Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Guest firetotheworks

Remember getting the most uninspiring collection of autographs the time I went down to Maiden Castle like. Proper gutted.

Visions of Mike Hooper trying to sign your ball, fumbling it, and then slowly sitting down as it trickles past him.

Remember getting the most uninspiring collection of autographs the time I went down to Maiden Castle like. Proper gutted.

Chris and Matt Holland

Paddy Kelly

I was going to say Andy Griffin, but I thought he was class.  :lol:

Visions of Mike Hooper trying to sign your ball, fumbling it, and then slowly sitting down as it trickles past him.

Explains where Harper got it from then.......

“There was always a build-up when there was a big game and at that point we were rivaling Manchester United. The whole country were talking about us, we had three thousand [watching] training, the city was buzzing.

I was always gutted I never managed to watch them train when I was kid. Imagine being able to go and watch them train man. It still seems odd that they trained on that bloody field.

I went down loads of times.

Used to take my merlin sticker collection book with me and get each player to sign their sticker.

I hope that sticker book is in the loft.

I used to work at Durham uni around that time and we used to play 5 a side at maiden castle a couple of lunchtimes each week. The end of our games used to coincide with players leaving after training. During the school holidays I was asked for my autograph many times when heading back to work!

I used to work at Durham uni around that time and we used to play 5 a side at maiden castle a couple of lunchtimes each week. The end of our games used to coincide with players leaving after training. During the school holidays I was asked for my autograph many times when heading back to work!

I hope you did it.  :lol:

Chris and Matt Holland

Paddy Kelly

I was going to say Andy Griffin, but I thought he was class.  :lol:

You have to be class to slot one past Buffon in the Champions League!

Got absolutely loads every time I went down, including my picture with the Keegler, Pav, Terry Mac etc.

Some great memories including things like Tino robbing me mate of his Parker pen, when it had showed so the players couldn't train outside so Keegan got them playing 5 a side in the gym and invited everybody in to watch.

Also once went in the October school holidays when it was an international break and managed to get my picture taken with an injured Shearer who was pretty much the only person there.

Sorry OCK. [emoji38]

Got absolutely loads every time I went down, including my picture with the Keegler, Pav, Terry Mac etc.

Some great memories including things like Tino robbing me mate of his Parker pen, when it had showed so the players couldn't train outside so Keegan got them playing 5 a side in the gym and invited everybody in to watch.

Also once went in the October school holidays when it was an international break and managed to get my picture taken with an injured Shearer who was pretty much the only person there.

Sorry OCK. [emoji38]

I was at university in Durham then and it was fantastic being able to watch the training sessions at close range. Great memories.

• 2 weeks later...

I also had that book, would spend hours reading it before bed when I was little. Also remember going to watch the training at that time, got pictures with Keegan and Beardsley (my hero) and got them blown up and put on my wall at home, must still be in the garage somewhere. Watching matches at the Odeon also sticks in my mind. We lived in Loughborough at the time, but whenever we visited my Nana we would always make a trip to the Odeon if we couldn't get a ticket for the match. I always remember it being completely rammed in there. Amazing times though, got so many vivid memories of that period.