The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

PS - as I've said in another thread, Henry Winter was on the radio earlier saying he thinks this will all end in tears and Shearer will be in within a year. I know that will disappoint many who look to his articles for a bit of pro-NUFC stance.

I think once Chris Mort comes out and makes his statement the journos won't have any reason to be saying things like this and it will settle down. I was surprised at Winter saying that, he's usually a calm voice.

I was wondering whilst listening to talksport this morning (why do we listen to it though?) - do you think Keegan and Ashley and Mort listen to all this garbage? If I was them it would make me so angry I wouldn't want to ever speak to the press again.

PS - as I've said in another thread, Henry Winter was on the radio earlier saying he thinks this will all end in tears and Shearer will be in within a year. I know that will disappoint many who look to his articles for a bit of pro-NUFC stance.

:-[

Beware the southern press. They are going for the jugular straight away.

Have you seen the Sun this morning.

front page and back page plus inside back two pages full of a non story designed to bring us down.

Doug

Express this morning (I read someone's over their shoulder on the train, didn't buy it!) has a load of shizzite about Keegan moving out of the shadow of Shearer and now having Wise lurking in the background. I feel sorry for the people who take this shit seriously.

Winter is NOT anti-NUFC as a matter of course - he was very pro-us in the 90s and I have no doubt that he made the comments about the new off-field set-up because they were his genuine thoughts on the matter.

I actually share some of his reservations although I think its too soon to say it will end in tears - nevertheless, the potential for that is there as most people can see.....

Winter is NOT anti-NUFC as a matter of course - he was very pro-us in the 90s and I have no doubt that he made the comments about the new off-field set-up because they were his genuine thoughts on the matter.

I actually share some of his reservations although I think its too soon to say it will end in tears - nevertheless, the potential for that is there as most people can see.....

pro us in the 90's ?  as were most of the press. do you think if we were in the top 4 this would be seen in the same light ?

pro us in the 90's ?   as were most of the press. do you think if we were in the top 4 this would be seen in the same light ?

Thats exactly the point.  Chances are Keegan won't get us back into the top 4, and so all of the press can say I told you so.  Its just lazy journalism, you can bet if Wenger was trying to put some sort of structure like this in place at Arsenal, we'd be hearing about how he's light years ahead of clubs like Newcastle.

Its what separates the good journalists (ie. Winter) from the bad ones (ie. the rest of them)

We can't win in the presses' eyes.

If Keegan was doing everything (youth policy, development etc) it would be "Keegan will suffer from burnout and LEAVE" - if we start to look like we're doing what Spurs and Chelsea are doing management wise (with Directors of Football etc) then Keegan is being undermined.

I'm convinced they have an agenda, "let's get keegan out and move onto the next target".

I mean they're going on and on about no goals in two games, two games? What about the 24 games under Allardyce? We're not exactly goal machines are we?

Jesus Christ!!!

KEEGAN 10/1 TO GET THE CHOP

Posted 29/01/08 15:21EmailPrintSave

Kevin Keegan has had his odds slashed from 40/1 to 10/1 to become the next Premier League manger to get the sack.

Despite having only been in the job for two weeks King Kev's odds have been cut after the appointment of Dennis Wise, apparently over Keegan's head, which has caused unrest in the Newcastle ranks.

"I am reluctant to tell you all I know as I really do not know anything." Keegan told The Sun on the Wise matter.

"I just do not know enough about it so it is pointless me saying something or sitting down and saying to you this wasn't quite right or that wasn't quite right. I just want to focus on tonight's game with Arsenal."

Keegan has walked away from every managerial job he has had, including in his previous tenure at Newcastle, and is believed to be upset with the appointment of Wise. The former Leeds boss takes up the role of executive director of football, handling transfers along with other responsibilities but will have nothing to do with the day-to-day running of the side.

Rafael Benitez still remains the bookies favourite to become the next manager to get the sack with Sky Bet placing the Spainish manager at 3/1 to go after his falling out with Liverpool's American owners and the clubs failure to mount a Premier League challenge despite spending nearly £50million on players this season.

"Keegan has walked away from every managerial job he has had."

And yet the opening line concentrates on him potentially getting the sack (as per the bookies). Quality article aside, obviously.

Guest johnson293

"I am reluctant to tell you all I know as I really do not know anything."

I'm pretty sure he said everything, not anything didn't he? Quite a major difference.

A report posted in another thread (from the Northern Echo), does say 'everything'  NOT 'anything'.

Just another example of the gutter press changing someones quote to suit their own agenda!

Guest johnson293

Christ - even Tyne Tees are at it now!!  >:(

Just watched their sport bulletin, and talking about the announcements today, they refer to it as 'the so-called management structure':rolleyes:

Christ - even Tyne Tees are at it now!!  >:(

Just watched their sport bulletin, and talking about the announcements today, they refer to it as 'the so-called management structure':rolleyes:

I saw the pair of daft bints building up to it earlier, using the word "barmy" among others, like they would fucking know, and turned it off.