Who Will Keegan Go For?

johnnypd

Garay from Racing Santander, and Jesus Navas from Sevilla apparently on the cards. Though I find it hard to believe, since  Navas has homesickness so bad sometimes he has seizures.

On the cards?

Where did you hear this?

Isn't he a central midfielder?  Lucho I mean.

he can play all across midfield. At River Plate he played on the right wing mostly but I presume he plays more central for Porto

Garay from Racing Santander, and Jesus Navas from Sevilla apparently on the cards. Though I find it hard to believe, since  Navas has homesickness so bad sometimes he has seizures.

Garay is a mountain of a defender

Lucho Gonzalez is one of the finest in Europe!

Would be a dream move, but I think Everton failed with a big bid last summer, tied in with the fact he stated his wish to stay with Porto, even with Inter sniffing around!

Was thinking last night, we need a def midfielder yeah, KK wants proven prem experience, who would be available for the lovely sum of 17mil (and also seems to like a handsome pay wedge!)....Javier Mascherano!

Lucho Gonzalez is one of the finest in Europe!

Would be a dream move, but I think Everton failed with a big bid last summer, tied in with the fact he stated his wish to stay with Porto, even with Inter sniffing around!

Was thinking last night, we need a def midfielder yeah, KK wants proven prem experience, who would be available for the lovely sum of 17mil (and also seems to like a handsome pay wedge!)....Javier Mascherano!

I said it when this thread was opened

Would be brilliant

Keegan wants player with prem experience so rules out these foreingers

No he doesn't.

He wants players who can play in the Premiership without needing to spend time adapting to it. It's a completely different thing.

The Garay and Navas thing was from a friend who is ITK. A bit tenuous I know, but he was the one who told me about Martins before everyone else. I can't see either happening, but rumours are always fun. Garay would be a fucking awesome signing like.

The Garay and Navas thing was from a friend who is ITK. A bit tenuous I know, but he was the one who told me about Martins before everyone else. I can't see either happening, but rumours are always fun. Garay would be a f****** awesome signing like.

Cool. Well I guess we'll see what happens.

I'd be surprised about Jesus Navas because he's got serious issues when it comes to being away from home. He has violent anxiety attacks and stuff.

The Garay and Navas thing was from a friend who is ITK. A bit tenuous I know, but he was the one who told me about Martins before everyone else. I can't see either happening, but rumours are always fun. Garay would be a f****** awesome signing like.

Im a bit worried by reading Navas wikipedia

"Navas suffers from chronic homesickness[1][2], to the extent that he has walked out of training camps within Spain because they were too far away from Seville. He also suffers from anxiety attacks and seizures. Navas initially refused to travel with Sevilla during pre-season to the United States due to his acute homesickness[3], later deciding that he would travel in a bid to rid himself of this condition.[4]"

Tynesides a lot like Seville when you think about it. Its like Englands equivalent to Seville. Take away the sun from Seville and the spanish of course and replace it with grey skies and geordies and you basically have Newcastle.

In other words I doubt this will come off. However I could see the Garay link being true. The interest from us that is. Quality player. He's like 6ft 2 or something, looks massive, has pace, power, strength, and good aerial ability, seen him score a few good goals, not prolific, but pretty damn good for a centre half like.

Its going to be near enough impossible to find Prem star players that are not cup tied, or are we not thinking about the FA cup this year?

Cannot see us getting a new player signed in time anyway for the FA cup trip to Arsenal but players we see linked in the media are ones I cannot see us getting at all, not in this transfer window anyway.

Campbell, Beckham, Berbatov, Bentley, Richards, Brown any of those are going to be hard to get.

I think a double bid for Sissoko & Crouch could come off.

Both out of the 1st team, both treat poorly from Rafa, both would love a move away, and i doubt Rafa would stop it happening. £16m for the pair.

Would throw a £6m bid in for Giles Barnes, i think he's a class act. Derby's Ashley Young, lets not miss out on him.

Van Buyten loan would also suit.

I think that would see us nicely through to the summer, all of the fitting the KK bill, but i think he's going to have to go outside England if he wants to bring in some attacking flair through the middle.

Tynesides a lot like Seville when you think about it. Its like Englands equivalent to Seville. Take away the sun from Seville and the spanish of course and replace it with grey skies and geordies and you basically have Newcastle.

In other words I doubt this will come off. However I could see the Garay link being true. The interest from us that is. Quality player. He's like 6ft 2 or something, looks massive, has pace, power, strength, and good aerial ability, seen him score a few good goals, not prolific, but pretty damn good for a centre half like.

Is Garay good on the ball? i.e. a ball playing type of centre back? Because we could do with one of those if we bring a centre back in.