part of Alan Pardew’s squad which narrowly missed a Champions League spot last season.

But the midfielder reckons dreams of the club competing with the likes of Manchester City and Chelsea are pie in the sky.

Guthrie, who lines up against Toon today for the first time since quitting in the summer, said: “People have big ideas — they think Newcastle can break into the top four.

“I’d love to see it but I don’t think it will happen because of the finances.

“Newcastle have a team full of good players but they are players other clubs are bound to go for.”

Guthrie, 25, played 104 times for the Magpies but had to get away after Pardew refused to pick him no matter how well he played.

Former England Under-21 star Guthrie said: “I had a period last season when I was playing some of the best football of my career.

“Then someone would come back from injury and take my place. That was very difficult, very frustrating.

“The manager was always straight with me but I knew I had to get away.

“I left amicably but I’d love to get our first win of the season — it would be special to beat my old team.”

Guthrie also revealed Reading boss Brian McDermott persuaded him to join the Royals by gatecrashing his honeymoon in Dubai.

Guthrie said: “ My wife was not too bothered because it was coming to the end of the holiday, so she was pleased to get rid of me.”

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4562569/Danny-Guthrie-says-Newcastle-face-a-battle-to-keep-their-top-stars.html#ixzz27qjH6Uhp

Legend.

Haven't read the sun but I think I'm right in saying Newcastle have top players but can't compete financially with the top 4 #obviously

I actually said the club has everything in place to be one but to go and spend 20 30 mill on players is something only the top 4 can do

Nufc have done wonders in the market but I still think if you want to consistently be challenging the top 4 you have to compete financially

Cheers for the doom for toon headline the sun you bels

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else find it strange that our pisspoor local TV news programmes (supposedly riddled with mackems in their production department) chose to lead with an unsubstantiated story, plagiarized from a national Sunday newspaper article about a supposed sponsorship deal, along with quotes from any unrelated person they could find bothered to make a comment, while none of the supposedly interested parties have made any official comment whatsoever?

Even stranger that another football club who have a substantial and confirmed sponsorship deal with what most people believe to be a whitewash operation funded by a company alleged to have a record of dubious dealing and exploitation of some of the planet's poorest people got away scot-free.

Perhaps Leveson's recommendations were not intended for north-east news operations.

• 10 months later...