The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

For fuck's sake, do they actually know anything?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2008/09/newcastle_left_in_chaos.html

Could you point out what's wrong with it thanks.

You mean sentence by sentence?

I disagree with almost all of it, and the way McNulty states things as facts that he knows are based on speculation is ridiculous.

A few examples then, if you insist:

"One thing we do know with absolute certainty is that Newcastle is once again a club in chaos, with fractured relationships at the top of the club and a management structure that is fatally flawed."

"The BBC and almost every other outlet received information from the most reliable and informed sources that Keegan had left his position. This would not have been reported had there been the slightest doubt."

"He may mix with Newcastle's fans during matches, but has no grasp on how they feel about their club - and in particular how they feel about Keegan. "

"He cannot sit among those supporters again with his credibility so badly damaged."

"If these discussions are actually focusing on football matters, Keegan will presumably be asking for complete control over transfers, a privilege that has been denied to him so far."

"If Ashley agrees to that, it will effectively mean the demise of executive director Dennis Wise, who is very much the owner's man despite being an unpopular figure among the Newcastle support.

And it should also mean curtains for vice-president (player recruitment) Tony Jimenez and technical co-ordinator Jeff Vetere."

"It is difficult to see how Keegan's career at Newcastle can be salvaged without those huge compromises, and even the eventual departure of Wise, Ashley - or both."

"Newcastle are left as a laughing stock once more. And no-one on Tyneside is blaming Keegan."

Nearly all baseless speculation dressed up as being 'in the know'. I would be embarrassed to publish that.

For f***'s sake, do they actually know anything?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/philmcnulty/2008/09/newcastle_left_in_chaos.html

Could you point out what's wrong with it thanks.

You mean sentence by sentence?

I disagree with almost all of it, and the way McNulty states things as facts that he knows are based on speculation is ridiculous.

A few examples then, if you insist:

"One thing we do know with absolute certainty is that Newcastle is once again a club in chaos, with fractured relationships at the top of the club and a management structure that is fatally flawed."

"The BBC and almost every other outlet received information from the most reliable and informed sources that Keegan had left his position. This would not have been reported had there been the slightest doubt."

"He may mix with Newcastle's fans during matches, but has no grasp on how they feel about their club - and in particular how they feel about Keegan. "

"He cannot sit among those supporters again with his credibility so badly damaged."

"If these discussions are actually focusing on football matters, Keegan will presumably be asking for complete control over transfers, a privilege that has been denied to him so far."

"If Ashley agrees to that, it will effectively mean the demise of executive director Dennis Wise, who is very much the owner's man despite being an unpopular figure among the Newcastle support.

And it should also mean curtains for vice-president (player recruitment) Tony Jimenez and technical co-ordinator Jeff Vetere."

"It is difficult to see how Keegan's career at Newcastle can be salvaged without those huge compromises, and even the eventual departure of Wise, Ashley - or both."

"Newcastle are left as a laughing stock once more. And no-one on Tyneside is blaming Keegan."

Nearly all baseless speculation dressed up as being 'in the know'. I would be embarrassed to publish that.

The BBC are rightly embarrased by how wrong their "sources" were yesterday and how laughable their reporting was.

They are now trying to blame anyone and are throwing more and more lies and misinformation at the story in a desperate attempt to cover themselves.

McNulty is a Man U glory hunting twat and has always hated us with a passion. He takes every opportunity to slag us off. How the BBC can employ such a biased reporter as "Chief Football Writer" (or whatever his fecking title is) just does my head in.

I have just been reading the bbc Phil McNulty blog thing, hehe, the bloke is incapable of admitting he made a mistake. Anyway although I've seen this so many times before, it never fails to amaze me how much hate we seem to generate from other fans, for our "small and insignificant" club. Everyone seems to want to express their opionion on our deludedly high expectations and find it oh so funny that we think we are a big club. I know it happens all the time but it still surprises me to see how much effort people put in to putting us down. The trouble is the toon fans on boards like 606 are awful at putting up any sort of defence, fustrating as hell, i really should learn not to bother reading it.

no such thing as bad publicity seeing as we've blown Man City and Man Utd off the sports pages with an embarrassing story created by the media, yeah something happened, we don't what but the result is massive coverage for the Black & Whites, how much would it of cost for that kind of self promotion ( for want of a better word).

Is their any chance that Sky TV, BBC, Tyne Tees TV and various publications may offer a public apology for the confusion and anger they caused yesterday due to reporting rumours and lies , and their ridiculing of Newcastle United and it's supporters ?

Is their any chance that Sky TV, BBC, Tyne Tees TV and various publications may offer a public apology for the confusion and anger they caused yesterday due to reporting rumours and lies , and their ridiculing of Newcastle United and it's supporters ?

I think you know the answer to that one.

the negative spin surrounding the Keegan story has been unbelieveable. Sky in particular are chomping at the bit for him to leave and refusing to acknowledge any positive side to the situation despite the fact at this stage there is as much chance of him staying as going.

Is it really worthy of lead story, headline news on Sky News for 36 hrs solid ? At this moment in time the employment situation of the NUFC manager is deemed more important than:

global reccession, war, famine, hurricanes, murder, political upheaval etc etc.

