Deschamps jumps from 80/1 to favourite with bookmakers

Guest hindu times
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Everytime i warm to the idea of the next hotly tipped manager, it gets blown out the water and someone else comes in. FFS.

I might just say i dont want him so this time this mess can end and we can get him in.

:lol:

God damn!

Guest Mucky01

this is madness, hes won SieraB with Juve & fell out with the 2 clubs hes managed.

Hes the one Cantona called a "water carier"?

I don't see how anyone could object to an appointment like this, really. All for it.

Tbf, he's only had one real job. The other one was a mickey mouse one in which anyone could have succeeded (bringing Juve back up). It's an ambitious move and has come out of nowhere but I don't see much difference between him and Shearer. He'll know more about football in general because of his international and club experience but Shearer will get more time from our fans. I wonder why they've gone for him and not Shearer ???

What I mean is more this type of manager, rather than specifically Deschamps.. although I do like his attacking approach from the Juve matches I watched.

Someone's just put a large wager on. Doesn't necessarily mean a thing.

Talksport broke the news at 5.50 that we have approached him and he is currently in talks with Mort and Ashley. They're talking about it now

Yep, looks like its him

I don't see how anyone could object to an appointment like this, really. All for it.

but I don't see much difference between him and Shearer.

Apart from the fact he has managed two teams compared to Shearers none, one of which got to the European Cup Final oh and the fact he has won the World cup and European championships as a player, two champions league medals, 3 French titles, three Serie A titles and an FA cup winners medal! ;D

Woo Hoo!!!

Deschamps was making a lot of positive noises just before Christmas about wanting a Premiership job.

He was a target for Chelsea before and after Mourinho let's not forget!

Parky where are you mate? I told you I would have a word with my mate Didier didn't I O0

Alan Oliver screws up yet again :lol:

I think i could get behind Deschamps to be honest, his limited managerial experience has been pretty successful so far, CL Final, 3rd Monaco, and 1st Serie B Juve. Seems to tick all the boxes that Mort has set.

Huge risk, but a risk id be quite willing to have taken. A proactive appointment, but maybe not one the fans could get behind.

This maybe a big problem.

this is madness, hes won SieraB with Juve & fell out with the 2 clubs hes managed.

Hes the one Cantona called a "water carier"?

http://www.qarl.com/qLab/pile/300/SPARTA.jpg

Get this man in.

He sounds like an exciting prospect from the long-term point of view. He'd bring something different and lots of continental connections which may give us some advantages.

I'm a bit worried about how he'd cope with being plunged into our immediate situation though. It wouldn't take much for us to slip towards the relegation zone.

Apart from he has managed two teams compared to Shearers none, one of which got to the European Cup Final oh and the fact he has won the World cup and European championships as a player, two champions league medals, 3 French titles, three Serie A titles and an FA cup winners medal! ;D

Not sure what he won as a player is supposed to count for as a manager.

Hmm, I was warming to the mixture of the organisational and technical expertise of Houllier combined with the iconic leadership and attacking instinct of Shearer.

Deschamps falls short in comparison.

Unsure Deschamps would meet the criteria set out by Mort, in particular the bit about nurturing young talent.

Apart from he has managed two teams compared to Shearers none, one of which got to the European Cup Final oh and the fact he has won the World cup and European championships as a player, two champions league medals, 3 French titles, three Serie A titles and an FA cup winners medal! ;D

What he's achieved has a player has him in good standing in terms of reputation in the footballing world, but so has Shearer. In fact, Shearer was more successful individually as well so I'd say that evens out.

And regarding his managerial history, you're discounting the fact that this is Shearer at Newcastle we're talking about. If you mention a random club and say Shearer or Deschamps, it'd be Deschamps every time. But this is Newcastle we're talking about. Shearer will get more time than almost any other manager out there except Mourinho/Wenger/Ferguson. Shearer will also get the full backing and support from all of the fans. He also 'knows' the club and what 'we' want.

All of those factors are things that Deschamps does not have going for him, which is why I said, in the end, there's not much difference between the two. And taking Juve back up to Serie A was piss-easy, anyone could have done it ;)

I think i could get behind Deschamps to be honest, his limited managerial experience has been pretty successful so far, CL Final, 3rd Monaco, and 1st Serie B Juve. Seems to tick all the boxes that Mort has set.

Huge risk, but a risk id be quite willing to have taken. A proactive appointment, but maybe not one the fans could get behind.

This maybe a big problem.

If the fans can't get behind an appointment like this then they need to give their heads a shake. We aren't going to get Mourinho and they're rightfully avoiding Shearer - who is still mates with a number of the players, it's too soon for him.

from what i remember about monaco in the champion's league and a quick check at bbc match reports, they had at least one big strong striker in morientes (or prso or adebayor) holding it up or knocking it down, guily cutting inside/having a free role, rothen standing still launching long-balls or crosses into the box, a bunch of average defensive midfielders like ex-west ham edouard cisse (deschamps is the original water-carrier after all) and two small, fast attacking full-backs in ibarra and evra who were probably the best players in the team along with guily. never saw juve under him.

any players at the club that would fit into this style of play? well we don't really have the strikers to fit that style of play, but ameobi looks like adebayor from afar, and erm, smith is quite strong. as for wingers, duff or n'zogbia might do a passable guily attempt, while milner is just as slow and immobile as rothen but not got the same range of passing. no-mark defensive midfielders? we're well stocked in that capacity. butt, geremi, faye, smith (cough) rozehnal could all play there. the full-backs are what i most remember from the team, evra fast as fuck and ibarra incredibly tricky & skilful. beye is fast enough to play as an attacking wing-back but, as a natural centre-half, i don't think he is good enough with his final ball. enrique might be in trouble as he doesn't exactly play like either of those, being big, strong and slow.

so what about deschamps?

speaks english? played for chelsea, juventus and valencia, so might speak french, english, italian, spanish...

only monaco (CL final?) and juventus (serie B) as a manager  :undecided: left juventus as they coun't agree on transfers apparentely...

hmm not too convinced i have to say. and where does that leave shearer?/b]

Fuck Shearer. Why are people obsessed with getting him in?