Are we genuinely that important in the grand scheme of worldwide news stories ? Do they really need to have a reported camped outside the ground for 48hrs ?

If I had my way I would shut down sky tmrw. They are total cernts.

***********BREAKING NEWS*******SKY ARE CERNTS*************BREAKING NEWS******************

Usually I wouldn't agree that the press should be held accountable for the effects of what they report, (Football wise, other issues are completely different) however with SSN and Co. stating that Keegan was sacked as if it was fact this has actually had a LARGE detremental effect upon our club. The anti - Ashley feeling was spread rediculous amounts on Tuesday, which I feel will linger and likely undermine what will happen with us in the future. The 500 or so that turned out to protest done so thinking that SSN etc... was reporting fact, which is what they made it out to be, however instead they knew fuck all.

Obviously something happened on Monday night/Tuesday morning, but they haven't got a clue. The rediculous idea that the media have a conspiracy against us isn't looking too far off the mark tbh.

Lets wait until the whole episode is over first and we can say for definite that they were wrong

Usually I wouldn't agree that the press should be held accountable for the effects of what they report, (Football wise, other issues are completely different) however with SSN and Co. stating that Keegan was sacked as if it was fact this has actually had a LARGE detremental effect upon our club. The anti - Ashley feeling was spread rediculous amounts on Tuesday, which I feel will linger and likely undermine what will happen with us in the future. The 500 or so that turned out to protest done so thinking that SSN etc... was reporting fact, which is what they made it out to be, however instead they knew f*** all.

Obviously something happened on Monday night/Tuesday morning, but they haven't got a clue. The rediculous idea that the media have a conspiracy against us isn't looking too far off the mark tbh.

Murdoch to buy Newcastle ?

Lets wait until the whole episode is over first and we can say for definite that they were wrong

we can say now for definite that they were wrong.

yesterday they ran the story as if it was a fact that Keegan had been sacked but covered their arses by saying "our sources say". they talked up replacements, they slagged off Ashley, Keegan etc. They whipped the fans into a frenzy.

None of it was based on any factual evidence. It was based on gossip and hearsay. And now they all look like clowns.

Whatever way you look at it they jumped the gun and are now desperately trying to save face.

They were wrong though, Keegan wasn't sacked and didn't walk out. They were reporting as if it happened there and then. He may have walked out at one point on Tuesday, but for Sky to be reporting it in that manner is apauling, without any official word from the club, they were reporting what was a rumour for atleast 2/3rd's of the news cycle.

Guest johnson293

They were wrong though, Keegan wasn't sacked and didn't walk out. They were reporting as if it happened there and then. He may have walked out at one point on Tuesday, but for Sky to be reporting it in that manner is apauling, without any official word from the club, they were reporting what was a rumour for atleast 2/3rd's of the news cycle.

But they used the safety net phrase.... "sources tell us" Its like avoiding a libel claim by stating 'allegedly' - you are saying something which would seem to be fact, but then covering yourself.

The BBC blog article says as much...

If he ends up staying, its just more reason not to belive the press in future, until things come direct from the club/people concerned.

On the contrary, you can guarantee that they will all be digging deeper than ever to find any traces of unrest and no doubt fabricating internal frictions where they can't find any.  They've all been made to look stupid and they'll do anything they can do to prove they were right all along. 

If anything we are in for a rougher ride than ever from the media now.

yesterday they ran the story as if it was a fact that Keegan had been sacked but covered their arses by saying "our sources say". they talked up replacements, they slagged off Ashley, Keegan etc. They whipped the fans into a frenzy.

None of it was based on any factual evidence. It was based on gossip and hearsay. And now they all look like clowns.

Whatever way you look at it they jumped the gun and are now desperately trying to save face.

The club had a press conference lined up to announce it. Keegan and the club had parted company. This news came out long before the media picked up on it, from very good sources within Northern Rock. If you honestly think that there's nothing to this story, then please tell me why the club are still in talks with Keegan?

Dont get me wrong, I hate them all as much as the next man.

I just think we have to wait until KK speaks and tells us he is staying.

If these meetings dont go well and Kevin ends up leaving after all, you know for a fact that they are going to slaughter us, tell us they were right all along, and the statements put out by the club were obviously untrue.

God I hope we dont give them the opportunity

The club had a press conference lined up to announce it. Keegan and the club had parted company. This news came out long before the media picked up on it, from very good sources within Northern Rock. If you honestly think that there's nothing to this story, then please tell me why the club are still in talks with Keegan?

Load of bollocks O0

Load of bollocks O0

A load of bollocks which was reported a long time before the press picked up on anything, which led to

""It is not ideal having to speak to you on managers' positions so early in the season but I was speaking to Kevin Keegan at length on Tuesday night.

"He has not resigned. He is in a difficult position - he'll be discussing really important issues with the Newcastle board over the next few days"

from the league managers association?

Yes mate, clearly nothing in it. Complete load of bollocks.

Sorry like, but this news came from good sources from people linked to the club. If it had only come to light after SSN announced it, then I'd maybe agree with you. People have moaned all through this thread saying that it's bollocks about Keegan not being happy with the situation with Wise, yet this is showing that they were right all along. You're just picking and choosing the news you want to believe I'm afraid.